Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani (199 Views)

I Finally Carried Out My Social Experiment - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / Ortom: I Would Have Taken Up Arms Against Fulani Herdsmen If Not For God / Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen Rocks Akwa Ibom (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by babasolution: 3:10pm On Feb 23
In plateau state there has been several successful reprisals against Fulani attacks,with many Fulani paying,same in taraba and Adamawa but never in Benue.

Are the TIV really warriors?the Fulani attacks are mainly against tiv communities.

Were people deceived that the TV's are warriors?
Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by psucc(m): 3:36pm On Feb 23
Any attempt will result in military invasion.
Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by matify83: 3:40pm On Feb 23
The Fulani attackers never really have hamlets or villages in Benue.

Their militia come across the river from nasarawa state commit their heinous crimes and melt back in the neighbouring state.
The former governor, Ortom said this much.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by AgbadoDie: 3:42pm On Feb 23
You remind me of when I was small, our father will tell us stories of how powerful the Tor Tiv people are. How they can attack their enemies without you seeing them but goes in breeze to kill who they want.

My father when he was alive, made us to fear this Tiv people because he experienced their cruelty when he live in Borno. But fast forward to present year and time, they are now like vegetables, always crying and wailing.

My question now is, Who are those through Tiv people that lived during the time of my father's that scared him that he also has to put that Tiv phobia in us?

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by babasolution: 4:05pm On Feb 23
AgbadoDie:
You remind me of when I was small, our father will tell us stories of how powerful the Tor Tiv people are. How they can attack their enemies without you seeing them but goes in breeze to kill who they want.

My father when he was alive, made us to fear this Tiv people because he experienced their cruelty when he live in Borno. But fast forward to present year and time, they are now like vegetables, always crying and wailing.

My question now is, Who are those through Tiv people that lived during the time of my father's that scared him that he also has to put that Tiv phobia in us?

Exactly, I was told these same stories too,that's what I don't understand seeing what is going on today

1 Like

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by HenryWilliams(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23
babasolution:

Exactly, I was told these same stories too,that's what I don't understand seeing what is going on today

Then the Tiv people were brave when facing equally footed foes..they weren't fighting the Army or military forces..

One on one the Tiv will decimate and destroy any fulani in their midst without blinking an eye but they know due to experience..
Any reprisal by the indigenous people would result in the Army coming in to kill them.
This has happened several times in the past so they know the repercussions of reprisal.
Not that they're cowards .

1 Like

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by babasolution: 4:16pm On Feb 23
HenryWilliams:

Then the Tiv people were brave when facing equally footed foes..they weren't fighting the Army or military forces..

One on one the Tiv will decimate and destroy any fulani in their midst without blinking an eye but they know due to experience..
Any reprisal by the indigenous people would result in the Army coming in to kill them.
This has happened several times in the past so they know the repercussions of reprisal.
Not that they're cowards .

Why has then there been successful reprisals by the bachama in Adamawa,and irigwe and tarok in plateau without army invasion,what's the deal with the tivs

1 Like

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by Beautifulday: 4:22pm On Feb 23
babasolution:

They don repent. Most of them are now christians. Christianity is what is keeping Nigeria forget

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Benue Never Successfully Carried Out Reprisals Against Fulani by danvon(m): 4:24pm On Feb 23
Because they are usually the trouble makers

I don't why people hate fulanis so much, some minorities are far more deadly and wicked than them.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2024: Ighodalo congratulates APC, Labour Candidates, calls for Issue-based c / Akwa Ibom: How Ibeno Man In Govt Fraudulently Annexed Ibibio Coastal Villages / 10 Things To Know About Stephen Oronsaye Report.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.