Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? (194 Views)

Please What Are Your Thoughts About Inverter Freezer And Fridge? / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units? / 8 Blocks Of 3 Bedroom Flat For Sale At Surulere Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 7:58am On Feb 24
Just because the country's economy is not favorable, it is not acceptable to reduce the standard of building materials just to gain. It used to be safety first but now, people are prioritizing money over people's safety.
As in, can't you produce in standard quality and self at the the price that pays you?
What's the essence of reducing the quality of products especially when it has to do with human lives?

What are your thoughts on these tiny blocks?
nlfpmod
Seun
Mynd44

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by advanceDNA: 8:00am On Feb 24
I'm surprised the block is not even way thinner than that with cement price at 10k to 15k
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Jashub: 8:04am On Feb 24
Nice observation Op. I just wonder why people in Nigeria keep increasing prices yet are keen on always dropping the quality and standard of everything they sell.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 8:07am On Feb 24
advanceDNA:
I'm surprised the block is not even way thinner than that with cement price at 10k to 15k
we all understand that cement is costly but let's cut the blocks in the standard size and quality. The producers can calculate the cost of production and sell it at the price that pays them.
Theses blocks are not strong enough to bear the doors and windows lintol.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by immortalcrown(m): 8:08am On Feb 24
I have nothing to tell the moulder. I blame any fool that will buy it.
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by advanceDNA: 8:10am On Feb 24
Olaolex:
we all understand that cement is costly but let's cut the blocks in the standard size and quality. The producers can calculate the cost of production and sell it at the price that pays them.
Theses blocks are not strong enough to bear the doors and windows lintol.

Of course there will be standard blocks selling for more.....that's naija for u.... There is substandard version of virtually everything including substandard presidents and other leaders
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 8:11am On Feb 24
Jashub:
Nice observation Op. I just wonder why people in Nigerian will keep increasing prices yet keep dropping the quality and standard of everything they sell.
I can't imagine the situation where I will not be able to sleep with my two eyes closed in my own house just because I built with a substandard products.
One would always have to do vigil whenever it is raining in the night

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 8:15am On Feb 24
advanceDNA:

Of course there will be standard blocks selling for more.....that's naija for u.... There is substandard version of virtually everything including the president
lol @including the president. We have entered already sir, nah only the miracle worker fit run am for us.
But who buys this kind of substandard products that doesn't guarantee his or her safety? I'll rather wait till I have the capital to build than buy these death traps
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by internationalman(m): 8:27am On Feb 24
It's only in Nigeria manufacturers increase the price of a product and reduce the content as well..

Yamayama country where nothing is regulated or controlled...
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by advanceDNA: 8:29am On Feb 24
Olaolex:
lol @including the president. We have entered already sir, nah only the miracle worker fit run am for us.
But who buys this kind of substandard products that doesn't guarantee his or her safety? I'll rather wait till I have the capital to build than buy these death traps

Baba....these are the blocks politicians will buy for to build projects that won't last....
Be like say u just come naija.....

.politicians and evil building contractors are already looking at this thread smiling ....
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 8:46am On Feb 24
advanceDNA:

Baba....these are the blocks politicians will buy for to build projects that won't last....
Be like say u just come naija.....

.politicians and evil building contractors are already looking at this thread smiling ....
it's only God that can deliver us in this country and that's if we want to be delivered. But as things are now, it's obvious we aren't ready to be freed in this country
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by advanceDNA: 9:05am On Feb 24
Olaolex:
it's only God that can deliver us in this country and that's if we want to be delivered. But as things are now, it's obvious we aren't ready to be freed in this country

Nigerians that will still vote for APC in 2027

u know why...... they are already saying no candidate could have done anything different from what this clown called tinubu is doing

..... what does that tell u.....it doesn't matter to them Nigeria is drowning and people are suffering.....as long as their person is ruling.....thats fine for them
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by KingMack(m): 9:27am On Feb 24
it's only a fool that will buy that block ad use it in building a house which he laboured for😡

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 1:03pm On Feb 24
advanceDNA:

Nigerians that will still vote for APC in 2027

u know why...... they are already saying no candidate could have done anything different from what this clown called tinubu is doing

..... what does that tell u.....it doesn't matter to them Nigeria is drowning and people are suffering.....as long as their person is ruling.....thats fine for them
let's hope Nigeria still stands till then
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by Olaolex: 1:04pm On Feb 24
KingMack:
it's only a fool that will buy that block ad use it in building a house which he laboured for😡
some people are desperate. There desperation is not here
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by KingMack(m): 9:26am On Feb 25
Olaolex:
some people are desperate. There desperation is not here

Honestly!
Re: What Are Your Thoughts On These Blocks? by BigYash: 10:09am On Feb 25
Death trap

(1) (Reply)

2 Units Of 2bedroom Flats For Sale At VON Lugbe Abuja 40m / How Much Is Cement 6 Inches And 9 Inches Today / 36 Plots Of Land For Joint Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.