Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. (776 Views)

Sad Mood I Lost All My Day Old Chick To Coccidiosis Disease..the Weather Is Bad / Diabetes The Silent Killer:- How People With Family History Can Avoid It / How I Lost 5 Million Naira To Poultry Farming. Mistakes Mad ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by ibabz(m): 11:19pm On Feb 24
This story might sound too fictitious, but this is the true story of my life. I decided to share this story because I have heard so many misconceptions about real estate business. This is what happened to me personally.

I remember during one of my weekend trips to the brown roof city in 1997, a friend took me to a property; a fenced plot of land with C of O at Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan.

Ibadan, a city in southwest Nigeria then a slow-paced city with a relatively cheap cost of living. One of of the few cities in the Southwest where you could live comfortably on a very low budget.

I was offered to buy the 2 plots for N150,000. I knew it was a very good deal but because I was young, naive, and uninformed, I declined. Why, you may ask?

I remember "Baba Ibadan", a very rash and uncouth old man then at my former place of work, I thought to myself, "If I buy this property and eventually build on it and start living in Ibadan, my nieces and nephews would start referring to me as Baba Ibadan". I declined because I did not want to be referred to as baba Ibadan. I was more concerned of not being called Baba Ibadan than buying the property.

**Lesson one.**

20 years later, in 2017 to be precise, I found myself living and working in this same brown roof city called Ibadan. I became the same Baba Ibadan I dreaded of becoming. Perhaps, if I knew I would one day find myself domiciled in Ibadan, I would have jumped at that offer, buy the 2 plots of land and build an edifice that befits the same taste that made me reject it.

Well, I missed out on that property. The last time I checked, a plot of land at that same location in Oluyole industrial estate was around N50million Naira, which means, the 2 plots of land at N150,000 in 1997 is now worth over N100million Naira.

**Lesson two. **

As fate would have it, I relocated and started living in Ibadan. I was living in a posh area at Jericho; a Government Reserved Area (GRA). Of course, as a Lagos big boy, I can't live in the interior part of the city which I considered to be local.

I moved into a nice apartment in Jericho, and my rent was N300,000. One day, I decided to follow my uncle to his farm at Elenusonso, a new site, which is about 15km from my house at Jericho to harvest some pineapples. My uncle had this acre of land he was using for horticultural farming. So when we got there, he told me how he got the acre of land for N150,000 a long time ago and that years after, the land had appreciated to about N1.2 million. He advised I should buy the available 2 plots of land that was left for purchase, very close to his, that was being offered for N300,000.

Do I need to tell you what my response was? Of course, I declined! My excuse was that the road was bad, and the area was too local for me. You know I have got taste and class, all I wanted was a property within or not too far from a GRA like Jericho, Oluyole, Alalubosa etc. Don't mind me; Its just my Lagos boy deluxe imaginary status and the fact that I'm now domiciled in Ibadan won't make me compromise my standards and preferences. I never realized how foolish I was.

Few years into my sojourn in Ibadan, my landlord at Jericho decided to increase my rent from N350,000 to N600,000 which I considered too outrageous. My Lagos big boy mentality was humbled. I decided to move out of the apartment.
Guess where? To the same Elenusonso that I claimed was too local, too far, and with bad road.

I went to Elenusonso and I got the same standard of my apartment at Jericho for N200,000. When I saw the price difference, none of my excuses mattered anymore. I moved to Elenusonso. Again, if I had envisaged that one day I would ever find myself living in an under-developed area like Elenusonso, perhaps I would have bought more than 10 acres of land when the land was only a few hundred thousand.

My uncle later sold the same acre he bought for N150,000 for N4 million Naira because he needed money urgently to settle some family emergency.

**Third Lesson.**

My aunt came to visit me one day and she told me that she wants to buy some acres of land at Olohunde for N500,000. Olohunde is a community before Ido local government area. Then, the community was a very tick forest. She asked if I was interested. I told her it was too far.

Then, she sat me down and talked some sense into my head.
She said, "Aburo, do you know that God has completed creating the world? Which means, it is not possible to add or extend the size of the earth by a foot. But do you know that God has not stopped the procreation process? Which means, wherever a land is today, humans will continually be fruitful and multiply and their population would always get there. Which means, the city you see today was once a bush or a farmland.

That was what changed my orientation and peeled the scale of foolishness from my eyes. A few days after, someone told me about some parcel of land at the back of my house at Elenusonso; I asked how many plots were available. He said 4 plots were available. I bought the whole four plots available for N4 million Naira (N1 million per plot). Today, the same plot is being sold for N2.5 million per plot.

Today, a plot at Olohunde is about N4million Naira. Imagine I had bought about 1 acre when the acre was N500,000, today, I would have been N24million naira richer.

Why this long epistle?

I just want to encourage someone, especially the younger ones, try and invest in landed properties. No place is too far to buy. Once you have done your due diligence in examining the site and confirming the genuinity of the land, don't hesitate, buy the land immediately. Land is the only investment that is guaranteed to constantly increase in value, year in year out.

Don't be stupid like me, I was all along only interested in Behind and well-developed areas while the places I considered too local were developing so rapidly out of my reach. I regretted greatly not buying the properties when it was still within my reach.

Lastly, do you want to know how you can buy 1 acre (4 000 sqm) of land for N500,000 and make over N600,000 gross revenue every year? Which means, when you buy this land for N500,000, the land can pay back the total cost of buying it.

Let me recommend this land you can buy now and make some huge returns on your investment in few months from now. I have done all the due diligence for you; however, you can still do yours if you choose to.
Invest into an opportunity of a lifetime to own a piece of land at an unbelievable price. Lukom farmland, developed on a 10,000 acres land parcel, located along the Iseyin - Ado-Awaye highway and is blessed with a vast green space in and around it.
When you buy your farmland from Lukom, you have 100% access and rights, and you can decide what you wish to plant on or do with your acre/s of land.
However, for those who may not have the time or energy to manage their farm, Lukom has partnership arrangement with some institutions such as IITA, NAIC, and Agro Rangers who would assist in the areas of technical, insurance and security respectively. Also, Lukom has a strong partnership with Psaltery who is committed to buy off all the cassava produce.
Priced at nearly 30% lower than the prevailing market price. The farmland is being offered at an extremely lucrative price. The N500,000, which is the pre-launch price covers documentation (includes Record Copy Survey in your name from the Oyo State Ministry of Lands and Housing.) and land clearing.
The Features
1. Proximity To the Road. Located Along the Iseyin Express Road. About 1hr 15mins Drive from Moniya, Ibadan, making it an exceptional location to invest in.
2. Documentation: Letter Of Allocation, Government Issued Record Copy Survey on your name, Land Agreement, Receipt, And Other Documents.
3. Affordable Farmland.
4. Buy With Confidence and Peace of Mind/ Free from Government acquisition, No Omo Onile Wahala.
5. Good Prospect for Future Development

If you are interested or want to know about this opportunity, you can reach me on WhatsApp. 09067435739
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by god2good: 4:14am On Feb 25
The story sweet and encouraging

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by clems88(m): 10:28am On Mar 20
ibabz:
This story might sound too fictitious, but this is the true story of my life. I decided to share this story because I have heard so many misconceptions about real estate business. This is what happened to me personally.

I remember during one of my weekend trips to the brown roof city in 1997, a friend took me to a property; a fenced plot of land with C of O at Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan.

Ibadan, a city in southwest Nigeria then a slow-paced city with a relatively cheap cost of living. One of of the few cities in the Southwest where you could live comfortably on a very low budget.

I was offered to buy the 2 plots for N150,000. I knew it was a very good deal but because I was young, naive, and uninformed, I declined. Why, you may ask?

I remember "Baba Ibadan", a very rash and uncouth old man then at my former place of work, I thought to myself, "If I buy this property and eventually build on it and start living in Ibadan, my nieces and nephews would start referring to me as Baba Ibadan". I declined because I did not want to be referred to as baba Ibadan. I was more concerned of not being called Baba Ibadan than buying the property.

**Lesson one.**

20 years later, in 2017 to be precise, I found myself living and working in this same brown roof city called Ibadan. I became the same Baba Ibadan I dreaded of becoming. Perhaps, if I knew I would one day find myself domiciled in Ibadan, I would have jumped at that offer, buy the 2 plots of land and build an edifice that befits the same taste that made me reject it.

Well, I missed out on that property. The last time I checked, a plot of land at that same location in Oluyole industrial estate was around N50million Naira, which means, the 2 plots of land at N150,000 in 1997 is now worth over N100million Naira.

**Lesson two. **

As fate would have it, I relocated and started living in Ibadan. I was living in a posh area at Jericho; a Government Reserved Area (GRA). Of course, as a Lagos big boy, I can't live in the interior part of the city which I considered to be local.

I moved into a nice apartment in Jericho, and my rent was N300,000. One day, I decided to follow my uncle to his farm at Elenusonso, a new site, which is about 15km from my house at Jericho to harvest some pineapples. My uncle had this acre of land he was using for horticultural farming. So when we got there, he told me how he got the acre of land for N150,000 a long time ago and that years after, the land had appreciated to about N1.2 million. He advised I should buy the available 2 plots of land that was left for purchase, very close to his, that was being offered for N300,000.

Do I need to tell you what my response was? Of course, I declined! My excuse was that the road was bad, and the area was too local for me. You know I have got taste and class, all I wanted was a property within or not too far from a GRA like Jericho, Oluyole, Alalubosa etc. Don't mind me; Its just my Lagos boy deluxe imaginary status and the fact that I'm now domiciled in Ibadan won't make me compromise my standards and preferences. I never realized how foolish I was.

Few years into my sojourn in Ibadan, my landlord at Jericho decided to increase my rent from N350,000 to N600,000 which I considered too outrageous. My Lagos big boy mentality was humbled. I decided to move out of the apartment.
Guess where? To the same Elenusonso that I claimed was too local, too far, and with bad road.

I went to Elenusonso and I got the same standard of my apartment at Jericho for N200,000. When I saw the price difference, none of my excuses mattered anymore. I moved to Elenusonso. Again, if I had envisaged that one day I would ever find myself living in an under-developed area like Elenusonso, perhaps I would have bought more than 10 acres of land when the land was only a few hundred thousand.

My uncle later sold the same acre he bought for N150,000 for N4 million Naira because he needed money urgently to settle some family emergency.

**Third Lesson.**

My aunt came to visit me one day and she told me that she wants to buy some acres of land at Olohunde for N500,000. Olohunde is a community before Ido local government area. Then, the community was a very tick forest. She asked if I was interested. I told her it was too far.

She said, "Aburo, do you know that God has completed creating the world? Which means, it is not possible to add or extend the size of the earth by a foot. But do you know that God has not stopped the procreation process? Which means, wherever a land is today, humans will continually be fruitful and multiply and their population would always get there. Which means, the city you see today was once a bush or a farmland.

That was what changed my orientation and peeled the scale of foolishness from my eyes. A few days after, someone told me about some parcel of land at the back of my house at Elenusonso; I asked how many plots were available. He said 4 plots were available. I bought the whole four plots available for N4 million Naira (N1 million per plot). Today, the same plot is being sold for N2.5 million per plot.

Today, a plot at Olohunde is about N4million Naira. Imagine I had bought about 1 acre when the acre was N500,000, today, I would have been N24million naira richer.

Why this long epistle?

I just want to encourage someone, especially the younger ones, try and invest in landed properties. No place is too far to buy. Once you have done your due diligence in examining the site and confirming the genuinity of the land, don't hesitate, buy the land immediately. Land is the only investment that is guaranteed to constantly increase in value, year in year out.

Don't be stupid like me, I was all along only interested in Behind and well-developed areas while the places I considered too local were developing so rapidly out of my reach. I regretted greatly not buying the properties when it was still within my reach.

Lastly, do you want to know how you can buy 1 acre (4 000 sqm) of land for N500,000 and make over N600,000 gross revenue every year? Which means, when you buy this land for N500,000, the land can pay back the total cost of buying it.

Let me recommend this land you can buy now and make some huge returns on your investment in few months from now. I have done all the due diligence for you; however, you can still do yours if you choose to.
Invest into an opportunity of a lifetime to own a piece of land at an unbelievable price. Lukom farmland, developed on a 10,000 acres land parcel, located along the Iseyin - Ado-Awaye highway and is blessed with a vast green space in and around it.
When you buy your farmland from Lukom, you have 100% access and rights, and you can decide what you wish to plant on or do with your acre/s of land.
However, for those who may not have the time or energy to manage their farm, Lukom has partnership arrangement with some institutions such as IITA, NAIC, and Agro Rangers who would assist in the areas of technical, insurance and security respectively. Also, Lukom has a strong partnership with Psaltery who is committed to buy off all the cassava produce.
Priced at nearly 30% lower than the prevailing market price. The farmland is being offered at an extremely lucrative price. The N500,000, which is the pre-launch price covers documentation (includes Record Copy Survey in your name from the Oyo State Ministry of Lands and Housing.) and land clearing.
The Features
1. Proximity To the Road. Located Along the Iseyin Express Road. About 1hr 15mins Drive from Moniya, Ibadan, making it an exceptional location to invest in.
2. Documentation: Letter Of Allocation, Government Issued Record Copy Survey on your name, Land Agreement, Receipt, And Other Documents.
3. Affordable Farmland.
4. Buy With Confidence and Peace of Mind/ Free from Government acquisition, No Omo Onile Wahala.

If you are interested or want to know about this opportunity, you can reach me on WhatsApp. 09067435739

hi, I posted that I needed an eBay account , you sent me mail but I can no more access it. Please can you send me your mobile number so I can contact you
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 2:23pm On Mar 20
god2good:
The story sweet and encouraging
Nah just marketing strategy jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by 007lawyer: 9:35am On Mar 21
I have summarized the rights of landlords and tenants in Nigeria in this article.

https://olamideoyetayolegal.com/the-legal-rights-of-landlords-and-tenants-in-nigeria/
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by Arafoundation1: 12:38pm On Mar 23
ibabz:

**Lesson one.**

**Lesson two. **

**Third Lesson.**

Why this long epistle?

The Features
3. Affordable Farmland.

Lol. You didn't lose N100m.
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by ibabz(m): 7:23am On Mar 24
Arafoundation1:

Lol. You didn't lose N100m.

Well, opportunity once lost?
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by CodeTemplar: 1:46pm On Mar 24
Hmmm... Na who she food chop dey buy land nowadays. Good exposé though.
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by Arafoundation1: 4:13pm On Mar 24
ibabz:

Well, opportunity once lost?
Going by that everyone alive has lost billions of naira.
Re: How I Lost Over N100million Naira, Plus How You. Can Avoid The Same Mistake. by ibabz(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24
Arafoundation1:

Going by that everyone alive has lost billions of naira.

Depends on what you missed, not what you wished.

(1) (Reply)

Poultry Farm Offer For Sales / 9 Acres Of Farmland For Sale In Ibadan. / Ifarms Agric. E-journal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.