Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) (17578 Views)

12 Members Of The CBN’s Monetary Policy Committee (Full List) / IPOB Members Protest In Enugu Over "Killing Of Their Members" (Photo, Video) / Zainab Ahmed: CBN Monetary Policy Committee, Minister Of Finance Clash Over Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by nlfpmod: 12:45pm On Feb 23
Senate confirms the New Monetary Policy Committee Members.

Photo caption (L-R): Mr. Murtala Sabo Sagagi, Mr. Mustapha Akinwumi, Mrs. Aku Pauline Odinkemelu, Senator Abdullahi Gumel (SSA to the President on National Assembly Matters), Mr. Bamidele A.G. Amoo, Mr. Lamido Yuguda, Mr. Aloysius Uche Ordu.

Central Bank of Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by HeadNigga: 12:48pm On Feb 23
Always forming committees. So how many billions will this committee gulp?
Dollar go drop now?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Proftechie: 12:48pm On Feb 23
I just hope all these ones are competent enough

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by NkanuSon: 12:48pm On Feb 23
Mtcheew
Seems no progressive news about this administration, always celebrating mediocrity and playing for the gallery

Zero focus on governance

4 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Docodes(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23
Are we to celebrate efforts and appointments now or results cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by EreluRoz: 12:48pm On Feb 23
I wish them well . Anything to make our party bring smile to Nigerians is πŸ€—

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Bullfallo(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23
Lol. The way tinubu is appointing people anyhow. Instead of cutting down cost to save wasted scares resources

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by GABRIEL6036: 12:49pm On Feb 23
Hope they won't bulabalu πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by theamazonguru(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23
As expected.
Rubber stamp.
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23
Congratulations 🎊 to them
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 12:49pm On Feb 23
Okay
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by NairalandForumo: 12:49pm On Feb 23
I wonder how many billions Tinubu has released for this ones as committee members....

Can this people just get to work for the people and not themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Ekakamba: 12:50pm On Feb 23
Anything below very good policies followed by very good outcomes is not welcome.

The MPC shall have responsibility within the Bank for formulating monetary and credit policy.

Functions
The Monetary Policy Committee is the highest policy making committee of the Bank with the following mandate:

Review economic and financial conditions in the economy
Determine appropriate stance of policy in the short to medium term
Review regularly, the CBN monetary policy framework and adopt changes when necessary.
Communicate monetary/financial policy decisions effectively to the public and ensure the credibility of the model of transmission mechanism of monetary policy.

Meetings
The MPC meets bi-monthly, except otherwise, in the event of an emergency.

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by EreluRoz: 12:50pm On Feb 23
theamazonguru:
As expected.
Rubber stamp.
Be mindful of your tongue, most of our troubles are tongue troubles.
If you can't pray for the country, don't devour it with your tongue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by bestman09(m): 12:50pm On Feb 23
angry
Who knows how many billions of nairas that was used to inaugurate the committee!

Emilokan is actually scamming Nigerians with this dollar/naira issue. The crude oil they sell and whatever foreign exchange they bring into the country is exchanged at over N1500/$ by the federal government yet they will not allow guys to sell there USDT in peace no allow Abokis to sell there own dollars that they bought from the banks in peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by fearlessfang: 12:50pm On Feb 23
Still going to be a disaster.

Naira would continue to tank. By May we should be at N3000
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by fatboyslym007: 12:50pm On Feb 23
Front page
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by meum: 12:51pm On Feb 23
Hello Committee members, hit the ground running!

β€œStart with N500million 1stβ€πŸ˜

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by dibunotion(m): 12:52pm On Feb 23
No short cuts
No going back
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 12:52pm On Feb 23
These guys think it's still campaign season. Get your asses to work bro.
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by thaoriginator: 12:53pm On Feb 23
Cash Out πŸ’°πŸ€‘
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by theamazonguru(m): 12:55pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:

Don't ever quote me again.
Don't ever.

What exactly have I said here that is not the truth?
Saying as expected, have I lied?
Were you expecting the Senate not to rubber stamp them.

Hey, don't quote me again.
We don't think on the same level.

You that can confidently say Crypto is a scam.
You that call those trading crypto yahoo boys.

Our knowledge level is miles apart.
So don't ever quote me again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Nostring: 12:56pm On Feb 23
theamazonguru:
As expected.
Rubber stamp.
u assumed everyone must fail in whatever they do just like u...

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Ola9ja23: 12:56pm On Feb 23
NkanuSon:
Mtcheew
Seems no progressive news about this administration, always celebrating mediocrity and playing for the gallery

Zero focus on governance

The good news ever make you happy?

No be bad news dey give our people goosebumps again ?

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Naijaguy123: 12:57pm On Feb 23
We love you Asiwaju .

2 Likes

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Digmygold: 12:57pm On Feb 23
Proftechie:
I just hope all these ones are competent enough
For where? Let's wait and see.
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by dNortherner(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23
[quote author=EreluRoz post=128605851]I wish them well . Anything to make our party bring smile to Nigerians is
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by EreluRoz: 12:58pm On Feb 23
theamazonguru:

Don't ever quote me again.
Don't ever.

What exactly have I said here that is not the truth?
Saying as expected, have I lied?
Were you expecting the Senate not to rubber stamp them.

Hey, don't quote me again.
We don't think on the same level.

You that can confidently say Crypto is a scam.
You that call those trading crypto yahoo boys.

Our knowledge level is miles apart.
So don't ever quote me again.
I just did again undecided

You can open your mouth to condemn and wish the country bad but can't take simple correction. I will quote you over and over again whenever it's necessary.
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23
Let wait and see the outcome, in case anyone need my service.

Please check out my thread

1 Like

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by Amfem: 1:00pm On Feb 23
Why not invite those who were already tested, trusted and confirmed Economists like Soludo, Pat Utomi, Sanusi Lamido, Moghalu... Etc.?
God bless the days of Obasanjo, GEJ and Yaruadua.
Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by rexlims(m): 1:00pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
forget prayers. when politicians want deceive us, dem go say d country needs prayers.
God wont do for us what we humans can do. keep that in mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Confirms The New CBN's Monetary Policy Committee Members (Photo) by WealthyNigerian: 1:01pm On Feb 23
Ok.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdulmumin Jibrin Allocates N4.1b Projects To His Constituency / PDP Blasts Buhari: You're Like Hitler, Tyrants Cover Up With Fighting Corruption / Akeredolu Honours Abiola, Renames Akure Democracy Park To MKO Abiola Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.