Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) (17005 Views)

CJTF Repells Suicide Bomber In Borno State (graphic Photos) / Berom Killings By Fulani Herdsmen Must Stop. Please,federal Gov. (graphic Pix). / Soldier Poses Alongside Dead Body Of A Boko Haram Member In Borno..graphic Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by BoOOosHBoy: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2011
Kx:

For your info, this will not deter foreign investors. grin grin grin grin

u sound so sure
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2011
Na waoo. Why is OSU always a trouble spot.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Sijo01(f): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2011
Oh Gwad, plz hav mericy on ur shedren. sad sad
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by testoy: 10:42am On Nov 11, 2011
May God Almighty save us in this country where security is our enemy, and the agents are not ready to help us. May God 4give the soul of those that lost thier lifes . Amin.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by r231(m): 11:01am On Nov 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Baawaa(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2011
That is the work of OGD,when the money don't come as it use to come before.Boys(cult-boys)need to found another means,
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2011
Most Campus Bank robberies are carried out by Students!

Just Saying!
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by olajide8(m): 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
well i expect iice, to yanke me off again for making my honest contribution this time to the negatives in the society as usual, again its not to fair for banks to be removed from campuses especially if you have been to Ago-Iwoye, itself, students have to go all the way to ijebu-gbo to see the closest bank before this branch was opened i heard some one talk about campus cults should people that the whole world want to crucial sacrifice their lives for those that want to crucify them, to the other issue armed robbers operate based on a lot of information "i suspect" they knew the bank would have money at that point in time and they went for the kill, i am sure if they check very well they have police conspiracy behind them AK47 bullets litter every where only the military and the police have those kind of weaponry in nigeria,
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by gascoign1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2011
Where is the Nigerian police? I guess they are busy collecting N20 at the express road.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by humblebee: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
same thing happened in Bowen university a few months back, its so sad
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by silibaba: 1:56pm On Nov 11, 2011
wot a mess angry angry
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by moshoodn(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
Dear Lord, pls help Nigeria. . . She's falling apart everyday.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by tinnymerit(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
@jakumo,why are you dishing out wrong info?,d last time robbers came to babcock was 2007.Though they always come to wema in the town where babcock is situated but not entering the sch at all.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by alex406(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is really sad,yet we have security agents in this country. They will not appear until the whole place is cool and dry.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by ayandaab: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
Remember the one at Bowen Iwo. Robbers numbering up to 40 rubbing 4 banks at the same time. In situations like this, the rubbers went away with millions of naira unchallenged. may God help our Police. Some of this rubbers come prepared with charms.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Xfactoria: 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
Except for the innocent lives that were lost, I do not really mind if robbers shift their attention to robbing banks and sparing the house to house raids that used to be the most popular form of robbery in the past. The banks are where the cash is now and that makes our homes safer these days because nobody keeps cash at home anymore. The cash in the bank's vault are always reasonably insured so the Bank doesn't stand a huge risk of going down from robbery incidences.

Notwithstanding, this is a serious security challenge that is not peculiar to Nigeria. Bank robberies are also common in many developed economies of the world. So this should not be an opportunity to castigate Mr. President as some people are fond of doing. The Police should step up their game. They should liaise with their counterparts in other western countries and learn a few things on how to combat this crime albeit it cannot be stopped but can be reduced or made a heinous task.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by hob(m): 12:51am On Nov 12, 2011
this is a bad omen 4 our security forces,they r not worthy of protecting our lives & property,imagine robbing 5 banks @ d same time in a sch campus and no rapid response,this is totally outrageous>>>>our security forces shd b stripped of all dere powers>>>May God grant d families of d lost souls fortitude to bear d losses>>>>>>
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by whiteroses(f): 3:06am On Nov 12, 2011
sad a cousin at that University gave his life to christ after this, he said we see terror on our screens but we are chilled back at home and we have no idea what they went through on the scene, he was around and said the horror shook his heart around his rib cage cos he heard shots pow pow and people flying like dry leaves, his chest started pounding fast and he could feel adrenaline running round his head as people ran to safety. I just pray that none of us gets in this situation by Gods grace becuase he was still traumatized when he described it to him, he called and said Nigeria is on fire oo  sad whe he was calm he said he couldn't believe he was breathing the same air as the guys who carried the cold blooded act.
When I told some peeps they all went tribal again that most cold blooded killers usually don't attack in their vicinity like it will be easy for a fulani or an ijaw person who travels to Lagos for greener pastures but is rather facing chronic hardship to turn cold and heartless because the Yorubas are not his people hes a stranger and vice versa as how a yoruba man also leaves home facing hardship anything goes but i don't care we are all one and people should have conscience, because they want to drive a hummer jeep someone is loosing their life and they'll go pop champagne and bleep LovePeddlers on the weekend, this is bad
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by tpia5: 4:23am On Nov 12, 2011
1. when did nigerian universities start having banks on campus?

2. who supplied these robbers with bombs? Are they linked to the boko haram rebels in the north? or vice versa.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by whiteroses(f): 4:54am On Nov 12, 2011
tpia@:

1. when did nigerian universities start having banks on campus?

2. who supplied these robbers with bombs? Are they linked to the boko haram rebels in the north? or vice versa.

It's an organized crime they have bosses, I have uncles in the army that have seen stuff and what I understand is that some individuals, usually business moguls and politicians that lost money must have gone into bankruptcy, they are annoyed because the system fail them, in their everyday job they are making enough one bank or company will just promise one unrealistic deal and they loose it all causing bankruptcy but they can't afford to loose money because the failing business is linked to many other complicated stuff like a big loan from another mogul that is threatening to kill you which he will if you don't pay, property collateral some will use all they have in life to get a loan and if they fail they literarily will be homeless, all three kids in american private schools must get funding and worst of all jail time if they fail. These men who probably have been bank managers before would then recruit some cocaine infested boys with no heart to go and operate, a lot of time where these men lost their money is where they will ask these boys to go back to and bring the money back home. Oceanic bank should look into their investors and shareholders one of the names they see is the one behind it lol
Bokko haram and money shouldn't be seen in one sentence there is no link they are all about faith
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by fuke(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2011
Half  of Banks in Ibadan, at least Ui and Bodija
area closed doors for fear of robbers.

This regime is finished.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by member479760: 8:35am On Nov 12, 2011
na GEJ bi the issue!
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by lastpage: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2011
Hmmm,,,,,How can Robers be shooting for a whole T-W-O HOURS and no security outfit came out?

Were they on "strike" or what? Mr. DPO, whereyou phucking ashy in your office while this  was going on?

Even if it means emptying the Barracks of all military personnel, ITS HIGH TIME WE START TELLING THESE THIEVES ITS NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL!

In such emergencies, l expect the "armed forces" to quickly cooperate and deal with the situation drastically!

Surround the whole area completely with armed Personnel and let the Robbers shoot till they run out of bullet but the only thing that must never happen is for them to escape, especially with the LOOT!

It sends out the wrong type of signal, no wonder they keep COMING BACK! angry angry
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Death toll have risen to 8, d most heartbreakin of all is a law student who just grad frm law sch and came 4 his call up letter only 2 b hit by a stray bullet, So pathetic, now we can see mobile police @ every nukes stopping and searching every1, but for 2hrs on thurs dey were on recess
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by jmaine: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2011
lastpage:

Hmmm,,,,,How can Robers be shooting for a whole T-W-O HOURS and no security outfit came out?

Were they on "strike" or what? Mr. DPO, whereyou phucking ashy in your office while this  was going on?

Even if it means emptying the Barracks of all military personnel, ITS HIGH TIME WE START TELLING THESE THIEVES ITS NO LONGER BUSINESS AS USUAL!

In such emergencies, l expect the "armed forces" to quickly cooperate and deal with the situation drastically!

Surround the whole area completely with armed Personnel and let the Robbers shoot till they run out of bullet but the only thing that must never happen is for them to escape, especially with the LOOT!

It sends out the wrong type of signal, no wonder they keep COMING BACK! angry angry

Bros in year 2009, Some highly organized dare devil armed robbers attacked the Bureau de change in Sabo, Yaba L.G.A in Lagos . . . . guess what, the Sabo Police division is about 50-60 meters away from the robbery incident and them no move . .You know why? Just one Armed robber with a sophisticated rifle faced the police station and they were all under checkmate for hours  shocked . . .Men hand drop  sad . . .The Military guyz in An Barracks Onike were highly alert but they stayed within the confines of their barracks gate . . .The Robbers were wise not too pass through that escape route while shooting . . .Na fire for fire e for be with the military . . . Y[b]ou wan try life Tortoise where some of the female robbers dey hang for neck . . . Flout orders and get shot at . . .Not to kill but to maim and done expertly[/b]. . .A lady suffered a gunshot wound to the hand for daring to be silly to try answering a phone call . .Na Gbosa na im dey give for am for hand . . .Precision from afar . . . 

E get some robberies wey normal policemen no dey bother about, unless those highly equipped and rugged anti robbery squad were some be even jazz men sef fit confront . .
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Abbycite(m): 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
People probably think dis is a small armed robbery case, well it is not? I was there, so I don't like d way you people are turning it to be your usual nairaland talk. We are talking about shooting sporadically for two hours continuously. Am sorry to say this, not even the whole of the Policemen in Ogun State would want to confront those people. They are well armed to the teeth (not the usual armed robbery case).

And more importantly, this is not the case of one cult group or refugee issue. So mind your Comments.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by lastpage: 7:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^^I understand your position and that of Jmaine, above.

But the point l am also making is that "Are we to just fold our arms and give-up" against these dare-devils?
What they are doing is wrong and evil thus, Civilized People must do everything Possible to counter them.

For example, in other climes, they are willing to sacrifice a whole squad of law enforcers, just to capture a single criminal that shoots a Police officer!
Its just to get "the message across" that their is a line YOU CANT CROSS!

Jazz or no Jazz, can these robbers stand the MET Police or the Rapid Response Unit of some of these foreign countries?
Lets think out of the box and ask ourselves: What is the difference between these other Police, such that they can and would bring down any criminal (even one with the best Nigerian-made Jazz! grin ) that tries to make life impossible for others?

Is it Weaponry? Training? Motivation, or are we just wallowing in "FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN"?

For example, why should the Soldiers at Ann Barracks (as stated up there), keep mewt, knowing that Robbers are terrorizing the area and the Police are (as always) useless helpless?
Are they not part of the state or dont we pay their salaries? Cant they just respond for a few minutes and get the hell back inside their barracks? Are they a slave to the law or are they just plain, lazy shyte-heads that rejoice in seeing civilians being punished? Which war have they fought in the last 20yrs of earning salary? If it is to kill "un-armed, protesting students" now, you will see them in combat gear like it is the 3rd Gulf War! angry angry

Make l no vex, walahi! angry shocked

The truth is that we can either give-up and let the Robbers rule our lives (in which case, everyone is entitled to self-defense or the 'join them if you cant beat them syndrome'!)
or we can all come together and devise ways and means of tackling this menace of "Organized 50-man squad of robbers"! shocked

If robbers can organize and band together, to be more potent, why cant we?
Why cant government seek the support of OPC and other "traditional methods" (not the criminal ones amongst them), if it is the "Jazz part" that is scaring our Police?
Serious problem demand unconventional solutions, if you ask me!

I feel sad that a young man who has struggled all his life to be a Lawyer, is shot down like a chicken, just for no good reason! Imagine what the parents are feeling right now?
And the culprits will be somewhere, free and enjoying the stolen loot!

I dey vex big time! angry
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by manie(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2011
May God help us in this country. I lost my cousin Sijuanu Moluga during the robbery operation at OOU. He was killed inside GTB at OOU. He will be buried today, May God give your Dad Engr. Olusegun Moluga and your brother Engr Seun Moluga the fortitude to bear this loss.
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 15, 2011
manie:

May God help us in this country. I lost my cousin Sijuanu Moluga during the robbery operation at OOU. He was killed inside GTB at OOU. He will be buried today, May God give your Dad Engr. Olusegun Moluga and your brother Engr Seun Moluga the fortitude to bear this loss.
May his soul rest in perfect peace, Was not able 2 attend his funeral,but paid my respect when his body was taken away frm d anatomy dept, God loves him more
Re: Bank Robbery At Ago Iwoye,ogun State(graphic Pix) by Jakumo(m): 8:58am On Nov 15, 2011
Four dead and dozens of hospitalized students is an outrageous bank robbery aftermath even amid the surreal anarchy that is contemporary Nigeria.  The PRIMARY stated objective of Nigeria's Boko Haram Islamic fundamentalist terror group remains to DESTROY by force of arms those interests deemed to promote Western education.  The conclusion can thus be drawn that the coordinated multiple bloody bank robberies which occurred in that university campus four days ago, during which students were deliberately attacked with fragmentation grenades and shot, bears the unmistakeable fingerprint of organized terror, a development that must NOT be allowed to escape the attention of relevant intelligence agencies, both within and without Nigeria. 

Reports from the scene describe a man calmly touching off a shoulder-fired rocket-propelled grenades into bank lobbies FULL of students, as his gang members leveled Kalashnikovs to open up on cowering and fleeing innocent civilians whose only "offence" may in fact be that they were assembed on that campus to acquire formal Western educations, in defiance of the explicit edicts ululated by illiterate Al Queda-funded mullahs from Nigeria's northern fundamentalist lunatic fringe.

At the very least, ALL banking institutions currently operating branch offices within ANY premises devoted primarily or in part to non-Islamic education within the Nigerian federation should be ORDERED by the FEDERAL government to CLOSE those mayhem attractants right away, so as to prevent the recurrence of further bank robbery/student massacre combinations in the christian SOUTH of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaker Of Rivers Assembly Stripped Of Security Personnel / Akeredolu Holds Thanksgiving Service For Successful Inauguration / INEC Staff Welcome Newly-Reappointed Chairman, Yakubu Back To Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.