Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,236 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount (15880 Views)

Gov. Sanwo-olu Slashes BRT Fares By 50%, Reduces Danfo Fares By 25% / Governor Sanwo-Olu Cooks With Whitemoney At Lagos Food Festival (Photos) / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Essence20(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22
Lol
Which food grin
By the time Baba baluu finish dealing with Nigerians, next election, no body will preach to anybody again. They'll learn to differentiate human being from vegetable cheesy

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by RecessionistPMB: 6:50pm On Feb 22
christistruth01:
The Wailers will soon arrive for another round of bed belle wailing

Lagos should also look into feeding all School Children and Hospital Patients

You see what poverty has done to you. Human basic needs that ordinarily you should afford without sweating, is what you're here praising the same government that impoverished you.

Your "ebi pawa" just got started...Yeye people..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Arabk25: 6:50pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
I doubt this can happen in south east, they'll rather punish themselves to discredit Tinubu.
Free rent
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by onuman: 6:50pm On Feb 22
Thanks for your firebrigade approach, gov Sanwo-Olu.
Venezuela did similar thing at the beginning of its current woes.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by sekundosekundo: 6:52pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
I doubt this can happen in south east, they'll rather punish themselves to discredit Tinubu.

Will this solve your problem or create more problems for you?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Omenlon: 6:52pm On Feb 22
atiku4President:
All the knee-jerk approach by APC led government will only serve to temporarily deceive the people. The real problems must be solved which include creating jobs and enabling environment for small businesses to thrive. When are we going to have leaders that think ahead?
you can't create jobs overnight, people need to live to work. Talk is cheap, everybody is an expert on social media.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Ijaya123: 6:53pm On Feb 22
Only Yorubas should be eligible to benefit from these measures.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Yong4ever: 6:54pm On Feb 22
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Sanwo-Olu made this known during a live media chat on Arise Tv.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/22/hardship-sanwo-olu-slashes-transport-fare-in-lagos-residents-to-buy-food-items-at-discount/
Senseless measures, 'workers in teaching sector will maintain 5 days a week' , what about workers in health sector, are hospitals not being run on 24hrs basis? more so that they're now being short staffed due to 'japa syndrome', insincere government!!!
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Benzemma(m): 6:54pm On Feb 22
You will only need able to buy items worth up to N25,000,” he added.

So anybody that couldn't buy up to N25,000, will not get discount? Una no serious at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Omenlon: 6:55pm On Feb 22
sekundosekundo:
grin

These guys are empty.
If you trade your dog for a monkey you still have a squatting animal in your house.
you that is full are you too young to rule?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Omenlon: 6:59pm On Feb 22
Yong4ever:
Senseless measures, 'workers in teaching sector will maintain 5 days a week' , what about workers in health sector, are hospitals not being run on 24hrs basis? more so that they're now being short staffed due to 'japa syndrome', insincere government!!!
lazy youth, always ask questions or read to understand issues before jumping into the waters of foolishness. He made the point of the health workers explicitly clear, stop displaying your ignorance here.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by RecessionistPMB: 7:00pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:

You ethnic skunky scoundrel, focus on the morsels you recieve in exchange to your future wellbeing. Leave SE out of your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by PDPdestroyer(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22
No Igbo should enter those buses, we must show them we're not the richest people on earth by mouth. Only afonjas and their almajiri cousins should be found anywhere near those buses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by chidiokay: 7:02pm On Feb 22
atiku4President:
All the knee-jerk approach by APC led government will only serve to temporarily deceive the people. The real problems must be solved which include creating jobs and enabling environment for small businesses to thrive. When are we going to have leaders that think ahead?

Did the govt tell you they've resigned from profounding solutions to the real problems

While FG is busy looking for solution, the state govt should be pro creative on measures to cushion the hardship effect on the people cos they are more closer to the people, beside governors are recieving increased allocation

Good one from lagos state govt if well implemented, the more governors are up & doing the better for the people

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by sekundosekundo: 7:03pm On Feb 22
Omenlon:
you that is full are you too young to rule?

Sorry to disappoint you.

I don't rule...I lead.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by christistruth01: 7:03pm On Feb 22
RecessionistPMB:

You see what poverty has done to you. Human basic needs that ordinarily you should afford without sweating, is what you're here praising the same government that impoverished you.

Your "ebi pawa" just got started...Yeye people..

The fact you are hungry and without food doesn’t mean everyone else is

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Franklyspeakin: 7:03pm On Feb 22
They are trying to avert the protest. Smart

1 Like

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by HateBigots: 7:04pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
Zombie!!! South-East are not the ones protesting and getting flogged for a loaf of bread.

Stop dragging them into your self induced depression.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Sumerians: 7:05pm On Feb 22
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Icrave4u: 7:05pm On Feb 22
Remember all the governors were given 30 billon naira each for their state. So if he does that he is doing it through the funds that were disbursed to them

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Omalicious1: 7:06pm On Feb 22
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Sanwo-Olu made this known during a live media chat on Arise Tv.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/02/22/hardship-sanwo-olu-slashes-transport-fare-in-lagos-residents-to-buy-food-items-at-discount/

Sounds like palliative to me, and the last time I checked, palliative doesn't solves the main issue
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Sumerians: 7:06pm On Feb 22
Balistic4:
Anytime they hit the masses hard, they will tell this stooge to reduce transport fare, once the hardship sits properly with the masses, he will remove it, then harder shege will be introduced, rinse and repeat
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Laugh won tear my belle ooo

That's itgrin

You get the drill.

They are dealing with World Best Fooolsgrin

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Think9ja(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22
atiku4President:

These are long term solutions.
We need a short term solution too! People are hungry.

Good to know you voted the best candidate in the last election

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Aldol: 7:08pm On Feb 22
All this ibo noisemakers will benefit now

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by chidiokay: 7:08pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
God bless Governor Sanwo-olu for listening to some of our advice on Nairaland.
Some days ago I made a passionate plea to the governor to re-introduce the subsidy on the BRT buses,and today he announced a return of the subsidy on the fare.
I have always said forums like Nairaland should be the go to website for Government officials to assuage the temperature of the masses.
We must always keeping giving Government our own ideas and opinions on how to navigate this very very difficult times in Nigeria.
I applaud every Nigerian who still believes it will get better in This country,I must reiterate I take no offense at those who have made up their mind that things will never get better.
It's of no use trying to convince people like that to make any useful suggestions at this very trying period,better to leave them to gloat at their whatever victory they believe they have as the country goes through this hardship.
As for the food market,I hope the governor is able to implement the idea of people not purchasing more than 25000 naira worth of food at the market,there are many many devilish people who will seek to buy up all the produce and resell at their stores.
I will implore the governor make sure the food is branded in a way that the logo of the state is displayed prominently on the package and anyone caught selling it outside the market should be arrested.
I'm sure this hard phase of our National life will come to an end very soon.
Still selling Land in Ibeju-lekki close to Dangote Refinery,check my signature for more details.
God bless Nigeria...........

These will be one major challenge, trust our people, someone will want to buy everythin up to go n resell at high price claiming its business sense

One person might even share money to 20 people to visit the market, Nigerians are somethingelse

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by RecessionistPMB: 7:09pm On Feb 22
Ijaya123:
Only Yorubas should be eligible to benefit from these measures.

May the chains of self-inflicted poverty break loose from you and your "ronu gang".
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Aldol: 7:10pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
They wont even mind killing themselves ...what a people

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by ceejay80s(m): 7:16pm On Feb 22
Jokers.....
Na u open shop for them?
U wey dey destroy their shops
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by ceejay80s(m): 7:17pm On Feb 22
Faiththatworks:
God bless Governor Sanwo-olu for listening to some of our advice on Nairaland.
Some days ago I made a passionate plea to the governor to re-introduce the subsidy on the BRT buses,and today he announced a return of the subsidy on the fare.
I have always said forums like Nairaland should be the go to website for Government officials to assuage the temperature of the masses.
We must always keeping giving Government our own ideas and opinions on how to navigate this very very difficult times in Nigeria.
I applaud every Nigerian who still believes it will get better in This country,I must reiterate I take no offense at those who have made up their mind that things will never get better.
It's of no use trying to convince people like that to make any useful suggestions at this very trying period,better to leave them to gloat at their whatever victory they believe they have as the country goes through this hardship.
As for the food market,I hope the governor is able to implement the idea of people not purchasing more than 25000 naira worth of food at the market,there are many many devilish people who will seek to buy up all the produce and resell at their stores.
I will implore the governor make sure the food is branded in a way that the logo of the state is displayed prominently on the package and anyone caught selling it outside the market should be arrested.
I'm sure this hard phase of our National life will come to an end very soon.
Still selling Land in Ibeju-lekki close to Dangote Refinery,check my signature for more details.
God bless Nigeria...........
Isi ewu
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Intergrated: 7:20pm On Feb 22
Chrisrare:
chop the southwest na your father get Nigeria.
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by RecessionistPMB: 7:21pm On Feb 22
christistruth01:

The fact you are hungry and without food doesn’t mean everyone else is

Read your earlier post and this your response. If you have any functioning grey matter, you will know there is no correlation. So get lost, you idiotic creature!
Re: Hardship: Sanwo-olu Slashes Transport Fare In Lagos, Food To Be Sold At Discount by Deziwealth: 7:21pm On Feb 22
Cruzmaster:

We are not begger like ur people. We hustle by ourself. Even when they gave us 50 ponds regardless of millions we have in our account. We Igbos still survive. U think say is this one we won't survive?? We don't need any fucking government to survive.
Ok

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Didnt Meet Amaechi At The Dinner For Security Reason / Third Term Agenda: How We Stopped Lawmakers From Collecting ₦50m Bribe – Osoba / Reps Move To Criminalise Secret Recruitment By Government Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.