Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos (15919 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by MikeMicheal(m): 2:54pm On Feb 23
ok
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23
MrProlific95:

Customs have no business with this distribution

Who is the appropriate person(s) for this distribution? undecided
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by mexxy1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23
A very useless agency in a useless country.

Rather than seize these imported food items in the first place, would it not have been better if higher tariffs were placed on them when they were brought in so that they sell side by side with the locally produced food items but, the local farmers having the advantage of not paying tariffs which will make their prices attractive to the public thereby, making the imported ones cost higher and drive consumers to locally produced food?

Rather, you seize the food items, lock them up in warehouses infested by rats and other pests without any preservation measures then deploy them now to the public to consume foods infested with mould and rat feaces and urine.

Are they now trying to solve the hunger problem or create an epidemic?

If these goods were allowed into the country even with higher tariffs, the importers would pay and still be in business and the government would have earned some revenue.

Now, the importers have lost their funds, government didn't get any revenue and you want to create a health epidemic by distributing unhealthy foods to the public.

What is wrong with this country.

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 2:55pm On Feb 23
Zonefree:
Is this the solution
Yes o! It is cool
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Didijiji: 2:55pm On Feb 23
Austerity measures

Right before our eyes

Because a clueless party, supporters and presidents grabbed and destroyed our dear country

SMH😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 2:59pm On Feb 23
Ill never accept siezed items.

I dont want.

U want to carry curse on top person sweat?

It's like we don't like ourselves. They will give I food and take away electricity, good education etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Cigarini: 2:59pm On Feb 23
Fix the economy. Distributing palliatives is not the solution.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Ladoja19: 2:59pm On Feb 23
Yet ,you won't get from the foods ndooorrr
Hunger ooo
Waya dis Agbado well
Chrisrare:
Good one. Obedient miscreants oya come and whine as usual.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by blowjohn(m): 3:00pm On Feb 23
Didijiji:
Austerity measures

Posterity is watching.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by tiswell(m): 3:02pm On Feb 23
jamafa:

Now i understand you. Enemy of the country
So how is eating another's sweat without their consent makes you a 'friend" of the country fa?
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Ykc2(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23
Chrisrare:
we igbos don't depend on Nigeria government so we don't know when government is good or bad,when buhari dey build railways he he build one for any igbo state? But he build for niger republic and SW so if dem dey share rice for lagos for 10k e no concern igbo person akeem or isiaka go still sell his own share to igbo traders
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Asswipemod: 3:05pm On Feb 23
Zonefree:
Is this the solution

Part of it. But if you think Hoebee has anything to offer, then you're delusional.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Asswipemod: 3:06pm On Feb 23
Chrisrare:

Just saw one above you.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 3:06pm On Feb 23
jamafa:

It's palliative man

It will solve some people problem for weeks.

By giving them a derica of rice, one sachet of spaghetti, one tomato paste?

During covid 19,. I visited my place of birth France to see my sick stepmother. My intention was to stay for 2 weeks. I ended up staying for 4 months, due to the travel restrictions. I had to apply for social support.
Do you know, how much they were giving me every week?
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Asswipemod: 3:08pm On Feb 23
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Mumu them

Wetin this one want achieve

A massive protest is hitting Benin city on 26th

Subsidy has been removed and it won't come back. And thanks for the Intel. We shall act on it.

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by lexy2014: 3:08pm On Feb 23
EreluRoz:
Good one, anything to put smile on the faces of Nigerians by the government is highly. 🤗

May God direct the president to do what is right amen.

To those of you laying curses everywhere, I hope you know that it'll only get worse if God answers your curses, your tongue is powerful learn to use it wisely. Cursing the country and the leaders even though they deserve it isn't the wisest thing to do this period. Use that same tongue to call for God's intervention. May God ease our affairs and make Nigeria great again.

if you need God to be directing the president, why didnt you just vote for God?

how will this put smile of the faces of Nigerians?

who caused the inflation that has now led to customs now selling contraband rice?

why should anyone waste their time calling for God's intervention?

why do you need God's intervention if you voted the right choice?
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Glimpsetv: 3:12pm On Feb 23
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by garriAndsugar: 3:13pm On Feb 23
Raskimonojendor:

Is it your food that was seized?
grin
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Diligence: 3:15pm On Feb 23
Robbing Peter to payfeed Paul! Return the seized goods to the owners. Charge them only tariff... After all, na food dem carry enta to feed the hungry & reduce price of rice.

Na una close borders, Na una brothers dey carry bike smuggle bags of rice while una claim una no see dem! Crooks!
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:19pm On Feb 23
Let the food go round don't let bad election losers hijack the process.
Use computer biometric to control the sale,one bag per person.If them give you to home.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Lekan239(m): 3:22pm On Feb 23
123yes:
These kind of leadership ruling Nigeria are very myopic in their thinking. Giving a family a bag of rice can never easy these suffering that have affected lots of families in Nigeria. I wish everyone will reject these their nonsense palliatives which at the end will be another avenue to loot and quote outrageous billions spent. I weep for the nation.
as for me and my household. If we get hold of that 1bag of rice, he go still last my family for atleast 4-5months lol... one bag of rice plenty o.... Me I will take it o and still advocate for a better govt and a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by nlreserve: 3:22pm On Feb 23
May this current hardship lead to the disintegration of this generator republic country called Nigeria
EreluRoz:
Good one, anything to put smile on the faces of Nigerians by the government is highly. 🤗

May God direct the president to do what is right amen.

To those of you laying curses everywhere, I hope you know that it'll only get worse if God answers your curses, your tongue is powerful learn to use it wisely. Cursing the country and the leaders even though they deserve it isn't the wisest thing to do this period. Use that same tongue to call for God's intervention. May God ease our affairs and make Nigeria great again.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Slytiger: 3:23pm On Feb 23
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Mumu them

Why wait till the 26th. Let it start today. Also make sure that you touch your state government house when it starts.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by nlreserve: 3:24pm On Feb 23
Lekan239:
as for me and my household. If we get hold of that 1bag of rice, he go still last my family for atleast 4-5months lol... one bag of rice plenty o.... Me I will take it o and still advocate for a better govt and a better Nigeria
Nigeria can not work. Nigeria will surely disintegrate
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Jax1: 3:29pm On Feb 23
If the seized items were good for consumption, why was it seized initially?

And to think that this is their strategy to beat hunger and poverty exposes Thièfnubu as a magnified clueless daft buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Joystarn00: 3:34pm On Feb 23
elasticlala:
seized items
Any time it last, good luck. Let begin to appreciate what they are giving to us.
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Johilo(m): 3:41pm On Feb 23
This is one of the reasons why i hated nairaland. There are lot of ingrates here.. If you don't need the bag of rice its fine but just know that many people need it. how many people facing hardship have you helped this period. you can't still appreciate the little effort being made... If them no do anything una go complain and if they do una go still complain....

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Mrhonesty: 3:46pm On Feb 23
Will destroying the foodstuffs be a better option?

quote author=123yes post=128606212]These kind of leadership ruling Nigeria are very myopic in their thinking. Giving a family a bag of rice can never easy these suffering that have affected lots of families in Nigeria. I wish everyone will reject these their nonsense palliatives which at the end will be another avenue to loot and quote outrageous billions spent. I weep for the nation.[/quote]
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Jlow2: 3:51pm On Feb 23
Pallatives can not revive any economy , after eating your bag of rice , you go back to the problem, that’s even if you will get the rice, we know apc and there antecedents.

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Bluntemperor: 3:52pm On Feb 23
metaluterus:
Keep whining

Stop it!
You are one of the doubting Thomases, even if you don't need, please get one or two for your neighbors!

1 Like

Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Jemex003: 3:56pm On Feb 23
tiswell:
Literally, sharing the siezed IGBO food items to feed the SW'ers.

Thank God you know igbo are criminals in importing illegal items to our beloved country. Keep working for us to eat
Re: Customs Begin Pilot Distribution Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Jemex003: 3:58pm On Feb 23
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Mumu them

And you’re happy right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood Destroys Houses In Kaduna (Pictures) / Tinubu From Hero To ?? Where Did It All Go Wrong. / This APC Change Is A Terrible Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.