Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos (17295 Views)

Cement Price Surges To N15,000 In Abuja / IT'S THE SPECIAL EMBER PROMO!!! WESTWOOD PARK ESTATE NOW SELLING for N11.5m, / Architect Turns Old Cement Factory Into His Home (2) (3) (4)

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by CorrectionFLuid: 3:01pm On Feb 24
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by ednut1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24
😭 alot of building projects will be paused
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by stano2(m): 3:01pm On Feb 24
I'm an APC supporter, I bought 1k per bag

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by GenFunction: 3:02pm On Feb 24
Uuupeeh,
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Meti99(m): 3:02pm On Feb 24
Sdf
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Alexlalax1(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24
It's even cheap sef. I expect it to sell at a higher rate. They will easily afford it. You dey do your self thinking you dey do me. Na morning be this. Ndi ala, ndi ala

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Saintinoo(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24
References1:

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-cement-sells-for-n11000-in-lagos/amp/

I noticed that those who massively supported Tinubu in the last election, cannot really phantom what is wrong with the economy. They are so surprised that a certain president can be so incompetent.

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Matrix137(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24
yahmohy27:

And some people will come online and be comparing this SITUATION with Buhari time
No form of comparison whatsoever. Currently, it's from frying pan to fire
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by baby124: 3:03pm On Feb 24
Well it’s time for competition. Grant others the license to produce cement too.
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by matify83: 3:03pm On Feb 24
Like play, cement price has entered double digits of the thousands.

May God have mercy upon us!
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by mukthar2000(m): 3:03pm On Feb 24
Government is waiting untill cement trucks would be hijacked on the way ,like the way food trucks was hijack in Niger and Kaduna.
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by GenFunction: 3:04pm On Feb 24
the cement go fit build my relationship too ba?
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by mukthar2000(m): 3:04pm On Feb 24
Government are waiting untill cement trucks would be hijacked on the way ,like the way food trucks was hijack in Niger and Kaduna.
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by bewise24: 3:05pm On Feb 24
Protest might be the only way out.

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:06pm On Feb 24
Bought 12k in Enugu Ezike town, Enugu state today
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Demiurgos: 3:08pm On Feb 24
I bought one cup of garri for 100 naira today. Just one cup

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Angelfrost(m): 3:09pm On Feb 24
Truth is... The poor is being weeded out brutally with enhanced weapon of inflation.

These price hikes are nothing but a minor inconvenience to the already wealthy, and a major adjustment for those in the mid-financial bracket.

But, the millions of poor have limited adjustment options... So, they either revolt or die!

With this rising cost of cement and building materials, hike in rents will be inevitable.

Even the houses that have been existing for decades and have never been maintained won't be spared the coming hike in rents.

That means in addition to hunger, homelessness will be added.

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 3:09pm On Feb 24
STEWpid:
Chai..

Chiiiisors!!!

This is hullabaloocious!

This regime will continue to favour me and my family.

Better meme fall on you.

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Killermamba: 3:11pm On Feb 24
insidelife22:
The builder of Lagos can longer build Nigeria coz cement is costly.
he will use red sand or clay
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by bemeruca: 3:18pm On Feb 24
during GEJ we have external investors, runz girls who buy iPhones up and down. everything was affordable. we saw the rise of new Nigerian-born tech companies.

but tribalism killed all that.
since then, corruption has drowned Nigeria.
make una enjoy hardship. no way to eat, you buy land you cannot build a house. rent go shoot up. una try
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by STEWpid(f): 3:19pm On Feb 24
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

Better meme fall on you.

The regime is a Divine evidence.

The country is hard but some people are still making money.

What a Grace!!!

Chai..
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by bemeruca: 3:21pm On Feb 24
STEWpid:

The regime is a Divine evidence.

The country is hard but some people are still making money.

What a Grace!!!

Chai..

Some people could be 2 politicians.
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Emyogalanya: 3:29pm On Feb 24
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Ofunaofu: 3:33pm On Feb 24
Believe APC government at your peril
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Murphyericho: 3:39pm On Feb 24
Here in Benin city no fix price, as at yesterday at G.R.A was 14000 naira
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by coputa(m): 3:50pm On Feb 24
Dangote had been pampered by the federal government to a fault.

This is a man that was given a lot of concessions by successive government and was even given dollars at low price to build his refinery.

What has he given back to Nigerians, nothing,he sells all his products at market prices and even hike most of them.

This increase in the price of cement is uneccessary because raw materials for the manufacturing of cement are sourced locally

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 24
bemeruca:
during GEJ we have external investors, runz girls who buy iPhones up and down. everything was affordable. we saw the rise of new Nigerian-born tech companies.

but tribalism killed all that.
since then, corruption has drowned Nigeria.
make una enjoy hardship. no way to eat, you buy land you cannot build a house. rent go shoot up. una try

We also had sustained high oil prices till April 2014, when the crash began...and by 2015 January, they were borrowing to pay salaries.

We were here before. From 1973-82, high oil prices meant that naira was strong, people were enjoying good things, food was heavily subsidesed along with petrol, and a loaf of bread cost less than N1. Then came the crash of 1982....and wahala started.

BY 1984, food subsides were no more. BY 1994, car production in Nigeria had dropped drastically, and bread was over N20 if not more.

Nothing to do with tribalism. Infact by 2015, NOI was saying that Nigeria was going to have hard times, whoever won that year's election

This is not a defence of Buhari or tinubu, and I no vote for Buhari, tinubu , gej or pdp in my life.

THe problem is, when your economy is hooked up to oil the problem is when oil price crashes, you get wahala. BY the time it rises after a period of low prices, you go pay debt well well.

Even during the times of plenty, a lot of people were suffering, and people were japaing abroad then.

The reason why Buhari and tinubu are bad leaders...dem suppose make NIgeria get side hustle...diversify. Dem no do am, so here we are. Instead, na to take loan after loan. NO dey raise tax income, nothing.

Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Orgymy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 24
Who is complaining..this is a good government. It has brought good fortune to my life.
MajorOvakporaye:
Make I see any idiotic Tilumbu bastard online miscreant wey go complain for here. Ogun kill you!!!
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by nairalanda1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 24
coputa:
Dangote had been pampered by the federal government to a fault.

This is a man that was given monopoly by successive government and was even given dollars at low price to build his refinery.

What has he given back to Nigerians, nothing,he sells all his products at market prices and even hike most of them.

This increase in the price of cement is uneccessary because raw materials for the manufacturing of cement are sourced locally

Dangote is not running a monopoly. There are two other cememt producers..Lafarge and BUA. Several other minor ones also exist.

Cost of production has increased. Number of naira needed to chase after dollar for importing some components for manufacturing has increased. Naturally price of cement has increased.
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by ivandragon: 4:04pm On Feb 24
Hmm...
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by AuwalYusuf812(m): 4:04pm On Feb 24
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 0tilo
Re: Cement Sells For N11,000 In Lagos by Lovit(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24
Tilumpu, please pepper Nigerians, in fact increase dollar rate to N3,500

supporters of APC wants to teach PO a lesson grin

YOU WANT A LAND THAT HAVE C OF O WITH CHEAP MONEY Along Ibejulekki -100%Secured / Laying Foundation For A 3-bedroom Flat On Half Plot Of Land (water-logged Area) / Update On Enugu Centenary, Lifestyle And Golf Course City