Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

*i'm The Authentic APC Candidate, Dennis Idahosa Lay Claims On Mandate As Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / *i'm The Authentic APC Candidate, Dennis Idahosa Lay Claims On Mandate As Party (113 Views)

Edo 2024: Dennis Idahosa Reportedly Assumes Control Of APC’s Campaign / Wike: Judiciary Right When Obi Reclaimed Mandate As Gov, Wrong When He Lost / Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*i'm The Authentic APC Candidate, Dennis Idahosa Lay Claims On Mandate As Party by Propergandist: 7:52pm On Feb 24
*I'm the authentic APC Candidate, Dennis Idahosa lay claims on mandate as Party Produces two Candidates*

_Says the law does not make provision for multiple/substitute primary elections without withdrawal or death of the winner of the primary election_

*Mega House Tv*

One of the Candidates of the All Progressives Congress (APC), ahead of the Edo September 21 Gubernatorial election, Hon. Dennis Idahosa, who was declared winner by the Party's Election Committee Chairman, His Excellency Senator Hope Uzodinma (Charman), on 17th February, 2024, has said he remain the Party's flagbearer, adding that there is no moral justification in the sight of the law, for the Party to conduct two Primary election, when there is no withdrawal or death of the winner as exemplified in the governing Constitution.

Idahosa in his recent interview granted on 22nd February, 2024 said, "I write in respect of the Edo State Gubernatorial Primary Election, particularly my victory at the primary election held on 17th February, 2024 which was duly acknowledged by the National Chairman of our great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) as per his congratulatory message widely reported to have been issued on 18h February, 2024"

"In preparation for the election to the office of Governor of Edo State, the APC commenced the statutory nomination process by, amongst others, scheduling its primary election for 17 February, 2024,, notifying the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and empaneling a Gubernatorial Election Primary Committee under the auspices of the National Working Committee of the APC pursuant to Article 13.4 (xiv) of the APC Constitution"

On the legality of who is the authentic Candidate, Idahosa said "The law does not make provision for multiple/substitute primary elections as communicated by the Press Release in the absence of the withdrawal or death of the winner of the primary election, neither does the law permit or anticipate any circumstance where the name of any person aside the winner of the primary election is submitted to INEC as the party’s candidate. Our party ought to be guided on the path of legality and avoid actions that can cause avoidable negative legal consequences for the party"

On why the election cannot be regarded as inconclusive, the Federal Lawmaker said, "On 22nd February, 2024, even though there was no outstanding process from the primary election of 17h February, 2024 to be concluded, the Primary Election Committee, with the same members who had signed the earlier report except for H. E. Hope Uzodinma, were in Benin City. However, instead of indicating which part of the earlier primary election the Committee was to conclude, in the course of the day, it proceeded to conduct another primary election purportedly across all the Wards in Edo State. Surprisingly, it announced results that did not tally with the votes from the Wards obtained at any validly or duly conducted primary election and/or Local Government Area"

*Mega House Tv*

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1136889037715387&id=100041829052208&sfnsn=scwspmo
Re: *i'm The Authentic APC Candidate, Dennis Idahosa Lay Claims On Mandate As Party by Khallicopyro: 7:54pm On Feb 24
Dey play

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2023 : Tinubu, Shettima Hailed For Showering Gifts On Super Eagles / Politics: Why You Should Never Factor In Teaching Others Lessons / NLC Protest: Federal Secretariat Ibadan Not Left Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.