Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement (36898 Views)

Civil Servants Demand N907,000 Minimum Wage, Give Reasons / BON: TV, Radio Stations To Shut Down Over Skyrocketing Fuel Prices / Atiku Vs Buhari: Arewa Youths Endorse Ex-vice President, Give Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by lexy2014: 5:02pm On Feb 19
Owutuotuo:

Oshodi-Apapa Expressway

how is it causing scarcity of cement?
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by thedio(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19
Figger:
The federal government through the ministry of works should rescind it's decision of using concretes on road construction ASAP
They r lying. I heard Dangote closed his portal last week Thursday,this means the company is not selling cement just to create artificial scarcity just to increase the price

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by dododawa1: 5:04pm On Feb 19
Minister of work

Should stop talking RIGID PAVEMENT

Everytime

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Yankee101: 5:06pm On Feb 19
It’s definitely not demons and supply
They go up anytime the naira depreciates
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by forgiveness: 5:07pm On Feb 19
What a ridiculous excuse.

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by pocom16: 5:09pm On Feb 19
Walkat9t:
Let the FGN give others license to bring in cement into the country to combat with the rising demand

License no be issue...

Na dollars
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by thedio(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19
tctrills:

Oga, this is simple demand and supply that you were taught in secondary school. What do you expect what the demand overwhelmes the supply.
Bro u can believe anything. Where is the demand coming from when ppl are hungry.
The fact is the quantity of cement Nigeria producing today is far beyond the demand

2 Likes

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by fortunez1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 19
Wicked people, so that's why u increased the price abi. God will judge una

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by specialmati(m): 5:15pm On Feb 19
EmperorCaesar:
shocked

One dumbo said Yorubas will not be able to build houses anymore as if things like wealth and affluence is acquired ethnically and that was it for me

I finally concluded that we have more retarded people in this country than we all think we do

IQ is geographically influenced, according to scientists and I think its very low at that side where the sun rises cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it should be very very low from your side because with your write up here it means you are not wise.you have chosen to be foolish.try to associate with the wise men from the east let see if you can get small wisdom

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by pocom16: 5:18pm On Feb 19
thedio:

They r lying. I heard Dangote closed his portal last week Thursday,this means the company is not selling cement just to create artificial scarcity just to increase the price

This must be bear parlour talk..who told you distributors order cement from website grin grin

Dey play..

Go to ibese and okpella and see thousands of trucks loading 900 bags daily...Obajana is worse

Dangote plants has never shutdown except when yeye Bello wanted to claim his plant in Obajana and in 24 hrs they opened
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by bryton2shot(m): 5:24pm On Feb 19
Chicagograduate:
Na all these yahoo (Money miss road) boys dey make cement cost.As I am typing,they are buying in large quantities for the price of 15k each without blinking because they want to compete with their ritualists pairs about spending costly to build a house.
Open our borders..Why are Nigerian manufacturers exporting their products but are frowning at importation of foreign goods?
dis set of ppl are part of the problem...but no one is seeing it

2 Likes

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:25pm On Feb 19
All these yeye mushroom associations
Increase in demand ko
Increase in allocation ni
Agbado people forming cement makers
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by ObalendeCMS: 5:41pm On Feb 19
benuejosh:

Look at this man. So because of this, you guys decied to increase the price of cement just because only a few or select few are producing. This is the same artificial crisis i was talking about even in the market. The traders are deliberately increasing prices of commodities in the market every hour of the day. The same item on the same day has a different price at 8:00am, 12:00noon and 4:00pm.

Humans are just being wicked.

I have an aunt that owns a depot. She keeps telling her fellow traders to increase the price of their products lying that another trader is also selling for a higher price. All because she needs a stoopid justification to also increase price from her own end. I always feel bad when she does this.

2 Likes

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by chidiokay: 5:44pm On Feb 19
Paraman:
Importing cement on the short run. But the issue about importing on the short run is that, it's going to be very expensive because of the high exchange rate.

We are not producing enough cement in Nigeria. We need more cement manufacturers in Nigeria

What are you even saying ! in a country where over 80% has less than 500k in there account ... what is the fraction of people building house

Demand overwhelming supply is a big lie that won't fly, we have abundance of resources to produce optimally no excuses

3 Likes

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Blakjewelry(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19
afroniger:
Hear talk? What a criminal excuse! That's price gouging. Government should penalize them. Nigerian were thinking that the reason for the sharp increase was related to inflation or dollar scarcity. Which stupid increase in demand are they referring to? This is unacceptable plain and simple economic sabotage.
And a lot of fools here on Nairaland were defending the rubbish with fake claim about cost of production even when you try to point that their have been no sudden change in the economic landscape to warrant such increment, they were arguing blindly forming smart.

3 Likes

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by thedio(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19
pocom16:

This must be bear parlour talk..who told you distributors order cement from website grin grin

Dey play..

Go to ibese and okpella and see thousands of trucks loading 900 bags daily...Obajana is worse

Dangote plants has never shutdown except when yeye Bello wanted to claim his plant in Obajana and in 24 hrs they opened
Lol. What u don't know is far away from u.
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Gboss247(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19
Paraman:
Importing cement on the short run. But the issue about importing on the short run is that, it's going to be very expensive because of the high exchange rate.

We are not producing enough cement in Nigeria. We need more cement manufacturers in Nigeria
Stop falling for the cheap lies, Nigerians are suffering from scarcity of purchasing power to buy cement and not scarcity of cement.
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Ezmans: 5:57pm On Feb 19
Paraman:

Nigeria is audio giant of africa
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by pocom16: 6:01pm On Feb 19
thedio:

Lol. What u don't know is far away from u.

Lol...what exactly do you know..

You are talking based on "hear..say"
I am telling you facts

All Dangote and BUA plants are running 💯

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Elliotwaveforec: 6:20pm On Feb 19
Thieves! They're exporting to neighboring countries; nothing like demand overwhelming them. They make more money exporting than selling locally.

They should be stopped from exporting now!

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by BluntCrazeMan: 6:20pm On Feb 19
EcoBrick:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/19/producers-give-reasons-for-skyrocketing-cost-of-cement/
Production overwhelmed by demand??

But our Nigerian-Produced cement are still being supplied to Cameroon, Benin, Togo, and even to far-away Ghana through road routes.

So, why supplying to all these countries whereas the demand in Nigeria is overwhelming the supply??

WHY MUST YOU GUYS ALWAYS TELL LIES?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by malali: 6:23pm On Feb 19
Good move

Lower prices now or government will issue licenses to more cement manufacturers

AKA

Government will break the monopoly.
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by sammiewrite(m): 6:23pm On Feb 19
The subsidy guys who smuggle our fuel to neighbouring countries. The farmers who receive government grants only to start exporting to other countries instead of selling in Nigeria to Nigerians. And now, a few group of people seeing we have a weak government just wake up and decided to throw millions of Nigerians into unnecessary hardships and chaos.
Ofcourse Nigeria is not a country in the real sense of the word, reason issues like terrorism, treason and economic sabotage, which many Nigerians are guilty of, is not a serious offence. The government can see this economic sabotage and as usual won't do anything about it. Everybody just talks and do as they like, when they like, without any consequences. Nobody will be arrested or prosecuted at the end of the day, and that is how we found ourselves where we currently are at.

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Tapout(m): 6:30pm On Feb 19
afroniger:
Hear talk? What a criminal excuse! That's price gouging. Government should penalize them. Nigerian were thinking that the reason for the sharp increase was related to inflation or dollar scarcity. Which stupid increase in demand are they referring to? This is unacceptable plain and simple economic sabotage.

It's actually a very greedy excuse. And all along some people assumed it was high cost of production and distribution. And where is the high demand coming from btw?? angry

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by delzbaba(m): 6:33pm On Feb 19
afroniger:
I'm telling the explanation no just make any sense, increase price because of demand? Why can't you increase production?

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Tapout(m): 6:37pm On Feb 19
benuejosh:

Look at this man. So because of this, you guys decied to increase the price of cement just because only a few or select few are producing. This is the same artificial crisis i was talking about even in the market. The traders are deliberately increasing prices of commodities in the market every hour of the day. The same item on the same day has a different price at 8:00am, 12:00noon and 4:00pm.

Humans Nigerians just being wicked.

Please be specific. Something similar happened to me at a supermarket close to where I stay. Since then, I've not stepped into the supermarket again.

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by tuoyoojo(m): 6:38pm On Feb 19
Figger:
The federal government through the ministry of works should rescind it's decision of using concretes on road construction ASAP

This is the beginning and end of the problem. The demand is too much esp for road construction thereby driving the prices up
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by broadman20: 6:53pm On Feb 19
EmperorCaesar:
shocked

One dumbo said Yorubas will not be able to build houses anymore as if things like wealth and affluence is acquired ethnically and that was it for me

I finally concluded that we have more retarded people in this country than we all think we do

IQ is geographically influenced, according to scientists and I think its very low at that side where the sun rises cheesy cheesy cheesy

Most of you are sincerely funny and I now understand why these politicians are toiling with your brains.

How can people be talking about tribe with this economic challenges?

Most of you really need to see a doctor as soon as possible, this is not ordinary.
Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by ejimatic: 7:16pm On Feb 19
EcoBrick:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/19/producers-give-reasons-for-skyrocketing-cost-of-cement/
. Wicked people with filmsy excuses! You deliberately fleece Nigerians with what we produce ourselves. Where is our Elephant Cement Company at Ewekoro? Has it not been silenced by Dangote and Abua Cements? Capitalists now control the market and increase the prices because the supply is more than the demand.

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Bimpe29: 7:19pm On Feb 19
Dangote, BUA are cashing out massively. The Nigerian economy isn't really and holistically regulated.

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Kingbuhari(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19
Criminals... Since you can't meet the demand, allow us to import from somewhere else.. u will say I will seek the scarce dollar to import... Lie lie .. even I buy 1 dollar at 1500 naira , I will still make profit, nonsense I will not even need Ur dollars.. a bag of quality 50kg of cement are sold for 12aed in UAE.. that's about 600 , if i add landing cost It will come to 6k per bag.... Open the border you morons

1 Like

Re: Producers Give Reasons For Skyrocketing Cost Of Cement by Kingbuhari(m): 7:36pm On Feb 19
Paraman:

and what is going to make it expenses.. I will not even need dollar to import it , a bag of cement 50kg is 5200 in UAE this is a country that import their product from abroad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Naira Notes: Protesters Block Roads In Warri / I Won't Apologize Niger-Delta Avengers - Tompolo / Police Declare Mukaila Lamidi 'Auxiliary' Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.