Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday (23753 Views)

What 188MW Geometric Power Plant Means For Aba Residents / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Faposky95: 12:26am On Feb 23
[quote author=Honeybadgerxx post=128597998]You will see multitude of easterners that will go welcome or cheer Tinubu up at that venue. Which now makes me wonder the percentage of those clamouring for Biafra nation.[uy is 8/quote]

Notion....cheap
No where I see the congrats to the people by the people project......
....no far away news ..." Geothermal plant progress jeopardized..."
....them back to square one.....?!
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by cactusJack(m): 12:27am On Feb 23
Nice
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by MasterTeeUSA: 12:28am On Feb 23
“We expected Jonathan to have moved into action swiftly, the very next day, and called all the parties concerned to resolve the pending issues. However, it’s not too late for the outgoing president to do the right thing before he leaves office”, said one energy analyst.

https://businessday.ng/exclusives/article/president-urged-to-fix-geometricaba-power-mess-before-leaving/

I am sure you will say...he did not know anything about it LOL. Buhari unbundled the mess and I think it was the owner that praised Buhari for returning their investment back to them. If you know, you know...the same Buhari...anti South Eastern people...Ndi Nigeria.

seguno2:

How did he try to stop it?
Links from credible sources
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by seguno2: 12:28am On Feb 23
BreconHills:

Can you see any tribalism in my statement.

How can a Genco with its own private gas supply lack funds? The gas alone is worth more than the initial $5m raised.

Rather, itwas competing claims over the award process. The same franchise was resold to Interstate
Electric and in 2013 the BPE listed the assets as belonging to Enugu Distribution Company. That logjam like the one over Zunguru persisted until this
administration.

In order to honour a worthy achievement by a great man one does not denigrate the efforts of others. As I said listen to the speech that will be read by Barth and learn what actually happened.

https://guardian.ng/opinion/what-is-stalling-the-aba-power-plant/

From your Guardian link is the extract below.

Soon after the creation of the Presidential Task Force on Power (PTFP) in 2011, then President Jonathan expressed strong commitment to a new dawn in the electricity sector when he said, “As President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, I and my Vice President, Arc. Namadi Sambo, are conscious that what we do with the Nigerian electricity supply industry will go a long way in determining whether Nigeria remains in darkness or joins the rest of the world in the race for development.

Our commitment is to bring an end to our nation’s stunted growth and usher in the fresh air of prosperity by pursuing a new era of sector-wide reform which is driven by improved service delivery to every class of customers in the Nigerian electricity sector.”

There is no doubt that Jonathan’s government took steps to realise this goal. It was the president’s commitment that led to the unbundling of the omnibus PHCN since November 1, 2013 when private companies took over across the country. This is what many of us have been advocating but which has not turned out to meet the expectations.

It was under that same reform programme that Geometric Power Limited (GPL) was licensed to help bridge the electricity gap.

The company reportedly invested a whopping $500 million (about N81 billion), to build the state-of-the-art power plant designed to supply uninterrupted power to Aba and environs.

This huge investment is now laying waste, while the responsible government agencies dilly-dally.

There have been reports that high-wire politicking between the National Council on Privatization (NCP) and the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) is stalling the power plant.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by MasterTeeUSA: 12:30am On Feb 23
The company has also paid the mandatory $26 million acquisition fee to the Federal Government.

Trouble started when the President Goodluck Jonathan administration privatised power assets and the Aba Ring Fence area was wrongly lumped into the EEDC and sold to Integrated Electricity as a single asset.

The development led to a series of legal bouts that eventually ended with the formal hand over on Wednesday in Abuja, at the headquarters of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE).

I love how they wrongly did that in Nigeria LOL

seguno2:

How did he try to stop it?
Links from credible sources
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Gajagojo: 12:33am On Feb 23
MasterTeeUSA:
The company has also paid the mandatory $26 million acquisition fee to the Federal Government.

Trouble started when the President Goodluck Jonathan administration privatised power assets and the Aba Ring Fence area was wrongly lumped into the EEDC and sold to Integrated Electricity as a single asset.

The development led to a series of legal bouts that eventually ended with the formal hand over on Wednesday in Abuja, at the headquarters of the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE).

I love how they wrongly did that in Nigeria LOL

President Good luck Jonathan government?
Who was the power minister when all this "trouble started"
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by MasterTeeUSA: 12:36am On Feb 23
Google is your friend...you cant ask everything on NairaLand Lol

Gajagojo:

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by MasterTeeUSA: 12:39am On Feb 23
Minister of Power
1. Jonathan Goodluck
2. Arc. Nuhu Somo Wya

Minister of Petroleum Resources
1. Mrs. Deziani Alison-Madueke

Gajagojo:

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Originalsly: 12:39am On Feb 23
Quest7777:

This is one of the keys for Industrialisation needed for Nigeria to bounce back as Giant of Africa. 👍

Do you really want the country to be industrialized? ... did you consider the environmental catastrophe itnwill bring with the toothless Environmental Protection Agency? Port Harcourt ... choked by oil bunkering sooth by locals ...if the Agency couldn't control that why do you think they can control damage that will be done by these industries? Be careful what you ask for.
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Gajagojo: 12:53am On Feb 23
MasterTeeUSA:
Minister of Power
1. Jonathan Goodluck
2. Arc. Nuhu Somo Wya

Minister of Petroleum Resources
1. Mrs. Deziani Alison-Madueke

What year specifically was This ? I do not recall Jonathan being Minister of Power
Do you have a source for this?
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Omoawoke: 12:56am On Feb 23
Tinubu govenrment will stand out to be the best we have had. The early challenges will overcome and Nigeria will be great again
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Massiveglory: 1:02am On Feb 23
Omoawoke:
Tinubu govenrment will stand out to be the best we have had. The early challenges will overcome and Nigeria will be great again

So u have quickly claimed geometric as tinubu build project grin grin
Ronu, una really need award.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by betshopagent(m): 1:06am On Feb 23
Gajagojo:

Yes bugAboo state government has equity Yes or no?
Dangote refinery is a private company too but Ibos complain about the help he gets from government
Obogwu! Na akogherii!
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Frezhkid10(m): 1:09am On Feb 23
betshopagent:
APC morons like you don't have shame! You all were jubilating that you messiah built something that an individual built. After correcting your lies, zombies like you have shifted to saying "Tinubu signed it". una shame dey catch me. If the federal government build am, their hand go commot?
The federal government can build it..but instead they decided to formulate policies to enable growth and that is how a normal government should be run..
If he has not signed that policy…even if they started building in Buhari’s era they will end up delivering all the power generated from that station to the national grid..
Who go come lose??🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️..the neighboring community in which that plant operates.
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Omoawoke: 1:11am On Feb 23
Massiveglory:

So u have quickly claimed geometric as tinubu build project grin grin
Ronu, una really need award.

I say what I say….

When the decision was made to float the naira, I was among the people that said it was a bad decision. You can try tracing my post even here on Nairaland. I criticized it from the very beginning. I’m not an extremist or blind follower. And my mouth has not changed that things will be gotten right eventually, he made a mistake, but things will work eventually. But for Peter Obi, never ever will Peter obi be the better choice for Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by betshopagent(m): 1:13am On Feb 23
Frezhkid10:

The federal government can build it..but instead they decided to formulate policies to enable growth and that is how a normal government should be run..
If he has not signed that policy…even if they started building in Buhari’s era they will end up delivering all the power generated from that station to the national grid..
Who go come lose??🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️..the neighboring community in which that plant operates.
So in your assertions, this is the first private power company in Nigeria? You thinks it's signature that gave birth to the 1st private power company in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:22am On Feb 23
Honeybadgerxx:
You will see multitude of easterners that will go welcome or cheer Tinubu up at that venue. Which now makes me wonder the percentage of those clamouring for Biafra nation.

During his campaign in Enugu and imo state didn't you see people who came out to cheer him, what is wrong this one. Wait is this what is more important to you?
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Funkyswagzz(m): 1:25am On Feb 23
Omoawoke:

I say what I say….

When the decision was made to float the naira, I was among the people that said it was a bad decision. You can try tracing my post even here on Nairaland. I criticized it from the very beginning. I’m not an extremist or blind follower. And my mouth has not changed that things will be gotten right eventually, he made a mistake, but things will work eventually. But for Peter Obi, never ever will Peter obi be the better choice for Nigeria

Oga we don't even want Peter obi again we love jagaban so what exactly is your problem?
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Chicagograduate(m): 1:33am On Feb 23
Dangote refinery that was commissioned has not started refining petroleum.This too will not be different.
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by tfelicityk(m): 1:46am On Feb 23
I am happy this is happening in Abia State, South east... I prayed they will protect it from the evildoers who will not want the project to last. Thereafter, other projects will follow. The depot in Osisoma ngwa will soon commence operations too. No more the word marginalisation...
The ariara market will be revived back to standard. The idea of using made in foreign countries labels will be abolished. I want to see made in Nigeria - I know the worth of whatever that is produced there will remain standard.
Abia State will be competing with Enugu, Anambra and Imo State soon in terms of manufacturing industry and technology.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by elizabeth269(f): 1:49am On Feb 23
Good development to say the fact
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by NovusHomo(m): 1:52am On Feb 23
chopnaira:
I hope PO was sent an invite LMAO

In what capacity?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:53am On Feb 23
I TRUST TINUBU'S GOVERNMENT
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by pendragonbladgo(m): 1:54am On Feb 23
NovusHomo:

In what capacity?
Parallel President....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by chopnaira: 2:04am On Feb 23
NovusHomo:

In what capacity?
Leader of Labour party. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Cotonou12: 2:07am On Feb 23
chopnaira:
I hope PO was sent an invite LMAO
you think otti didn’t consult PO before inviting tinibu? Why are you so stupid ? Bringing politics into this great achievement?

Don’t you know it’s a big PLUS TO LABOUR PARTY? I’m sure you are earning less than 200k with this exchange rate . Mugu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by viodemus: 2:14am On Feb 23
Igbos are not terrorist. Igbos are generally respectful, irregardless of the haters propaganda.

What will a useless person coming to town, do for a person who did not invite him or her. If they said he/she is coming to town to do a terrorist activities on igbos, then it can be fair play to the terrorist.

Instead of condemning terrorists like opc, amotekun, boko haram, arewa, and many others over there, people are wasting time on igbos looking for fairness.

Well, bad news to the haters, more and more igbos are getting more passionate on the progress of their tribe, only God knows what haters will call them, then; not like it matters. We are peaceful, but very alert. Shame to any visiting tribalist.
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by free2ryhme: 2:37am On Feb 23
Appletek:

Midnight for your village na morning for various countries. Travel and see, you no gree.

common sense suppose tell you say because morning dey for some countries as midnight dey for other countries no mean say make you rest nor sleep
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by MasterTeeUSA: 3:30am On Feb 23
Google is your friend...You keep typing shut up...but you don't want to think or research or explore. How will the person that is meant to shut up help you now? That is the problem with *******...they shoot themselves in the foot.

Gajagojo:

What year specifically was This ? I do not recall Jonathan being Minister of Power
Do you have a source for this?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by commoditiesnig: 3:44am On Feb 23
Congratulations to Geometric Power
Re: Tinubu To Inaugurate Geometric Power Plant In Abia On Monday by Amaggedon: 3:59am On Feb 23
Honeybadgerxx:
You will see multitude of easterners that will go welcome or cheer Tinubu up at that venue. Which now makes me wonder the percentage of those clamouring for Biafra nation.
Cant you see we have so many igbos now supporting tinubu now than before?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malami Orders Police To Unseal Peace Corps Headquarters / Buhari To Meet His Doctor In Paris On Saturday - Sahara Reporters / FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.