Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,227 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative (4617 Views)

Raw Cashew Nuts Export Contract To Vietnam / Glo Listed As Top Nigerian Firm / Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by mukina2: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2011
On April 22nd 2010, when I signed the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 into law, I assured Nigerians that the bill will "address the compelling need for us as a nation to have indigenous participation in the oil industry". Today, I am pleased to note that those words have come to pass with the recent award by Shell Petroleum Development Corporation of a $50 million contract to an indigenous firm, SCC Nigeria limited, for the manufacture of line pipes in furtherance of the local content law. This contract which would have been given to a foreign company but for the Local Content law will keep jobs in Nigeria and increase the inflow of foreign exchange into our nation with all the attendant multiplier effects on the economy. This is a fulfillment of the vision I have for Nigeria which is that our laws, resources and government should be dedicated to creating an enabling environment that brings out the creativity already resident in the Nigerian citizen. This is also the reason why this administration introduced the Youth Enterprise With Innovation (YouWin) initiative. I want Nigerians to be the first line beneficiaries of the resources of Nigeria and as God gives me strength, I will ensure that this is the major preoccupation of this administration. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/263103757073339
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by Rhea(f): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
This is nothing new. It was introduced during the Obasanjo administration.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by KINGwax(m): 1:05pm On Nov 11, 2011
Shouldn't we rather thank him for not throwing it all away like the dead president?
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by mikedore: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2011
evrytin is who u knw in naija,dnt mind Gej and its team they re using u win project to enrich themslev. Why not use these funds to build somtin tangible dat wil creat job outrightly instead of giving it to individuals.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by werepeLeri: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2011
Even if GEJ says today is Friday - haters will still have negative things to say.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by silibaba: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
sharappp wot do you know grin grin
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by silibaba: 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
am talking to u Rhea angry angry
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
May God help Nigeria
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by BoOOosHBoy: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
Amen!!
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by yomz1e(m): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
[size=18pt][size=18pt]I just want a 4kin job in this oil industries [/size][/size]
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by yomz1e(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2011
[size=18pt]I just want a 4kin job in these oil industries [/size]
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by ugosly(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
I think our GEJ should try out a career in rap music,as the guy sure knows how to flow with words,words and more words,
werepeLeri:

Even if GEJ says today is Friday - haters will still have negative things to say.
Dear friend,u don,t need to be told that the Nation Nigeria needs a state of emergency approach to 'transform' the entire economy and polity,as such, it is no hate for concerned citizens of this great country to constructively criticize a man who draws attention to (and expects ovation for) every little or insignificant (backward) progress he makes.
Transformation agenda should not be sung in words,but in rapid developmental action.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by dreams22: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ yomz1e,
What's your qualification. There are jobs.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by babaijesha: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2011
werepeLeri:

Its not just abt negative things,
GEJ dont just have the ideas/confidence to run this country.
Let him give us the official unemployment rate and raw data of jobs created since he came into power. The Nigerian environment is just not good for small scale enterprises, thats what he need to fix to create jobs. SSE is the driver of great economies!  Where are all our factories & textile coys in Nigeria, they are long dead as a result of high cost of doing biz. What is he doing to bring them bck, where are the refineries ? How many youth will be a beneficiary of YOU-WIN Initiative out of all the unemployed graduates coming out of universities in Nigeria. Avg lending rate in Nigeria is like 22%,  we need him to fix energy to reduce the cost of doing biz.  Once the environment is right, small bizn will spring up.
He is too shy to look at evil/corruption in the face and deal with it, He should focus on recovering our funds from all these treasury serious looters, instead of placing Nigerians under poverty line by his fuel subsidy removal. We expect pple oriented policies.  I dont expect perfection, but we need his action to show that he can function effectively as Commander in Chief. He is yet to show that he is in charge. The worst thing is that U cant even place the focus of his administration. We hope for better days,
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by jpphilips(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2011
@ BABAIJESHA

Dont waste your God given strength on odechukwu, he wants us to clap for him for subverting 50musd to his crony.
can any right thinking Nigerian please help me ask
Mr President what process selected SCC amongst the lot and how many participated in the bidding process?
Don't fail to ask him what criteria disqualified the rest for SCC to emerge.?
i don't understand why Odechukwu thinks that every Nigerian is as Lost as he is
hope Haliburton Scandal comes to mind.  Padddy paddy Govt.

Richest Pipeline construction Giant with most mouth watery contracts; egg oil if you add where they laid it, na u sabi (indegenous) friend of the president
road contracts (friends of the president)
logistics Intels, friend of PDP
inspection RO if you  add SE na u sabi (friends of the president)
OML and marginal wells acquisition friends of the president
oga have you forgotten the contractors handling NLNG train 5 and 6 (friends of the president)
Oga presido, we know about Towers energy.

Mr odechukwu, i dont care what you and your friends are doing in the oil and gas sector all i want is for you to peg a living wage on oil and gas jobs by risk, the oyibo did it and we were happy, you indigenised and Nigerians became slaves.

I rather you give a 50m usd contract to a multinational that will pay Nigerians well than to your friends that pay pea nuts, your friends have reduced oil and gas jobs to mere State civil service jobs in the name of indegenisation.

and dont tell me shell awarded the contract not you, we know how you pull your strings, hope SPDC west asset acquisition comes to mind.

continue deceiving them little wonder you got 22.5m votes
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
@mukina

please why does my account get blocked after I posted a reply to someones demand?
my other ID aasog1 has been blocked twice today by lawyer on the property section.
please do something because this guy has converted the section to his own property.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=470977;sa=showPosts

go through my profile, and read the harmless post i posted.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by godman01(m): 8:01pm On Nov 11, 2011
This thing won't happen overnight, its the small things here and there that brings about something worthwhile, so encourage your president.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by godman01(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
This thing won't happen overnight, its the small things here and there that brings about something worthwhile, so encourage your president.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by werepeLeri: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
ugosly:

I think our GEJ should try out  a career in rap music,as the guy sure knows how to flow with words,words and more words, Dear friend,u don,t need to be told that the Nation Nigeria needs a state of emergency approach to 'transform' the entire economy and polity,as such, it is no hate for concerned citizens of this great country to constructively criticize a man who draws attention to (and expects ovation for) every little or insignificant (backward) progress he makes.
Transformation agenda should not be sung in words,but in rapid developmental action.

So tell me - apart from just mere talk - what is it you are faulting in his statement. Even if he sneezes, you will criticise him, if he eats, you will criticise him, if he keeps quiet, you will call him names - haba. Chill out man.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by quest55(m): 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
If d scheme is 4 d employment of youths only, who will care 4 the jobless men/women in their late 40's?
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by kooto(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2011
that is good but should be monitored, before you know it a large part of it will be moved to korea for one flimsy excuse, like fpso vessels in ND that was shifted to korea half finished,excuse that it was behind schedule, AN ARRANGEE to make money for the whites, & their nigerian colaborators there by getting nigerian proffesionals out of job! the painful thing is that the same Total fpso will be brought back to nigeria for use. it suppose to have been in the country july this year.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by enemaralph: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2011
abeg someone should help define an indigenous company. The last time i checked scc is an israeli company making their money in naija to better their economy back home.
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by ICEMAN(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2011
Hi,
I FILLED OUT THE YOUWIN APPLICATION AND SAVED IT BY CLICKING ON SAVE.I CAN'T SEE THE INFO I FILLED WHENEVER I LOGIN. WHAT CAN I DO?
Re: GEJ On The Recent $50m Shell Contract To A Nigerian Firm & YouWin Initiative by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
enemaralph:

abeg someone should help define an indigenous company. The last time i checked scc is an israeli company making their money in naija to better their economy back home.

what were u expcting? Dat they will squander it here?

(1) (Reply)

Simple Steps In Setting Up Firstmobile App / Dirty Tricks Petrol Stations, Attendants Use To Cheat Customers / Freelance Architectural visualisation 2D and 3D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.