Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Beyoncé Makes History As First Black Woman To Top US Country Chart - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyoncé Makes History As First Black Woman To Top US Country Chart (151 Views)

Justine Skye: Being A Black Woman Is Very Hard / Tiwa Savage Makes History As First African Female Artiste To Sell Out Indigo / Beyoncé Makes History With Coachella Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyoncé Makes History As First Black Woman To Top US Country Chart by edudaniel(m): 8:57am On Feb 21
By Daniel Edu

Beyoncé has achieved a historic milestone by becoming the first black woman to reach the number one spot on the US country chart with her single "Texas Hold 'Em." The song skyrocketed to the top after its surprise release, along with the single "16 Carriages," during a Super Bowl announcement of her upcoming album, Renaissance Act II.

This achievement also makes Beyoncé the second solo female artist to debut at number one, following Taylor Swift in 2021 with her re-recordings of "Love Story" and "All Too Well." Additionally, Beyoncé is the first woman to claim the number one position on both the Hot Country Songs and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts since their inception in 1958.

Joining a select group of artists including Ray Charles, Billy Ray Cyrus, Justin Bieber, and Morgan Wallen, Beyoncé's feat emphasizes her versatility and impact across different music genres. The chart positions, covering the week leading up to February 15, saw "Texas Hold 'Em" downloaded 39,000 times and streamed 19.2 million times in the US within just four days of tracking.

Read more:https://daybreak.ng/beyonce-makes-history-as-first-black-woman-to-top-us-country-chart/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

White Wedding:marie Wisebon Stuns As A Beautiful Bride As She Walks Down D Aisle / Famous Nigerian Celebrities In Hollywood / I Was 17 When I Released My First Big Song, And I'm Now 31 - Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.