Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,334 members, 7,829,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Which Broiler Specie Is The Best? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Broiler Specie Is The Best? (225 Views)

What Determines Which Broiler To Go For Between Amo And Agrited? / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Broiler Specie Is The Best? by Mikkyfirst22(m): 6:40pm On Feb 21
I won't complicate this post but go direct to the point.

Please, if you are planning to stock birds (BROILERS), stock Abhor Acre Plus (precisely CHI). CURRENRLY, FIDAN is doing very well too.

Of course, I know every farmer has a particular type of birds that they best manage. In fact, I have heard people say they have never had success raising CHI or agrited. Just same way I used to fear FIDAN chicks judging by a one-time experience I had with them when I just started poultry.

I went to market yesterday to do some market survey.. I visited about 4 broiler sellers at the market to have a view of their market and pricing considering the consistent hikes in prices of DOC and Feed. My experience proved me right about CHI birds again.

For example, I visited the first shade and the brought out a giant bird and said the price was 15k.

Her reason was the bird is very big ooo and it's 5 months old. Since I know I wasn't going to buy but just taking a survey, I priced it considerably low. Of course, I was just waiting for an opportunity to move to the next point knowing well she won't sell. But before I left, something amazing happened.

See brought out another bird and she told me before bringing it out that it was 12,000 last ooo although it's just 10 weeks. She said "oga you will like it when you see it". Then I requested to see it.

Immediately I saw the bird I smiled.

Me: this bird is from CHI right?

She: I don't know ooo she replied. I bought them for resell.

Then I assured her again that it is chi. The bird was not tall, the cob was small but, BUT, the weight was excellent. Then she called the farmer she bought them from to confirm and my guess was right.

The most amazing thing was, we weighed the two birds right on the spot. Guess what?

The 10 weeks old CHI that look smaller weighed 5.2kg while the giant bird said to be Marshall weighed approximately 4.6kg

The onlybdifferenr was the height. The Marshal male was indeed a giant.
Did you spot the difference?
The one that looked smaller has the best meat yield, the assumed bigger had less.

Now if you are a consumer and you wish to buy one of these birds, which would you buy? The 4.6kg live weight for 15,000? Or the 5.2kg for 12,000? Now imagine a frozen food seller wants to buy this bird hoping to sell at the current market price for frozen foods 3,200 per kilo. Is it a good market?

On the other hand, the other chick weighed 5.2kg live. From the meat yield I get from CHI so far, a 5.2kg chicken will give nothing less than 4.4kg dressed. Selling at the current price 3,200 per killo frozen foods, this seller would make more money at 10 weeks compared to the other at 5 months.

The same experience from the second and third seller's shops I visited. Only the last seller wowed my view from zartech. The height and weight were so amazing.

In the end, the aim was achieved. The prices of mature broilers in the market has appreciated. The least price I could see was 10,000. While this may sound good to Farmers, do you think buyers are smiling at it?

Now ask yourself, what if they decide not to buy chickens again? Will you leave poultry?

My advice:

Do anything you can to raise your Broilers to your target weight within the shortest possible time. You can't spend up 7,000 to raise a 10 old chicken now to give you that CHI weight (5.2kg) above which is very possible with organic medications. Sélling such bird at 12,000 is almost 50 percent profit already. I hope you understand??

In fact, 12 weeks is too much to keep a broiler. That's not the purpose of broiler meat production. You should keep your Broilers from 6-9 weeks maximum with excellent result.

I understand that anytime I post pics of my birds at 6 weeks with average 3.1kg live weight, a lot of controversies ensue. Some would say it's a lie. Others would say from their 30 years of experience in poultry business they have never experience that so it's not possible.

Well, it is.

understanding that there are different species of Broilers out there and each species has its own characteristics is the key.

With organic medication, good management practice and good feed, Abhor Acre Plus will always wow your imagination.

Note: this is not a paid review to promote Abhor Acre Plus species. It's my honest review to help you make better decisions this year as you set out to have a better experience in poultry.

Note: still delivery organic medications to all states within Nigeria

Available:
Organic antibiotics plus boosters and vitamins

Organic Anti Cocci

Organic Anti CRD

Organic Feed Additives for appetite boosting, high feed conversion, gut health maintenance, growth and weight boosting, immune boosting

Author: @Mikkyfirst (Mr. Organic)
Call: 08108341405
WhatsApp: 08168131581

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

TME Cassava Stem Available / Agric A Plot Of Land At Owode 30min Drive To Winners Canaanland / Soya Bean Meal Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.