Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? (16602 Views)

Buhari’s Political Decisions Not Influenced By Cabal – Presidency / Osinbajo, Tinubu Taking APC By Storm / Jimmy Kimmel: Is President Buhari A Clone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by PointZerom: 7:02am On Feb 27
cheesy

Nothing special. GEJ would have removed the fuel subsidy if not for this criminal.

5 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by adioolayi(m): 7:02am On Feb 27
I think he is...

The consequences are just unbearable for now... especially for we the masses ..

I hope we get relief soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by nairalanda1(m): 7:05am On Feb 27
ElSudani:
Anyone who is not ready to take hard decisions is not really ready to change Nigeria.
The easiest thing for Tinubu is to embark on a populist illusion and kick the can down the road like others did.
But, will that help Nigeria? NO.

He still hasn't removed fuel and electrical subsidy and hasn't gone after the corrupt

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by LordBillionz: 7:06am On Feb 27
ivandragon:
Fine. But how come it is only the masses that have to tighten thier belts? What sacrifices are the political office holders making?

Appointing over 40 ministers in these times of little.

Spending over 500m for a week's meeting in US.

Jamboree in Dubai for climate change and granting scarce forex to a known abacha bagman, his children and wh×res masquerading as media personalities. People who have no business with climate change.

Taking private trips with presidential jet.

Allocating billions for vehicles for his wife, yatch and other elected officials.

Cruising in 100+ long car convoys.

Approving over 500m (potentially 1b) to a 37 man committee that shouldn't sit more than 5 times if they know what they are doing and are sincere.

The frivolities and excesses of this regime abound, but they want the masses to bear with them while they bask in luxuries.

That is how majority of you blindly supported buhari till his gross incompetence and corruption fueling style was exposed. Now you have shifted to the next failure and providing blind justifications even when it is glaring that the man cares nothing beyond being president.
They won't list these because they want to push a narrative.

They will selectively chose what they think are his right decisions regardless of the impact on the masses.

They are masters of propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by WakeUpNigerians: 7:07am On Feb 27
StOla:

You mean the saint who had already borrowed the crude oil sales income for the future and who already realised that there is no money to pay subsidy anymore so he removed it and then reintroduced it, only to remove it again with a post date of end of June 2023?

Una too dey mumu.

It is not Tinubu that stole your future, and he has refused to steal the future of your children.

So no more freeloading.

It is easy for Tinubu to take the easy route to win your support, but he will take the hard route to lose your support but provide a future for your children.

Who is deceiving this guy?

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Stephench: 7:07am On Feb 27
It's not bold and brave decision if the fallout of the decision doesn't affect you in any way. It will not make you go hungry or go to bed on empty stomach. It's not called bravery, it's called wickedness.

Throwing 80% of Nigerians into abject poverty at the same time increasing your own allowances - excluding the billions you're embezzling is the height of wickedness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by lexy2014: 7:08am On Feb 27
abc115:

Removed Fuel subsidy
Removed Forex subsidy
Now Fully implementing the Oronsaye report.

President Tinubu is taking the BOLDEST, BRAVEST POLITICAL DECISION by any president in the history of this country. Again, if you are still in doubt, Tinubu will be best decision Nigerians ever took.

ass licking in the highest.

how have all these so called "BOLDEST, BRAVEST POLITICAL DECISION" improved standard of living, reduced inflation, improved security, created jobs, reduced corruption and fulfilled section 14 (2b) of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by keylogger(m): 7:09am On Feb 27
Most of you don't know it's British Petroleum and not Nigeria's.
Till now , we should wonder why we don't have a working Refinery to sell petroleum products to the rest of Africa.

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Djele: 7:09am On Feb 27
The man is desperate to remain as president but the protest will snowball into a revolution

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Bluffly: 7:10am On Feb 27
He should take hard decisions to run a lean government and not just to tell Nigerians to manage first. The government too should manage by drastically reducing cost of governance thereby reducing government charges on doing business

4 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by lexy2014: 7:11am On Feb 27
adioolayi:
I think he is...

The consequences are just unbearable for now... especially for we the masses ..

I hope we get relief soon.

you "think he is" but yet "The consequences are just unbearable for now".

how then do you think that he is?

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Ps360: 7:12am On Feb 27
ElSudani:
Anyone who is not ready to take hard decisions is not really ready to change Nigeria.
The easiest thing for Tinubu is to embark on a populist illusion and kick the can down the road like others did.
But, will that help Nigeria? NO.
The end they say will justify the means. With this kind of negative end that is steering at us in the eyes I doubt his bravery bro!

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Alawode01(m): 7:14am On Feb 27
Citizens from zoo country will never see anything good in it, and the sitting president is not a coward like their brother black mkt dealer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by adioolayi(m): 7:14am On Feb 27
lexy2014:

you "think he is" but yet "The consequences are just unbearable for now".

how then do you think that he is?

The question is if he is taking bold political decisions...and the answer is YES.

I have only expressed my views that the consequences of those decisions are unbearable for now.

Past governments are not ready to face these consequences...hence the reason they run away from it...save for President Jonathan..he removed the subsidy but doesn't have that bold political will to stand his ground.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Bankkym: 7:16am On Feb 27
Lumarstone:
To what an end? Of what impact does that his brave decisions have on Nigerians as at today 26/2/2024? Please never you try to defend leadership failure at it's peak. Is this how oversea first class account scholar handle economy of a nation like ours?

This man has made former PMB led immediate past Government to be a saint.

Nigerians are indeed suffering bro!

When has Nigerians ever enjoyed? Please tell us

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by nitt: 7:20am On Feb 27
Wow!!!

This is supposedly a human being with a functional brain defending and praising this government even with all that has/is going on in front of our eyes.

Smh 🤦🏾

This country has to be under a curse or something. It's the only explanation left.

Even an animal wouldn't reason this way not to talk of a human being.

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Ballo1292(m): 7:26am On Feb 27
Lumarstone:
To what an end? Of what impact does that his brave decisions have on Nigerians as at today 26/2/2024? Please never you try to defend leadership failure at it's peak. Is this how oversea first class account scholar handle economy of a nation like ours?

You are myopic and see no further than your nose.

Many of you young lads don't know what is going on, hence you spew baldadash everywhere.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by lexy2014: 7:30am On Feb 27
Putindbutt:
Add state police, electricity bill and new constitution.
Jagaban no be their mate.

this "Jagaban" that not their mate, how has he used his office to improve the standard of living of Nigerians, reduced inflation, provided security, fought corruption and provided employment?

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by lexy2014: 7:31am On Feb 27
Ballo1292:

You are myopic and see no further than your nose.

Many of you young lads don't know what is going on, hence you spew baldadash everywhere.

how is he myopic and does not see further than his nose?

how does all you have said negate the points he made?
Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by lexy2014: 7:34am On Feb 27
adioolayi:

The question is if he is taking bold political decisions...and the answer is YES.

I have only expressed my views that the consequences of those decisions are unbearable for now.

Past governments are not ready to face these consequences...hence the reason they run away from it...save for President Jonathan..he removed the subsidy but doesn't have that bold political will to stand his ground.

if you say the so called "bold political decisions" have now inflicted on you "unbearable consequences", how then are they "bold political decisions"?

is Tinubu also experiencing the "unbearable consequences" of his "bold political decisions" that you say you are experiencing?

what consequences were past governments not ready to face?

how is removing fuel subsidy a "bold political decision"?

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by brain54(m): 7:43am On Feb 27
My only gruise...

Is him not putting measures adequate enough to cushion the effects of his hard/bold decisions!

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by ivandragon: 7:47am On Feb 27
Alawode01:
Citizens from zoo country will never see anything good in it, and the sitting president is not a coward like their brother black mkt dealer.

Another stale tale.

Bat admitted that subsidy cabals approached him to take his cut but he refused.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/i-could-have-asked-for-my-share-of-fuel-subsidy-but-god-forbid-tinubu/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjAzqbn9cqEAxVHQ0EAHZ50CfsQFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw0RqaTjmZ6bg7J2NaQyImsr

A brave president would have squarely faced the cabal and dealt with them.

But the coward chose to take the easy way out by pushing the burden to over 200m Nigerians rather than emancipate them from a few hundred economic terrorists.

So, if anyone is a coward, it is BAT...

2 Likes

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Kukutenla: 7:51am On Feb 27
adioolayi:

You missed the question. The question is if he's taking the boldest, bravest political decisions by ANY president in the history of this country.

The answer is a direct NO.
He's not the first president to attempt to remove subsidy.
He's not the first president to try to float/devalue our currency
He's not the first president to declare implementation of Oronsaye report

Instead, he had reversed most of those decisions.

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Kukutenla: 7:52am On Feb 27
brain54:
My only gruise...

Is him not putting measures adequate enough to cushion the effects of his hard/bold decisions!
Maybe because he doesn't have the capacity to
Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Bintasukai: 7:52am On Feb 27
Lumarstone:

Oh shut up!

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by Keegan: 7:56am On Feb 27
Djele:
The man is desperate to remain as president but the protest will snowball into a revolution

Wishful thinking. Nothing like revolution gonna happen now.
Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by VanuatuWycombe: 8:10am On Feb 27
aariwa:
Lol…First 2 put the people that are protesting for food in their starvation state and the last one means literally that at least 30% of civil servants are going to lose their jobs in the next few months and those salaries that would no longer be paid to them will account as tinubu’s savings..how is this considered a success to a sane mind or in a sane country? I always pray every day for God to give people without IQs at least a little so that they can replace their new found IQ in place of envy, jealousy and bitterness towards people more successful than them

You know how many billions of Naira those 30% have stolen and are still stealing as at this morning?

Those rog.ue that nearly 90% of them were employed through the back door? Let them go and be using the billions they have stolen to feed their families and run their businesses.
Must they work and die under FG?

They may escape it in this world and you could forgive them. Me o, I do not forgive them in this life and on the day of judgement.

It is good our state governments too try and downsize, so that there would be fund to provide infrastructure.
I know Artificial Intelligence may take years before it is embraced in Nigeria o, but let Nigerian governments embrace technology in running their ministries or offices.
Works that 100 civil servants are doing and stea!ing billions from it can be done by just 5 people when using automation.

Go to common private clinics like CLINIX in Lagos and see. Once you are registered at the receptionists table, most other things are handled by either 1 or 2 staff. Others are handled by automation.
Nobody is carrying files around.

I doubt if there’s one local government in Nigeria that is automated let alone any Primary Healthcare center. Na soso paper-paper-file-file.
Dem sw.ear for Nigeira ni make e no use better things? Haba! May be it’s because the civil servants are so local and crude and at the same time they are corr,upt.

There was a year I went to licensing office when they were at New Garage in Oworonsoki, for my driver’s license renewal. Walahi a single file that more than 13 staff attended to can be attended to by just 1 staff even in that manual way of working. I saw what all the 13 staff did on my file. It either one put a paper inside my file or he or she would just inscribe a pen on it as if he or she was signing and then would pass the file to another staff.
Then I wondered what of if this process was to be automated? It meant no staff, out of those 13, was needed in that office. There won’t be need for any stationery, fan, AC cost etc being spent on such office.

It’s because you are still where you are and haven’t be exposed to how better offices are run, that’s why you a thinking like that.

Anybody who doesn’t work for governments would benefit from infrastructure that governments provide and can then either work elsewhere or run their own businesses.

Just one ERP can run the whole affair of our state and federal governments. I mean just one. They will only be sharing the license cost and cost of users and cost of IT support service.

Let me shock you.
All Indian companies who use SAP in Nigeria are hooked to just one SAP license from India. From OK Foods, to Chi, to Afriprint, to Walcot, to TGI, to Olam etc. they run on just 1 SAP license cost and it’s extremely cheaper. Every company just created its own company in the ERP and have permissions sets as required.

In SAP hierarchy, you can create up to 999 OPERATING CONCERNS (what lay man can call or see as organizations but it is bigger than organization) in JUST one SAP license and each organization can create so many CONTROLLING AREAS, under one CONTROLLING AREA, you can create unlimited COMPANY CODE and under each COMPANY CODE, you can create so many PLANTS.

Let me use a private company to explain what I have just stated above. The hierarchy is broader than the way I have summarized it above o.
Assuming we are using Coca-Cola company as an example of a company who is using one blanket SAP incense for its staff, the OPERATING CONCERN would be like Coca-Cola Group in Atlanta.
The controlling area is like Coca-Cola Africa.
The Plant can be each plant account opened in Asejire Ibadan, Abuja, Agidingbi Ikeja, Kaduna Plant etc.

So just one SAP ERP for public sector can run our FG, our geo political zones, our states, local governments etc. They will just be sharing licensing cost.

I do not say they should buy SAP and jettison whatever software they could be using o. Any state is free to buy whatever ERP it likes but there is an option of our federal, state, and local governments to hook into just one ERP and host it in cloud and share the cost. Wash state can, as well, buy its respective software and hook its local government to it and free up people in that secretariat who are there just gossiping and bleeping themselves.

It’s the configuration that would be different. They have just one support service team centrally.

Our governors too should stop employing people indiscriminately, all the name of doing politics.
As senior staff retires, move the next staff up and there would be room at the bottom to recruit only a few hands that are needed.

Nigeria matter too deep. Abeg. Too deep than Mariana Trench.

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by KaptainAfrika: 8:14am On Feb 27
I guess you can take "bold decisions" when it does not affect you.
Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by GodHimself: 8:15am On Feb 27
Delayed gratification.

Lumarstone:

1 Like

Re: Is President Tinubu Taking The Boldest Political Decisions? by joseph1832(m): 8:16am On Feb 27
Well, any decision he makes, as long as Nigerians can't continue to buy things cheap, they'll complain and abuse Tinubu.

So, if a president makes the wrongest decision, as long as Nigerians buy cheap food, cheap petrol, they don't pay for electricity, they'll always celebrate that president. That's the way many Nigerians are programmed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Is A Superior Presidential Material To Buhari - By Femi Aribisala / Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War / Don't Do Business In Your Home - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.