Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Subsidized Food Distribution By Nigeria Custom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidized Food Distribution By Nigeria Custom (73 Views)

Lagos State Government Commence With Subsidized Food Items / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL / Osun Government Begins Food Distribution To Vulnerable And Elderly Persons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Subsidized Food Distribution By Nigeria Custom by Lukgaf(m): 12:11pm On Feb 24
On January 30, 2024, here on NL, I wrote about the effect of fuel subsidy removal on the price of food and proposed what I believe our government should do in response. You can read more about it here:

It is commendable to see that the Nigeria Customs, an agency under the federal government, is selling some seized rice at a subsidized price to citizens with their National Identification Number (NIN), ensuring that each person can only purchase one bag. I encourage the federal, state, and local governments to adopt this method for distributing palliatives going forward. This approach can be extended to other staple foods such as beans, garri, semovita, etc.

With proper monitoring, such as digitizing the distribution process, targeted assistance can reach those in need. I think wealthier individuals who can afford to purchase food at market prices are unlikely to join the queue, ensuring that the assistance goes to the intended beneficiaries.

Each local government could establish around 10-20 distribution centers where people can access subsidized food, with each NIN holder eligible for this assistance once per month.

Other funds should be allocated to infrastructure development, and the government should refrain from propagandizing.

If we are prepared to take action, Nigeria will be great!

What do you think?

Lukgaf

(1) (Reply)

First Anniversary Of A People’s Revolution / Tinubu Should Use His Experience In This To Increase Fx Earning / Civil Society Groups Commend Edo State Government For Road Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.