Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Governor Adeleke Inaugurates Osun Steering Committee On NASSP-SU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Adeleke Inaugurates Osun Steering Committee On NASSP-SU (70 Views)

Osun Governor Elect, Adeleke Inaugurates Transition Committee (see Full List) / Agenda 2050: President Buhari Inaugurates National Steering Committee / Osinbajo Inaugurates Steering Committee Of The Clean Nigeria Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke Inaugurates Osun Steering Committee On NASSP-SU by Jimsonjaat96(m): 9:24am On Feb 24
Governor Ademola Adeleke has Inaugurated Osun State Steering Committee On National Social Safety Net Project Scale-Up (NASSP-SU).

Represented by the Head of Service, Mr Aina Ayanleye, the Governor reiterated the resolve of his administration to attend to the needs of the poor, the weak and the under-privileged. He said his administration has invested heavily in the Social protection sector, developing and implementing several high-level Social Security Strategies to reduce poverty, unemployment and low productivity space among others.

Describing himself as a pro-poor, pro-welfare leader, the Governor said his administration’s Five Point Agenda has social investment as the core of its focus, noting that “these policies cut across health, education, agriculture, youth, women, children development and Special Needs.

“During our electioneering campaign, we promise that we shall not abandon them. We assure that we shall institutionalize an all-inclusive and well-coordinated Social protection Policy that will provide a life support system for the poor and vulnerable . This support system shall aim to reduce the income gap between the haves and the haves-not in our dear state.

“In pursuance of that promise, the State Government of Osun under my watch, in collaboration with the Federal Government of Nigeria, through the State Operation Coordinating Unit (SOCU), National Social Safety Net Project, supervised by the Ministry of Economic Planning, Budget and Development today launched this disbursement to the poor of the poor in the state

“Each beneficiary was supported with a sum of between Twenty Five (25,000.00) and Thirty Thousand Naira (N30, 000.00) only. Among the 19,720 beneficiaries, 10,390 of them with existing bank accounts have had access to withdraw and utilize their money.

“Also, I have given approval that the remaining 9,330 beneficiaries be given their debit cards. These people are poor people without account numbers and with this distribution, it becomes an achievement that is in tandem with the financial inclusion policy of the Federal Government.

“From the foregoing, at least 60,000 people are going to receive their ATM cards of bank accounts which was facilitated through this programme. The smart cards can be useful for further pro poor interventions and private use”, the Governor said.

Governor Adeleke said the objective of the cash intervention is to provide relief for the most poor and vulnerable population in the state against the harsh economic conditions occasioned by the removal of fuel subsidies, high cost of living among others.

In his welcome address, Commissioner for Economic and budget,Mr Marouf Ademola Adeleke who was represented by Mrs Yetunde Esan appreciated the state governor for making efforts to curb poverty in the state.

"There are protest all over, but Mr Governor by who he is, said I want to help my people to be relieved from this serious economy situation.

"My beneficiaries in the house, you'll be receiving the 25,000 and 30,000 each and this amounted to 579, million naira. The beneficiaries of this program are picked from the social register, because they're scientifically picked,those sitted don't belong to any political party, they're indigenes of osun.

"On behalf of Mr Governor, you'll reap more from this little he has sown into your life. He stated.

The state coordinator, Mr Olabanji Hammed, in an interview with him disclosed how the beneficiaries were chosen and the plans of the government for others who haven't benefitted.

"This people are poor and vulnerable people, they're people living in villages where are there's no bank, we assisted them to open bank accounts, we ensure we opened account for 60,000, so out of that 60,000 about 19,000 are benefiting now. Others will also benefit,it is in batches.

" Their debit cards are ready and their accounts are ready. Assistance will soon reach their side,but the one we're doing today is 19,000 plus

One of the beneficiaries, Mr Onaolapo Dare,while speaking with our corespondents appreciated the state governor for not forgetting the less privileged.

"We thank Governor Adeleke, he really tried for us. This program is for less privileged people, and he really tried. I could see some deaf and dumb, these people were able to benefit from this programe. I also benefited from this program and now I have something to relay on despite the fact that Nigeria is so sick, we thank God.

(1) (Reply)

FG Set To Strengthen Bilateral Relations With US On Military Cooperation / NLC Protest: Obaseki Empathises With Edo People, Nigerians Over High Cost Of Liv / Reps Investigate Invalidation Of $2.4bn Forward Contracts By CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.