Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants (328 Views)

How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants / Tips To Get Jobs Faster In UAE (Dubai) As A Nigerian / Is It Only Those That Did Science Related Courses That Get Jobs Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants by healthmister01(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23
FACT: Some people in Canada spend up to 6 months job hunting. It is a greener pasture, depending on how you define “greener”. Canada is not a place you come to empty handed. You’ll get minimum wage jobs, but to secure a solid job takes TIME.
This is not to discourage anyone. But to tell you realities of the abroad. I know of someone that used to want to live in Canada, but after visiting for a long time, he did pass on an offer to permanently live in Canada. Most Nigerians I speak with are applying to jobs in the U.S and other Arabian counties. They got their legal papers and are looking to leave.

People put in up to 1k job applications before they land a good job. I have seen someone who applied to 100 jobs in a day, some 300 per week, some 50 per day. I have never seen anyone who aggressively job hunt like people in Canada.

Come, but don’t ever think there’s money somewhere that you’re coming to plug. Don’t ever think you’ll immediately land one “oga” position (may happen for some people - but in the immigrant Canada story this situation of immediacy is rare). Minimum wage is in CAD and you’ll have to pay your rent. It is a jungle for the fitness

The true is, very where is tough for most new arrivals, especially if it’s the first time out of your country. My point is be prepared and know that it’ll be tough initially. A relative of mine lives in London, and I could tell you that It’s easier to get jobs in UK than in Canada. Canada is better than uk only in fast settlement. Apart from the longer settlement route in the UK, UK is cool. But finally pray for Gods grace …

People do spend months and over a year before getting a job, and your house rent and resident permit is counting. Abroad life no be here, don't waste that millions to come and see shege like many Africans are seeing. Don’t get it in your head that you’ll be making 1 million CAD a month. You’ll call it 1 million because you’re changing the money to naira… that’s like $900-$1k CAD (when you look at it in naira) and that’s absolutely NOTHING in the actual currency because your rent will take up that $900 or at most $750 depending on your location and accommodation conditions.

Again, take this as me debunking some pre perceptions because >>>>> READ FULL ARTICLE HERE 👇👇👇

https://www.essiebookblog.com.ng/2024/02/how-difficult-is-it-for-nigerians-to.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants by gabmanuel(m): 2:35am On Feb 24
Ok Sir/ma.

We have heard, we will experience it first, and we pray it works for our good.

2 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants by MMempire(m): 4:51am On Feb 24
gabmanuel:
Ok Sir/ma.

We have heard, we will experience it first, and we pray it works for our good.
Amen!

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It For Nigerians To Get Jobs In Canada As Fresher Or Immigrants by Originalsly: 5:32am On Feb 24
The bitter truth.

" Hope for the best ... prepare for the worst."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Looking For An Affordable Place To Travel ,yet Fun? Watch This Video / Abia Central Senatorial Zone / I Need Information Concerning Passport Renewal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.