Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,432 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online (796 Views)

See Adamu Garba’s Tweet Moment After He Announced APC Form For ₦100m / Joe Igbokwe Praises Buhari, Says Most Americans Can't Afford To Buy 50kg Rice / President Buhari Revealed The Reason He Announced Re-election Bid Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by Paraman: 7:58pm On Feb 23
A Nigerian man is selling bags of parboiled rice at N58,000, and people are indicating interest in buying from him The man, Haidar Abdullahi Gaduwama, made a post on X, advertising his rice which he packed in 50kg bags for sale in Kano state Haidar told Legit.ng that he farmed and produced the rice himself, which was why his price was a bit different from others

A businessman said he is selling his bags of rice for N58,000 each, and that he can deliver to any part of Nigeria. Haidar Abdullahi Gaduwama made a post on X, and there were so many people rushing to his account and indicating interest in buying from him. The man showed off the bags of rice he was selling for N58k.

I sell this 50kg parboiled Nigerian made Rice, Long grain and stone free for 58k only. DM if interested, let’s do business." Legit.ng spoke with him, and he said he farmed some of the rice himself in Hadejia, Jigawa state. His words: "Firstly, we farm our Rice in Hadejia, Jigawa state. But we also buy paddy rice from local farmers across the state, then process and package it for sale. I guess my rice is cheap because I farm it, process it and package it myself without any other party involved. Its like a direct labour so it cuts many unnecessary costs." Haidar, who said he started a rice business in 2021, noted that he was cheaper because others were selling between N65,000 to N68,000.

The Kano trader told Legit.ng: "We processed and polished it exactly like the foreign rice because it's stone and dust free and also long grain."

Reactions as Kano trader sells rice online @Abdul_x2 asked: "How much for delivery to Ilorin."

@Bin_Ussein asked: "How much to deliver per bag to Osun state?"

@emmaculatee1 commented: "Please DM, I have someone who needs more than 150 bags of Nigerian rice."

@shinadang asked: "Those who are selling for 78-80k where are they getting their rice? Is this inflation a self-induced one?"

https://www.legit.ng/people/1580150-n58000-bag-people-rush-rice-seller-selling-n58k-50kg-bags/
Re: People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by slivertongue: 8:01pm On Feb 23
if true it's good news
Re: People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by delpee(f): 8:29pm On Feb 23
Kudos to him.

This means that high prices are due to high cost of transportation and the antics of middlemen.
Re: People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by matify83: 8:37pm On Feb 23
Funny aspect of this story is that most of the people ordering may end up doing ''round tripping'' with the rice.

''Nobody innocent''
Re: People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by Gmajor(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23
I hope it will not end in tears
Re: People Rush Kano Trader Selling Cheap 50kg Rice After He Announced It Online by GOFRONT(m): 8:06am On Feb 24
Greed at its peak.

(1) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Becomes World Bank Md / The State Of Crime In Nigeria / The Final Solution To The Niger Delta Crisis And To End Corruption In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.