Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos (1526 Views)

Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items, To Sell Rice At N10,000 / Trouble Looms For Some Private Jet Owners As Customs Begins Crackdown / Customs Begins Online Auction Of Seized Vehicles, Goods - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Glimpsetv: 3:40pm On Feb 23
The Nigeria Customs in Lagos has begun selling seized food items, including rice, to alleviate food scarcity. The Comptroller General highlighted the government's efforts to address economic challenges and emphasized the need to protect domestic food security. The initiative aims to distribute discounted food items to needy Nigerians while ensuring transparency and accountability in the process. Reselling of distributed items is strictly prohibited.

Seun, Mynd44 ....

Meanwhile, according to our source, "To purchase a 10kg bag of rice, you'll need your NIN and 10,000 Naira."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USLrXxUfAqQ?si=sNF4E1pSiI7NVcqp

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 3:42pm On Feb 23
Chai!

I hope this is not robbing Peter to pay Paul. I hope all the items were seized for good reasons.

The requirement of NIN is so stupid. Anyways, 50 people can take turns to use same NIN. This is an emergency situation and the selling will soon end. It is not as if people can still meet the offer after using days or weeks to get NIN. It is like asking a dying patient to present his or her NIN before treatment. The NIN is not easy to get now and the aim of selling the food items is to quickly save people from dying of hunger.

Also, tell us the quantity secretly sold to wholesalers (marketers) and the quantity made directly available to consumers.
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by SpartaOfLagos: 3:44pm On Feb 23
So na because of rice Dem call TV and Radio stations and even fully armed DSS officials

What a disgrace

This is big disgrace to the once giant of Africa

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by SoNature(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
Chai!

I hope this is not robbing Peter to pay Paul. I hope all the items were seized for good reasons.

The requirement of NIN is so stupid. Anyways, 50 people can take turns to use same NIN.

Also, tell us the quantity secretly sold to wholesalers (marketers) and the quantity made directly available to consumers.

There's nothing wrong with asking people to present their NIN before benefiting from the government.

In advanced countries, our NIN can be likened to their social security number. If you don't have one, you are just useless in their country.

I know there are a lot of things we don't get right in this country, but asking people for NIN before they benefit from government palliatives is certainly not one of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 4:03pm On Feb 23
SoNature:
There's nothing wrong with asking people to present their NIN before benefiting from the government
Everything is wrong here because this is an emergency situation. It is like asking a dying patient to present his or her NIN before treatment. Getting NIN now is not easy and the aim of selling the food items is to save people from dying of hunger.

Requesting for NIN in this situation means doing the right thing at the wrong time. I got my NIN as early as 2014 and it was not very difficult. But every considerate human living in Nigeria knows that getting NIN now is very stressful and time consuming. This is an emergency situation and the selling will soon end. It is not as if people can still meet the offer after using days or weeks to get NIN.

2 Likes

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by SoNature(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
Everything is wrong here because the NIN is not easy to get and the aim of selling the food items is to save people from dying of hunger.

Requesting for NIN in this situation means doing the right thing at the wrong time. I got my NIN as early as 2014 but every considerate human living in Nigeria knows that getting NIN is very stressful and time consuming.

I got my NIN in 2013. In fact, I stepped into NIMC office and it was just me who received it. Nobody came into that office until I left. Three years later, I received an ATM-enabled Nigerian ID card.

The problem with people like you is that you are a typical Nigerian who never takes anything seriously until it gets to the deadline. Afterwards, you start rushing and insulting the government for making things difficult for the citizens. Mind you, before I received my NIN, the advert had been running in the media for several years.

So, look for another line. Don't shoot yourself in the foot and turn around to blame the government for it. I know where the government failed and where it didn't fail. The problem here is that the citizens always want to blame the government for their (citizens') irresponsibility.

3 Likes

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by advanceDNA: 4:19pm On Feb 23
immortalcrown:
Chai!

The requirement of NIN is so stupid. Anyways, 50 people can take turns to use same NIN.

If u believe they seized the business of private individuals and decided to sell it against the person's will..then u must believe I'm the president of France....

No be FGN them write for the sac so....na covid year 2020 rice u dey see so......u will soon hear how pple will complain that the rice has issue...
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 4:23pm On Feb 23
SoNature:
I got my NIN in 2013. In fact, I stepped into NIMC office and it was just me who received it. Nobody came into that office until I left. Three years later, I received an ATM-enabled Nigerian ID card.

The problem with people like you is that you are a typical Nigerian who never takes anything seriously until it gets to the deadline. Afterwards, you start rushing and insulting the government for making things difficult for the citizens. Mind you, before I received my NIN, the advert had been running in the media for several years.

So, look for another line. Don't shoot yourself in the foot and turn around to blame the government for it. I know where the government failed and where it didn't fail. The problem here is that the citizens always want to blame the government for their (citizens') irresponsibility.
It was not difficult for me to get my own NIN in 2014. But have you been to any NIN centre recently? This is an emergency situation and the selling will soon end. It is not as if people can still meet the offer after using days or weeks to get NIN.

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by perfectsusanoo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 23
No crocodile, even the agama lizard is being monitored more than diamond. My yoruba people shout that word...

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by MrBroke(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23
So they had to repackage them on a custom made bag, ain't that money wasted. What do I know?

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by KosiGee(m): 5:30pm On Feb 23
How did those rice end up in customised Nigeria Customs and Excise bag?

Was it re-bagged?

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Googledotcom: 5:42pm On Feb 23
This is what Nigerians has been reduced to, what supposed to be the cheapest thing for humans is now Gold. What a shame !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by killsmith(f): 5:45pm On Feb 23
Before tinubu and his satanic party, Nigerians threw rice away as leftovers.
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by SIXFEETUNDER: 7:08pm On Feb 23
Shey DSS follow day share rice ??

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Seunpapa65: 8:17pm On Feb 23
Hahaha the will share small carry camera up and down then keep the rest
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by epondudu: 8:22pm On Feb 23
Seunpapa65:
Hahaha the will share small carry camera up and down then keep the rest
Mind reader grin.
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by ivandragon: 9:13pm On Feb 23
1984/85 all over again...
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:19pm On Feb 23
Honestly negros are cursed. so there's no proper way to do this thing.
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Kaycee9242(m): 6:15am On Feb 24
Something that will still find its way to the hands of wholesalers

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Glimpsetv: 9:13am On Feb 24
Kaycee9242:
Something that will still find its way to the hands of wholesalers

Hmmmm
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Kingrshd3: 11:36am On Feb 24
SoNature:

There's nothing wrong with asking people to present their NIN before benefiting from the government.

In advanced countries, our NIN can be likened to their social security number. If you don't have one, you are just useless in their country.

I know there are a lot of things we don't get right in this country, but asking people for NIN before they benefit from government palliatives is certainly not one of them.

God bless you for this because Nigerians will always want to find faults in government policies whereby the oversease we do compare ourselves with don't take those shitty things over there ...

How can a Nigerians don't have NIN which is our national identity mtheee
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Kingrshd3: 11:38am On Feb 24
immortalcrown:
It was not difficult for me to get my own NIN in 2014. But have you been to any NIN centre recently? This is an emergency situation and the selling will soon end. It is not as if people can still meet the offer after using days or weeks to get NIN.

But how may times the government have said it all over and over again base on how importance it is for individuals to get NIN as a citizen yet if they didn't take action people won't still get it ..

Similarly to sin registration too until d network said they will block lines before people option for it ..

Black mentality is just giving us problem in Africa 🌍
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24
Kingrshd3:
But how may times the government have said it all over and over again base on how importance it is for individuals to get NIN as a citizen yet if they didn't take action people won't still get it ..
Similarly to sin registration too until d network said they will block lines before people option for it ..
Black mentality is just giving us problem in Africa 🌍
You are highly illogical here. This situation is about pandemic of hunger. The NIN requirement has no justification here.

It is right to use banks, communication companies, NECO, JAMB, WAEC, Passport office, Driver Licence, Voter Card and other forms of registrations or enrolments to enforce NIN enrolment. And these things are already being used for the enforcement.

But using food pandemic to enforce NIN enrolment is totally wrong. It is like using emergency wards in hospitals to enforce NIN enrolment. You are the one suffering from acute black mentality. That's why you fail to understand that emergency situations are handled differently.

1 Like

Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Kingrshd3: 5:18pm On Feb 24
immortalcrown:
You are highly illogical here. This situation is about pandemic of hunger. The NIN requirement has no justification here.

It is right to use banks, communication companies, NECO, JAMB, WAEC, Passport office, Driver Licence, Voter Card and other forms of registrations or enrolments to enforce NIN enrolment. And these things are already being used for the enforcement.

But using food pandemic to enforce NIN enrolment is totally wrong. It is like using emergency wards in hospitals to enforce NIN enrolment. You are the one suffering from acute black mentality. That's why you fail to understand that emergency situations are handled differently.

U are the one that didn't get my statement and u are part of d black race black mentality hub.
What am saying actually is that why won't an average citizen of Nigeria have NIN 🤔

Hence that's why d government enforce that as means of redeeming the food 🥑

Can you be in oversea without their ID card or passport as a mere citizen 😳

You should tackle problem from the cause and source and not at the end point when u are in the problem already 😡..

Although I learnt that they said any means of identification and not just NIN alone before they can sell the food to you
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by immortalcrown(m): 5:35pm On Feb 24
Kingrshd3:

U are the one that didn't get my statement and u are part of d black race black mentality hub.
What am saying actually is that why won't an average citizen of Nigeria have NIN 🤔

Hence that's why d government enforce that as means of redeeming the food 🥑

Can you be in oversea without their ID card or passport as a mere citizen 😳

You should tackle problem from the cause and source and not at the end point when u are in the problem already 😡..

Although I learnt that they said any means of identification and not just NIN alone before they can sell the food to you
If I didn't get my NIN earlier, I don't think I will get it now unless I have a desperate need for it. My point is that getting NIN now is very difficult unless the person is willing to bribe. The difficulty discourages people from getting the NIN. Try to visit NIN enrollment centres to understand the point. Since getting it is very difficult, it is an act of wickedness to make it compulsory for those who are interested in the custom Rice. Hunger pandemic is like health issues in hospital emergency wards.
Re: People Queue To Buy Rice As Customs Begins Sale Of Seized Food Items In Lagos by Kingrshd3: 11:27pm On Feb 24
immortalcrown:
If I didn't get my NIN earlier, I don't think I will get it now unless I have a desperate need for it. My point is that getting NIN now is very difficult unless the person is willing to bribe. The difficulty discourages people from getting the NIN. Try to visit NIN enrollment centres to understand the point. Since getting it is very difficult, it is an act of wickedness to make it compulsory for those who are interested in the custom Rice. Hunger pandemic is like health issues in hospital emergency wards.

That's true though yet people still died in the process of wrong arrangement or disbursment pattern used
All in d name of subsidized food 😢

(1) (Reply)

OBJ Admits Withdrawal Of $17.2 Million For Census / Aliko Dangote Asset / Bad News: Almajiri Is Now Down South?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.