Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb (5079 Views)

Blackberry Q10 And Ipad2 For Grab / Apple Sued Because Iphone Isn't Really 16 GB / Ipad 3g 64gig For Sale 95k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Ehisod(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
Hi guys,

I am being offered a choice between iPad 3g 64gb (1st generation) and iPad 2 Wifi 16gb. Which will you go for, please I need your suggestions, especially if you have used the two before. What are the advantages and disadvantages especially here in Naija. This choice is being offered as a Christmas gift by my sis in Yankee. I don't have any experience with either of these gadgets, thanks for your contributions.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Suntemi(m): 4:21am On Nov 11, 2011
Ehisod:

Hi guys,

I am being offered a choice between[b] iPad 3g 64gb (1st generation)[/b] and iPad 2 Wifi 16gb. Which will you go for, please I need your suggestions, especially if you have used the two before. What are the advantages and disadvantages especially here in Naija. This choice is being offered as a Christmas gift by my sis in Yankee. I don't have any experience with either of these gadgets, thanks for your contributions.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by lynxnoon(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2011
go for the Ipad 3G 64GB (1st gen) cos u will have the option of using wifi and Mobile Broadband tru the SIM card slot
cheers
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by aieromon(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2011
Be an Oliver Twist and insist on IPAD 2 32GB wifi+3G.If she can afford the 32GB wifi only version,beg her to ''close her eyes'' and pick up the wifi+3G version
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Maisuya1: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
chairman go for the Ipad 2, except u need the storage space - which i doubt coz u cant save much important stuffs on an ipad except u r willing to buy a gift card

but i think all ipad 2 come sim enabled. so if the one u r offered is not sim enabled then go for the ipad 3g
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by DoubleN(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
lynxnoon:

go for the Ipad 3G 64GB (1st gen) cos u will have the option of using wifi and Mobile Broadband tru the SIM card slot
cheers
I second the advice above, a Wifi only device in Nigeria is a no no, No matter what brand it is!
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
I will definitely go for the 3G option, wifi kor, LAN ni
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by mekume22: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
IT Certification Dumps

Have seen many that failed their IT exams based on outdated practice dumps or they went with faith, I am here to provide you with the most recent exam dumps for your IT;

Microsoft Cisco CompTIA Oracle Sun RedHat Citrix

HP IBM CheckPoint CIW LPI Novell VMware CWNP EXIN Other

contact me on 08032513592 at affordable rate.

Cheers
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by COMPAQ(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ordinarily i'd say go for the 3G version. However, if you have a compatible nokia phone, you can turn your phone into a mobile hotspot (mifi) and then use the wifi on the ipad. Check out www.joiku.com
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by tboy1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
iPad 3g 64gb (1st generation)

If you insist you want wifi, you can always use your phone as a hotspot or you can purchasing a MiFi device (a cellular data connected device that you carry with you and it creates your own WiFi hotspot)
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by BoOOosHBoy: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ipad 3G it is
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Walala(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
lynxnoon:

cheers

You cannot use Wi-fi with a sim card slot.  that is what the 3G is for.  Wifi needs a wireless connection such as at the airport, home, office e.t.c.

@poster, you are better off picking the Ipad2 because you can use a sim card and also wi-fi plus you don't really need that much data stored on your ipad.  You can get icloud and store your data on that and only push what you need for that day or week onto your device.  16GB is enough.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by lynxnoon(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
Walala:

You cannot use Wi-fi with a sim card slot.  that is what the 3G is for.  Wifi needs a wireless connection such as at the airport, home, office e.t.c.

@poster, you are better off picking the Ipad2 because you can use a sim card and also wi-fi plus you don't really need that much data stored on your ipad.  You can get icloud and store your data on that and only push what you need for that day or week onto your device.  16GB is enough.
i dont think u got what i was saying. . . i know wifi and 3G are two different means of wireless connection
Wifi uses a Wireless adapter while ur '3G' also know as Mobile broadband uses GSM/CDMA networks with the use of SIM cards tru sim card slots.
I adviced the poster to go for d 1 gen ipad he mentioned cos he will be able to use both wifi or 3G compared to the Ipad2 which will be 16GB but can only be used with Wifi and no 3G.
I hope u now get my drift wink
cheers
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Walala(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
lynxnoon:

i dont think u got what i was saying.  .  .  i know wifi and 3G are two different means of wireless connection
Wifi uses a Wireless adapter while your '3G' also know as Mobile broadband uses GSM/CDMA networks with the use of SIM cards tru sim card slots.
I adviced the poster to go for d 1 gen ipad he mentioned cos he will be able to use both wifi or 3G compared to the Ipad2 which will be 16GB but can only be used with Wifi and no 3G.
I hope u now get my drift wink
cheers

My bad, I got it confused and tried to correct my mistake but couldn't. Anyway I have a iPad2 with 3G + Wi-fi and I am looking for the best service when I get to 9ja. What would you recommend in terms of reliability, speed and data usage.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by lynxnoon(m): 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
Walala:

My bad, I got it confused and tried to correct my mistake but couldn't. Anyway I have a iPad2 with 3G + Wi-fi and I am looking for the best service when I get to 9ja. What would you recommend in terms of reliability, speed and data usage.
No wahala
For now in Naija CDMA networks (e.g Starcomms, Multilinks, Visafone etc) would have been a better a option but they dont offer such services except its on their own device; which is even very rare, lol

AS per GSM firms like Mtn, Glo, Etisalat n Zain:
Data Usage: they all have data limit but Glo has the best offer for now; >Etisalat >Zain>Mtn

Speed: Glo>Mtn>Etisalat

Reliability: Mtn>Glo>Etisalat

All this really depends on the network coverage of the area where u will be using the service
Another thing is; since ipad uses microsim. . i only know for sure that u can get such sims from Mtn,Glo n Etisalat;not sure of Zain
This is basically my own opinion but you should also know that they all have their downtimes
And going tru their sites to compare data plans will also help in making ur decision

I hope that helped
cheers wink
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Suntemi(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
Walala:

At the moment Etisalat 3G is the fastest. That also depends on where you plan to stay when you are here sha.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by llbhuds: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
even a blind person will choose 3G
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by ogbongzky(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
Please go for the iPad 1 with 3G and wifi.

Having iPad2 without 3G, which means you cannot use micro sim with it, doesnt make any sense because you will still have to buy an external mifi device before you can enjoy 3G services.

I am enjoying my iPad and if you need iPad tutorials, feel free to buzz me.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
@op simply because u said its a gift, id advice u to get the ipad 2

sure the limitation is obvious but consider this

1. the difference in performance and probably useability between the ipad and ipad 2 is very very large. most apple aficionados admit that the ipad2 is what the 1st ipad should have been. its is simply much better.

2. if u follow apple trends a bit then u would know they have this weird thing going where u absolutely need to have their latest gadget to enjoy their premium offerings, else u resort to the jailbreak and hacking thingy

3. since u getting it free, u could spend a bit of ur own money on a mifi. its a useful gadget. or simply get ur present smartfone to act as such saving u even more money and hassle. android fones running froyo or gingerbread can do this, iphones too can, and i know some symbian fones can too.

unless ur a total osho free niggy, i feel u shld consider the ipad2
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by oludy: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
4llerbuntu:

@op simply because u said its a gift, id advice u to get the ipad 2

sure the limitation is obvious but consider this

1. the difference in performance and probably useability between the ipad and ipad 2 is very very large. most apple aficionados admit that the ipad2 is what the 1st ipad should have been. its is simply much better.

2. if u follow apple trends a bit then u would know they have this weird thing going where u absolutely need to have their latest gadget to enjoy their premium offerings, else u resort to the jailbreak and hacking thingy

3. since u getting it free, u could spend a bit of your own money on a mifi. its a useful gadget. or simply get your present smartfone to act as such saving u even more money and hassle. android fones running froyo or gingerbread can do this, iphones too can, and i know some symbian fones can too.

unless your a total osho free niggy, i feel u shld consider the ipad2

Best advise so far. Well done.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by omega25red(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2011
poster get the one with wifi because im not sure you have the phone company that supports the 3g data coverage in Nigeria besides wifi is everywhere and you dont have to pay an extra monthly bill for the 3g service
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Ehisod(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
I have checked out some youtube videos on both devices and I must say the iPad 2 is really cool but when I think about using these things in naija I still lean towards the 3G pad having to go buy a MiFi for 24k and two of them around is well  undecided not so okay by me. However in terms of running games and apps is there any that iPad 2 can do which iPad cannot do besides apps that need camera or gyroscope?
Thanks for your responses by the way.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:24am On Nov 12, 2011
like i pointed out, u dont need the mifi, u may decide to go for a phone that can serve as a wireless hotspot. infact if the price u quoted for the mifi is true, then buy a cheap budget android fone that runs at least 2.2. i thot the mifi was 14-16 k!

u get a new fone along with the ipad that way.

anyways its ur choice, google for engadgets ipad 2 review. they are apple fanboys so wat they say abt it is prolly ok. if the review does not tell u the advantages of ipad 2 over 1 then its not worth it then.

but let me tell u one secret abt apple tech and tech as a whole. apples new hardware is always waaaaay bettter than the one preceding it.

then again, funny thing abt tech is wen u want it, everything else pales in comparison. u just must get it. but after getting it, u realise the limitations and promptly want anor one. im willing to place a bet that u will sell the ipad 1 within 4 months! its just how it is. its kinda like going for a N95 wen E7 is also possible

anyway, there really isnt more to add, u have heard it all. make up ur mind and go for it.
BESIDES I MUST STRESS THAT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT AND HOW U USE IT. A VOLKWAGEN BUG AND A LIMO SERVE THE SAME GENERAL PURPOSE, ITS SPECIFIC NEEDS OD OWNER THAT DIFFER
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by identified(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2011
@poster go for the ipad 2. The advantages of ipad 2 to 1st gen ipad r too obvious. Since u aint spending a dime on the ipad u can get the 'mifi' card for between 20 to 30k(just try abeg. lol). or u get a cheap android fone that can serve the same purpose. Look on the bright side u can connect up to 5 devices to ur single data plan, ur laptop n all
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by akinlade11: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2011
I use wifi only iPad 2,but I'm using joikuspot on my nokia e63 to browse it stands as my wireless hotspot.men!im enjoying it.
Re: Choose Between Ipad 3g 64gb And Ipad2 Wifi 16 Gb by Ehisod(m): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2011
Thanks guys iPad 2 it will be then. This thread should also be helpful to any one wanting to join the ipad train.

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Android Emulators To Run Android Apps On PC / MTN Now Compensating Customers With Free 100MB / How Can I Download Google Gcam On Infinix Note 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.