Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji (27404 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by igwebuike01: 9:53pm On Feb 26
seunmsg:

Funny enough, Barth Nnaji was minister of power during the Goodluck Jonathan administration. He was forced out of office for corruption and conflict of interest in the privation process.
He stepped down during the privatisation to give the process more credibility because his company was bidding for EEDC. Namadi sambo later changed the rules and extended deadline to favour Emeka Offor (Inter state) who siezed Aba ring fence given to Geometric by Obasanjo regime. They later settled and Nnaji paid Emeka Offor to reclaim distribution in Aba ring fence

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Kilometres: 9:57pm On Feb 26
Massiveglory:
Geometric power project is Nigeria’s only integrated power project.
It is Licensed to both generate and distribute electricity

Nigeria has one of the best brain in the world in matters of power, in Prof. Barth nnaji but tribalism , nepotism , useless politicking and stupidity has kept the natoon in darkness.

Nnaji also revealed that if the 188-megawatt Geometric Power Plant in Aba and the Aba Power distribution company in Osisioma Industrial Layout had been situated in Ikeja, the Ilupeju Industrial Estate in Lagos State, the Agbara Industrial Layout in Ogun State, or somewhere in the vicinity of the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja, they would have been more profitable ventures.

“The return on investment would have been quicker and bigger (in these locations)

Nothing can give as much fulfillment and satisfaction as working wholeheartedly for your people,” he added.

End of story.

From the quote you boldened.... can't you see your so called technocrat is nothing but a bigot.

He even used his own mouth to confess it.

He chose his ethnic place over a place he admitted would have been more 'profitable for such venture'

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Strafudeen: 9:59pm On Feb 26
seunmsg:

Just tell Barth to stop stealing Alex Otti’s project. Alex Otti started the project and completed it within 6 months. Barth should stop clauking ownership. - Obidients.

See how this thing just dey pain you...kai!!! These people ooooo

Kai!!!!

Ronuuuuuuuu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by swagana: 10:01pm On Feb 26
seunmsg:

Just tell Barth to stop stealing Alex Otti’s project. Alex Otti started the project and completed it within 6 months. Barth should stop clauking ownership. - Obidients.

Does it really matter whether the project was started by Bath Nnaji or Alex Otti?
All that mattered is that Igbo sons and daughters came together and made it possible.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Massiveglory: 10:01pm On Feb 26
Kilometres:

From the quote you boldened.... can't you see your so called technocrat is nothing but a bigot.

He chose his ethnic place over a place he admitted would have been more 'profitable venture'

Your brains are usual filled with how you can benefit yourself. How you can grab this and grab that while your people line out for 50 strokes of koboko for one bread. That is why ebbinpawa is hitting .

A man who sacrificed personal gains to give the south east something of a life time is a legend.

This is not propaganda
This not he gave us the blue rail abi white rail.
This is not " tinubu built lagos " gaslight.

This is a private intiative of man who looked beyond personal gains to benefit millions of people in the south east.

Cry harder.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Goodvibes007: 10:01pm On Feb 26
Ikpeazu’s Footprints In Geometric Power Project Success Story

IT was James Freeman Clarke, an American Church minister, theologian and author, who once famously said that: “A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman thinks of the next generation.”

Right now, Clarke and other like-minded philosophers would be turning in their graves as a majority of our political leaders have stuck to being just politicians, refusing to graduate to becoming statesmen who work for the good of the people, including the generations after them. And unless they see political power as a call to service, they are satisfied just with having their names attached to mean feats that do not positively impact generations beyond theirs.

That is why those who seek elective offices with the genuine intention of impacting the people usually leave legacies that would not only outlast themselves but also upon which generations after them can build and develop.

So, when the immediate past Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, took it upon himself in 2018 to intervene in the four-year imbroglio that stalled the Independent Power Project operated by Geometric Power that should have served Aba and its environs with uninterrupted 24-hour electricity, it was in response to his natural instinct to do everything within his powers to ensure that the people enjoyed the dividends of democracy even if such benefits would only eventually start yielding fruits after his tenure as governor.

He stated this much when he went on a tour of the multi-billion dollar facility installed by Geometric Power Project at the Osisioma Industrial Layout, alongside the promoter, Professor Barth Nnaji and other key members of the company on the February 23, 2022. At the tour, Ikpeazu had stated that the power project was “the fulcrum upon which the industrial development of Aba, Abia, and the South East will revolve“.

He then added: “Two years from today, the story of economic development in Aba and Abia State will take a completely different turn. Things will not remain the same again around here, and anyone who hasn’t concluded plans to have presence here is already late”.

Exactly two years after that statement, the entire state is agog with the prospect of that vision coming to fruition as the power project is due for commissioning today, February 26, 2024.

However, the journey to the development was not without its challenges. It was a road plated with thorns but which only a determined leader with a genuine concern for the people could help to overcome.

The Chief Emeka Offor-owned Interstate Electric Company Ltd was a core investor in the Enugu Electricity Distribution licence issued when the Federal Government unbundled the power sector. Prior to that time, the Federal Government had issued the licence for an independent power project to cover Aba and its environs to Geometric Power. However, this sale was, by omission, not disclosed to Interstate Electric Company at the time of issuing it the EEDC licence leading to tussles between the two power giants, that stalled the take off of the independent power project by Geometric for four years.

In a bid to ensure that such an important project did not go into extinction, given its strategic benefits to the people and area as an industrial, technological and commercial hub of not just Abia State but also that of the entire South- East and beyond, Ikpeazu took it upon himself to intervene and initiated several meetings between Geometric Power and Interstate Electric Company Ltd with a view to amicably resolving the matter in the overall interest of the people. He further escalated the issue with the then Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, and after several follow-up meetings, the matter was amicably resolved.

However, with the four-year hiatus caused by the dispute, the financial obligations of Geometric to the project had risen as a result of depreciation to equipment, galloping interest rates on loans, inflation, etc. It got stuck again.

Short of the humongous finance needed to resuscitate the project, the only way out was to seek more loans. But having been exposed to loans running into millions of dollars already, it would be near-impossible to secure fresh loans for the project unless there were water-tight guarantees. But Ikpeazu would not give up. He went with the Geometric team led by Prof Barth Nnaji to the headquarters of African Export-Import, AFREXIM, Bank in Cairo, Egypt, and to South Africa, to help facilitate the loans needed to get the project back to life again, and gave guarantees in his capacity as Governor of the host state.

These steps were taken by the then governor despite the difficulties and intricacies involved in the entire process because of his belief that governance must transcend leaders who must have the next generation in mind while implementing policies and projects, and creating the needed favourable environment for private ventures to not only survive but also to thrive in their domains. He was ready to weather the storm with Geometric, and pull all plugs just to have that private investment revived, for the people and generations after. It was for such reasons as this that Ikpeazu rightly earned the befitting title of a ‘Transgenerational Leader’ among Abians.

Abians cannot discount the efforts of Ikpeazu to ensure that the project was revived without which there would possibly not have been a project to commission today. Abians can also not discount the fact that Ikpeazu’s guarantee as governor helped to facilitate the AFREXIM Bank loan that eventually saved the project from going into extinction.

So, as Aba and its environs become the first vicinities in Nigeria to start enjoying 24-hour uninterrupted power supply from today, February 26, we must not forget the critical players who made it happen, chief among whom are Prof Barth Nnaji and Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu. Posterity will surely be kind to both leaders!

Copied from this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/8013509/ikpeazus-footprints-geometric-power-project#128663547

5 Likes

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Jogs1900: 10:03pm On Feb 26
Massiveglory:
Geometric power project is Nigeria’s only integrated power project.
It is Licensed to both generate and distribute electricity

Nigeria has one of the best brain in the world in matters of power, in Prof. Barth nnaji but tribalism , nepotism , useless politicking and stupidity has kept the natoon in darkness.

Nnaji also revealed that if the 188-megawatt Geometric Power Plant in Aba and the Aba Power distribution company in Osisioma Industrial Layout had been situated in Ikeja, the Ilupeju Industrial Estate in Lagos State, the Agbara Industrial Layout in Ogun State, or somewhere in the vicinity of the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja, they would have been more profitable ventures.

“The return on investment would have been quicker and bigger (in these locations)

Nothing can give as much fulfillment and satisfaction as working wholeheartedly for your people,” he added.

End of story.
Is the one in Omoku not integrated power project? What's your source ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Jokerman(m): 10:03pm On Feb 26
naija4life247:

You are very right. APC also stopped Olusegun Obasanjo and Yar'Adua from appointing him, and APC also held Goatluck Jonathan down at GUN point to sack the man after Goatluck appointed him.

You need medical examination

Calling an Elder Goatluck...

Is that not a mumuish thing to do?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Massiveglory: 10:07pm On Feb 26
Jogs1900:

Is the one in Omoku not integrated power project? What's your source ?

No be only omoku, it is ondokun.
Geometric is Nigeria's only independent power project generating and distributing electricity.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by LMS1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26
Please anyone in uyo should help me with a work, any work... Also I'm so broke now pls help a brother nothing is too small i
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Jogs1900: 10:12pm On Feb 26
Massiveglory:

No be only omoku, it is ondokun.
Geometric is Nigeria's only independent power project generating and distributing electricity.
Continue bragging on top lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by BBIA: 10:13pm On Feb 26
LMS1:
Please anyone in uyo should help me with a work, any work... Also I'm so broke now pls help a brother nothing is too small i
can you babysit?

if baby poos you wash and change diapers, you feed the baby and so on.. 10k per month fulltime. accommodation is free. you will be living with the couple. cool
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by LMS1(m): 10:34pm On Feb 26
BBIA:

can you babysit?

if baby poos you wash and change diapers, you feed the baby and so on.. 10k per month fulltime. accommodation is free. you will be living with the couple. cool
I'm a man not a lady bro. But thanks for reaching out

1 Like

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by BBIA: 10:35pm On Feb 26
LMS1:
but you said anything grin
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by IGBOSON1: 10:42pm On Feb 26
danijesus:
Great man

…..Great deeds!
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by IGBOSON1: 10:43pm On Feb 26
LMS1:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by julaion: 11:27pm On Feb 26
LMS1:
shame no dey catch ur papa??
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by EzeCanada: 12:14am On Feb 27
Living legend!
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by GoodLife4live: 5:09am On Feb 27
SoNature:

Corruption? That's a big lie!

Conflict of interest? Yes!

Dude was already building power stations all over the place before he was made power minister. Afterwards, he was asked to step aside during privatisation because he cannot set the examination and still participate in it.

However, the time he was power minister, Nigerians experienced a significant improvement in power supply. No, I don't expect you to admit this because you are a typical APC glutton who will write or say anything to defend these crooks in power!

Under APC, national grid dey collapse like say tomorrow no dey! APC is a curse to Nigeria!
liar
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by SoNature(m): 5:33am On Feb 27
Kilometres:

He chose his ethnic place over a place he admitted would have been more 'profitable for such venture'

Keep waiting for Igbo people to develop your Lagos. Tomorrow, MC Oluomo and his gang won't let him vote in the same place he invested 800 million dollars in.

FYI, someone has got to make the first move to attract investors to his region. He's not a bigot; prof loves his people. Compare the number of Yorubas who invested in the East with that of the Igbos who invested in the South West. Then, you know who the bigots are.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Difrent: 5:47am On Feb 27
SoNature:
If not that APC members love politics more than their lives, these are the kinds of technocrats that should be made the power minister.

Na for APC government lawyer be power and aviation ministers. Those people don't care about development; they are just after the next election!

What if he has declined their offer. Not everybody want a political appointment from APC.....afterall Barth is a konc PDP man

It's a fallacy to believe there are no technocrats in every tribe and your last line is wrong as PDP was also guilty of it
And in Politics... Things don't work that way..... What if they have many lawyers in the party.....should lawyers not be given appointment elsewhere because they can't find a place for them in the Judiciary?
Or
What if the Lawyer has expertise in energy Law.... Can't he be energy minister?
So if the ministerial nominee from your state is a lawyer and the only position available for him is Aviation will you say he should not take the appointment because it isn't legally related?

1 Like

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by kingthreat(m): 6:14am On Feb 27
We need more Barth Nnajis in Nigeria. And we need to allow visionaries like them to express their full potentials.
Congrats to Aba people and the Igbos in general.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by gidgiddy: 6:24am On Feb 27
Kilometres:

So you people tell Igbos to go and develope their land, and when an Igbo man goes to develope his land, he becomes a bigot?

Goal post changers everywhere

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:16am On Feb 27
Okay
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Bankkym: 7:24am On Feb 27
SoNature:
If not that APC members love politics more than their lives, these are the kinds of technocrats that should be made the power minister.

Na for APC government lawyer be power and aviation ministers. Those people don't care about development; they are just after the next election!

Are you learning stupidity? Was berth Nnaji not a formal minister of power? You blame government for everything, even when you can't impregnate your wife

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Decryptor(m): 7:28am On Feb 27
SoNature:

In a gathering of vultures, the white Dove is not considered as an ally.

That's what APC is all about.
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by chigo32: 7:28am On Feb 27
My brother u are on point, under pdp the Smartest brain were appointed
SoNature:

3 Likes

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by Decryptor(m): 7:29am On Feb 27
Kilometres:

You are in severe pains. It has only begin. grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by HeroicMeastro: 7:35am On Feb 27
SoNature:

What has he done to improve the country's power sector when he was a minister?

1 Like

Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by olumike001(m): 7:36am On Feb 27
naija4life247:

You are very right. APC also stopped Olusegun Obasanjo and Yar'Adua from appointing him, and APC also held Goatluck Jonathan down at GUN point to sack the man after Goatluck appointed him.

Don't mind them, the man during GEJ tenure he said withhis plans, power can only be stable 2022 then....the Gen Z and social media politicians then came for his head, many of this so called Gen Z praising him now we're shouting for his head then. I see a generation that knows nothing but claim to know it all especially with the gift of making social noise.
Re: Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji by rallymento(m): 7:37am On Feb 27
The fact that both of you didn't know he was a former minister of power says a lot about the level of information you have.
naija4life247:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto / PDP Dumps Plans To Seek Review Of Supreme Court Judgments / Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.