Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain (26584 Views)

₦1,136 To ₦1,148: Naira Records First Depreciation Against Dollar In Months / Dollar Supply Rises To $11 Billion, Naira Closes 1,572/$ / Dangote’s Wealth Surges By $1.3 Billion In Three Weeks, Nears Senegal’s GDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by optimusprime2(m): 7:01pm On Feb 22
But the currency value is still being floated in midst of import/Export drama with especially petroleum products...

Una go hear am, what happened this week is just the breath of the animal that is arriving soon.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Hezzyluv: 7:02pm On Feb 22
do4luv14:

Which 1k, make them return am to where they meet am from GEJ Govt,

It's not gonna be easy, that's why I wish it gets back to 1k den it goes less then that as time goes on

3 Likes

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by sukar886: 7:04pm On Feb 22
Rubbish
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by jaxxy(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22
propaganda won't fix exchange rate.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by kay29000(m): 7:15pm On Feb 22
Hezzyluv:
Make the thin drop reach 1k per dollar ibeg

That's where it will eventually settle at.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by kay29000(m): 7:19pm On Feb 22
sonnie10:
Official rate decreased while black market increased.

The actual problem has been the gap between these two. As long as the difference continues to widen, people will find creative means of taking advantage of arbitrage.
The result would be artificial scarcity.

True
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by DeepSight(m): 7:20pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:
May Tinubu succeed

Those bureau de change mallams should be locked up

May anything he succeeds at be applicable to your life.

If he succeeds at bring prosperity to Nigerians, may you prosper.
If he succeeds at bringing hardship, hunger, tears and sorrow to Nigerians, may you experience all these.

Amen.

Lo ru ko Jesu.
Lo ru ko Shango.
Lo ru ko Ifa.
Lo ru ko Vishnu.

Amin.
Holy Michael, Holy Gabriel x 7.
Bisimillahi Rahman Raheem

In nomine patris et filis et spiritus sancti.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Paraman: 7:21pm On Feb 22
Biodun556:
May Tinubu succeed

Those bureau de change mallams should be locked up
Mallams are just doing business, they are not to blame

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by alezzy13: 7:22pm On Feb 22
Hmm. Is it just me or are people genuinely unhappy with this news??

Yes it's marginal, but a step in right direction.

Nigeria will rise again 🙏
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by InvertedHammer: 7:25pm On Feb 22
/
Who would have believed that $1==N1500 will call for celebration?

For as long as you live, naira can never go back to pre-Tinubu level. That's the reality we must live with.

/

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by kay29000(m): 7:25pm On Feb 22
Konquest:

That's incorrect in my opinion.

The problem of Nigeria is the multiethnic nature and multi religious nature of that country that's difficult to put together on a sustainable basis.

There's NO doubt from the vast evidence of history that mono ethnic OR near-mono ethnic countries in charge of their own human and natural resources perform better on the innovative scale than large multiethnic countries that were welded together by the Colonialists in Asia and Africa.

Damn! I've been telling my friend this for a while now, and they keep speaking big big English to explain why I am wrong. This is the bitter truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Itiskdg121(m): 7:26pm On Feb 22
Good news
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by iyke2frankeze: 7:33pm On Feb 22
Jnas:
Finally a good news
At what rate did the leaking anus meet the dollar?
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Elsueno: 7:33pm On Feb 22

I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND why government is still playing this ARCHIAC GAME.

All people dealing with dollar stuff go just buy off d cheap dollar & wait!

Until government does something concrete that would guarantee supply of dollars into d market & people feel it, nothing much would change

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by t2luv1: 7:34pm On Feb 22
Queengee:
Nigeria is too populated for A black man to manage. a black president cannot rule more than 50million population effectively so dive Nigeria into 4 or 5 nation so they can thrive

Really !!!! Same country where Ijebu and Abeokuta can't get along or Oshogbo can't get along with Ijesha, mind you both from the same state. You get where I am going with this right, Yorubas might appear to be the problem in that country. Keep telling yaa from where I am looking the Yorubas Muslims have more in common with their counterparts from the North than with their Christian Yorubas. Before you people start hurling insults thinking I am some sort of Igbo person well I am not. I am an Ijebu man. I am just telling it like it is. I ain't got a dog in this fight when it comes to Nigeria.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by ellizy(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

how is he not a lover of national growth?

how is Tinubu a lover of national growth?
What has brought Tinubu into what we're discussing if not you been an antagonist...
We're all feeling the heat but been antagonist isn't a solution.
The headline of the news is a positive news but in the stead to keep hope alive you brought your nepotism into the conversation...

2 Likes

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by lexy2014: 7:38pm On Feb 22
ellizy:

What has brought Tinubu into what we're discussing if not you been an antagonist...
We're all feeling the heat but been antagonist isn't a solution.
The headline of the news is a positive news but in the stead to keep hope alive you brought your nepotism into the conversation...

that is not what I asked you.

1. how is he not a lover of national growth?

2. how is Tinubu a lover of national growth?

3. pls what has "nepotism" got to with what you just said?

4. are you sure you know the meaning of the word?
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Konquest: 7:42pm On Feb 22
kay29000:

Damn! I've been telling my friend this for a while now, and they keep speaking big big English to explain why I am wrong. This is the bitter truth.
@kay29000,

Indeed my brother, if the Yoruba folks who are over 50 million in population or the Hausas who are about 73 million in Nigeria and Niger Republic are in charge of their countries' governance structure, they would perform MORE efficiently at their own pace using innovative thinking to leapfrog economically and technologically because of minimal encumbrance from major ethnic rivalries.

Most ethnic groups have highly skilled, world-class brilliant minds, but in the midst of the enervating rivalries in multiethnic countries of over 100 to 250 ethnic groups, the CRAB mentality kicks in where distractions take place on national developmental issues due to ethnic rivalries and the potential challenges of military coups that have in the past encouraged massive corruption and stunted economic development.

The immediate remedy for Nigeria or the Democratic Republic of Congo for instance would be to devolve powers or decentralize in order to be more efficient with the use of innovative technologies because overcentralised governments are too inefficient to run.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by ellizy(m): 7:44pm On Feb 22
lexy2014:

Go back to what he commented on the headline news to know if he is or not.
There's no other meaning to nepotism than what you're exhibiting. Taking my time with you seems to be waste of time.
You candidate hasn't contributed to the growth of the nation or his state when he had the mantle.

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by lexy2014: 7:55pm On Feb 22
ellizy:

Go back to what he commented on the headline news to know if he is or not.
There's no other meaning to nepotism than what you're exhibiting. Taking my time with you seems to be waste of time.
You candidate hasn't contributed to the growth of the nation or his state when he had the mantle.

5. who is my candidate?

6. can you remind of the discussion we had where I informed you that I have a candidate?

7. am I WAEC or JAMB that has candidates?
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by dadavivo: 7:56pm On Feb 22
Appletek:

Blind Bartimaeus, that's Dailypost.

What's the difference
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by stormborn28(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22
Tap0lane:
Why are Igbos that always create thread of tumbling Naira not posting this update or they are born to only post update when Naira tumbles.

NA STATISTICS WE GO CHOP?

Then LegendHero, mannababaqgrillz, seunmsg, flokii, Emperorceasar, benuejosh, accordadoga26, TimeManager, KingKO22 screamed in climaxed frenzy and raised their hands even during the national anthem to hail their messiah tinubu as he licked the microphone cheesy

On his mandate shall they stand and scream RoNu RoNu RoNu till they fall flat on their faces cool
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Konquest: 8:03pm On Feb 22
t2luv1:

Really !!!! Same country where Ijebu and Abeokuta can't get along or Oshogbo can't get along with Ijesha, mind you both from the same state. You get where I a nom going with this right, Yorubas might appear to be the problem in that country. Keep telling yaa from where I am looking the Yorubas Muslims have more in common with their counterparts from the North than with their Christian Yorubas. Before you people start hurling insults thinking I am some sort of Igbo person well I am not. I am an Ijebu man. I am just telling it like it is. I ain't got a dog in this fight when it comes to Nigeria.
@ t2luv1,

Your analogy of Ijebu and Abeokuta rivalry is highly exaggerated tbh. Osogbo for your information is of Ijesa-Yoruba subethnicity... So, there's no Osogbo and Ijesa rivalry.

Indeed, with the presence of modern forms of technologies, communication becomes easier via Skype, WhatsApp, YouTube, mobile phones and satellite phones, etc, so, if you feel aggrieved about something, you can easily communicate with the other party and with proper NEGOTIATION SKILLS and emotional intelligence, the problems at hand can easily be resolved before they escalate.

Second, the Yoruba folks also have multiple family members of different faiths within the nuclear and extended families. I get your point though about potential challenges that might occur within sub ethnicities, but that situation can be managed even if the Yoruba folks, Hausas, Ibos, Edos, Akwa Ibom/Cross Rivers, Ijaw, Igala, Tiv, Jukun, etc, all have their own independent countries (or confederate countries) in the event that Nigeria as an overcentralised entity does not work out by creating an urgent decentralized system for more economic, social, and technological efficiency.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Artscollection: 8:28pm On Feb 22
Tap0lane:
Why are Igbos that always create thread of tumbling Naira not posting this update or they are born to only post update when Naira tumbles.

Mumu u don c dollar b4

1 Like

Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Verbtips(m): 8:28pm On Feb 22
When you assume office my #500 is one dollar nw dollar is 1400 so whats the value of my 500 better that i will jubilate still work hard-harder-hardest to regain my 500 back because i no go gree 4 eni body
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by tollyboy5(m): 8:31pm On Feb 22
Stevosty:
Make una dey play, insteading of investing in massive production in agriculture and in other sectors possibly by next year the naira will increase in value, dem dey borrow dey do abracadabra economics, in few months it will be 3k/$, continue.
Na by invest?
You fit fight bandit 4 bush?
Dem don take necessary steps, Deal with bandits and herders first.
Ban exportation of farm produce first, benue state wey be food basket of the nation na bandit basket now
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by PHAYOL81: 8:39pm On Feb 22
Hope it won't return back to the unfavourable decline the next day.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by wiseoneking: 8:48pm On Feb 22
Jnas:
Finally a good news
lol. You went and carry AIDS and later declare you are now with HIV and cancer, making you think you are making progress. I hear
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by rapheal5(m): 9:07pm On Feb 22
t2luv1:

Really !!!! Same country where Ijebu and Abeokuta can't get along or Oshogbo can't get along with Ijesha, mind you both from the same state. You get where I am going with this right, Yorubas might appear to be the problem in that country. Keep telling yaa from where I am looking the Yorubas Muslims have more in common with their counterparts from the North than with their Christian Yorubas. Before you people start hurling insults thinking I am some sort of Igbo person well I am not. I am an Ijebu man. I am just telling it like it is. I ain't got a dog in this fight when it comes to Nigeria.
You fuc..kg right with this, is just so unfortunate that the population of yoruba muslim is higher than Yoruba xtian... yoruba be like middle man holding igbo and northern ppl together but closer to northern people because of religion, and also igbo are not making things easy with their tribalism... Nigeria will never unite until we put tribalism and religion aside..
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by Mccullum: 9:56pm On Feb 22
This is good news though but to maintain it, government needs consistent effort on it .

Other proferring solutions; such as solving of insecurity challenges, extensive farming, targeting Nigeria to become a products producing country.

This will make Naija to become exporting country and that will command inflow of dollars in Nigeria which will make Naira stronger.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by bobochem: 10:02pm On Feb 22
I have always noticed this negativity about our nation from some of its citizens---they are praying that the country shld sink because of certain reasons best known to them.And this is very bad.In my own time Nigeria shld be great in Jesus name.Let us hope for the better by praying for our dear nation because we are all feeling the heat.
Re: US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain by nedekid: 10:04pm On Feb 22
OK ohh, let pray for a miracle. Let's hope it continues appreciating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Home To 9,100 Dollar-Millionaires, Worth $207 Billion / Dangote To Bid For Chelsea Football Club, If Stan Kroenke Fails To Sell Arsenal / CAC Denies Registering ‘Wickedness Association of Nigeria’ As A Business (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.