Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? (25522 Views)

How Much For A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice Now In Your Area? Oseni Rufai Asks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by sylve11: 4:45pm On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

As a married woman, stop collecting money from your horseband for foodstuffs, they should keep buying things from the market themselves.

After all, they're the ones working for all these dirty useless politicians and tinubu.

This is not a comment of a feminist; it's actually a comment of a mumunist. embarassed cool
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by sylve11: 4:46pm On Feb 22
realtestament:
One cup is 200, I never reach to price full bag.....

I no dey do rituals

Where's your location?

It's damn cheap at your end.

#350 here. cool
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by sylve11: 4:48pm On Feb 22
DenreleDave:
I no dey even enter market so I don't know

I don't even now a cup of rice sef

I also stopped buying rice to eat since the time the seller sold small quantity of 400 naira rice for me..... I told. Her I won't buy rice to eat again and that time, bag na even 55k or so.. E go don worse now..

Over 6 or 8 months I bought rice to cook... Wen it was still at 550

The thing reach your side too? 😆 grin 🤣 😂 cool
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by sylve11: 4:50pm On Feb 22
casualobserver:

You are not even talking local rice you are talking about imported rice. When rice gets to N200,000 you will know that we have other foods in Nigeria. The policy is working, Nigerians have no business eating imported food unless you are well off….change your eating habits if you are poor. No country feeds it’s poor on imported foods.

I have no sympathy for anyone complaining about the price of imported food or food manufactured with imported raw materials…that is the problem these reforms are designed to solve. Economics is very simple, it’s demand and supply. When the demand falls because the price is too high people will either resort to local rice or alternative local foods like yam…..which is good for our local farmers and our economy.

But even the locally produced foods aren't cheap. cool
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Sumerians: 4:51pm On Feb 22
marlow1962:
Golden Sella from mm2 or stop 2 shop then was less than 10k, last I bought from stop 2 shop is about 28,700.
Went to get petrol today and they sold 700 per liter, seriously we are getting there.

There was mad queue yesterday when i decided to go get the fuel.

I didn't even bother myself today at all.

The fuel will eventually sell for N1000 soon.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Sumerians: 4:56pm On Feb 22
Seunpapa65:
85k big bull

One of my favorite Rice.

Royal Stallion and Cap Rice on my top list.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Ogiame: 4:57pm On Feb 22
Holluwhakemmy:
Where is your farm located? Are you a farmer?
Back from ban? grin

You have learnt not to be a bigot I guess
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by casualobserver: 5:01pm On Feb 22
sylve11:

But even the locally produced foods aren't cheap. cool
yes but at least we are providing jobs for the economy. Imagine if in addition to what is going on local farming jobs are also being lost?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by do4luv14(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22
marlow1962:
Golden Sella from mm2 or stop 2 shop then was less than 10k, last I bought from stop 2 shop is about 28,700.
Went to get petrol today and they sold 700 per liter, seriously we are getting there.

Pls can you explain this Mm2, and shop2shop??
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by GeneralDae: 5:30pm On Feb 22
[quote author=babaijesha post=128591576][/quote]
This thing simple. When more people buy local rice at 50k, those selling rice at 85k would have no choice but to crash their prices.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:32pm On Feb 22
Ogiame:
Back from ban? grin

You have learnt not to be a bigot I guess
How much have you received concerning that?
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Akpatan: 5:34pm On Feb 22
[quote author=money121 post=128587604]How much is a bag of rice in your area today?

The last time i ate rice was last month
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by gbaskiboy: 5:39pm On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

As a married woman, stop collecting money from your horseband for foodstuffs, they should keep buying things from the market themselves.

After all, they're the ones working for all these dirty useless politicians and tinubu.
Husband
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Ogiame: 5:48pm On Feb 22
Holluwhakemmy:
How much have you received concerning that?
Better becareful... Else you will go back.

And stop being a bigot. grin
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:50pm On Feb 22
Ogiame:
Better becareful... Else you will go back.

And stop being a bigot. grin
report me as usual
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Zaheertyler(m): 5:50pm On Feb 22
dollarsplenty:
68k- Thailand
63k- Indian
57k-Lake
60-Lolo
60-Big Bull
58-Rayhan
54-Grade A local rice at 1800 per mudu
48- '' B
Source;Kebbi Market today
This real How far this rice business
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Ogiame: 5:51pm On Feb 22
Holluwhakemmy:
report me as usual
Sure I will if you don't stop being a tribal bigot. grin
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Hannaleeyah(f): 5:51pm On Feb 22
money121:
How much is a bag of rice in your area today?

I can't forget the day you blessed me with some life-saving amount. God bless you Sir🙏🥺
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:52pm On Feb 22
Ogiame:
Sure I will if you don't stop being a tribal bigot. grin
I have just started
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Ogiame: 5:55pm On Feb 22
Holluwhakemmy:
I have just started
Oya na, enter ring
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by YourFada2: 6:19pm On Feb 22
Tboymessiah:
NasoLifeBe!!!
Grow what u eat! The Northerner that plant the rice and beans you ate this morning are human like u.

South west Youth, should stop pressing phone and embrace Agriculture.

Shut your mouth!!! Do you think only agriculture would save the current price of dollar or decrease the amount of PMs or even gas… Nigeria economy is in a Mess!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by ManirBK: 6:24pm On Feb 22
dollarsplenty:
68k- Thailand 63k- Indian 57k-Lake 60-Lolo 60-Big Bull 58-Rayhan 54-Grade A local rice at 1800 per mudu 48- '' B Source;Kebbi Market today
local rice in Birninkebbi na 1500 not 1800 bro
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by boxypane(m): 6:24pm On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

Aunty, na your marital issue you carry come public like this?
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by YourFada2: 6:31pm On Feb 22
casualobserver:

I have no sympathy for anyone complaining about the price of imported food or food manufactured with imported raw materials…that is the problem these reforms are designed to solve. Economics is very simple, it’s demand and supply. When the demand falls because the price is too high people will either resort to local rice or alternative local foods like yam…..which is good for our local farmers and our economy.

I quite agree with you to a certain point but how do our local farmers make use of the farmland when bandits and kidnappers have become the order of the day. This imported rice is what we’ve been living on for the past 20 years.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by casualobserver: 6:40pm On Feb 22
YourFada2:

I quite agree with you to a certain point but how do our local farmers make use of the farmland when bandits and kidnappers have become the order of the day. This imported rice is what we’ve been living on for the past 20 years.

now we are talking, yours is one of the few sensible responses to my comments and you are 100% right. That’s the challenge Tinubu needs to address, security, not fuel subsidy or forex.

I posted a few days ago, that I come from a very comfortable family but when we were young, imported rice was something we ate on sundays (if we were lucky) birthdays, christmas etc. there was local rice but it had stones in it so we never ate local rice. In boarding school, the rice we ate was local rice and again, it was a maximum of once a week.......but somehow in the last 40 years or so, everybody feels entitled to eat imported rice every day…these habits need to stop! It was Shagari and Umaru Dikko that started all this nonsense of imported rice....ironically while at the same time running a green revolution propaganda.

Tinubu should be judged not on the removal of subsidy or the floating of the Naira but on his ability to secure the country so farmers can go to farm and take advantage of the opportunity. Like they say never let a crisis go to waste, he would have done that if he fails to capaitalise on the high price of foreign 8mports to kickstart the domestic value added food industry and the 1st step is to increase our farm output.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Tboymessiah(m): 6:51pm On Feb 22
YourFada2:

Shut your mouth!!! Do you think only agriculture would save the current price of dollar or decrease the amount of PMs or even gas… Nigeria economy is in a Mess!

Go tell Ur fada! To shut up his mouth, cus na me and Ur fada be mate.

For Ur Mumu reply, what's Ur problem with dollar na dollar Ur mama tey dey buy cigar for Ur fada abi
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Tboymessiah(m): 6:51pm On Feb 22
Holluwhakemmy:
Where is your farm located? Are you a farmer?

Am a farmer, and bee keeper.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by iFESTAC680(m): 6:59pm On Feb 22
So I was on a call with my clients on some family stuff, she runs a restaurant at Alaba.
She was so heart broken yesterday, she had just bought half bag of rice for 45k. I'm not sure she opened today!
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Panda7(m): 7:27pm On Feb 22
Cindypresh:

Clap for yourself war monger
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Draggun(m): 7:40pm On Feb 22
#1800 per mudu here in Abuja.
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by Olushylay1(f): 8:07pm On Feb 22
82k,this evening in ibadan
Re: How Much Is A Bag Of Rice in your area today? by marlow1962(m): 8:09pm On Feb 22
do4luv14:

Pls can you explain this Mm2, and shop2shop??
Shopping malls like ShopRite, they sell both local and foreign goods. Stop2shop is bigger than mm2.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira To Sell At N415/$ As CBN Sustains Intervention / Kunu - Tell Me Everything You Know About It / We Need You In These Major Cities!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.