Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated (37992 Views)

Oronsaye Report: Tinubu May Stop Army Varsity, NDA Merger – Zulum / Tinubu Considers Oronsaye Report, May Merge Govt Agencies / Senate Proposes 376 New Agencies, Shuns Oronsaye Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Greenfaces: 12:42pm On Feb 27
Lol
Omo agencies and ministries dey this Nigeria before oooo

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Image123(m): 12:45pm On Feb 27
A much ado needless distraction IMHO.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Believeintruth: 12:47pm On Feb 27
Lifestone:

What we should ask is why Jonathan didn't implement such a wonderful report as this despite issuing a white paper on it. Look at the Constitutional amendment that Jonathan did, he couldn't implement.
Buhari too did not have the ball to implement this report too.
I salute PBAT on this.
I salute the President for his courage.

before you start saluting know this that PMB and GEJ also implemented the Orosanye report. so what really is Tinubu implementing?
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by liasmiram2567: 12:48pm On Feb 27
nnachukz:

Someone that is just ransacking the archive to see anything he can just hurry up and sign even without understanding anything there. Once he is told it will not affect him and his boys directly, fiam, he signs.

Wailing wailers that never see any good in the government. CONTINUE TO WAIL. YOU'LL WAIL TILL ETERNITY.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Maj196(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27
Useless and irrelevant agencies just dey chop money anyhow
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by greatseed: 12:54pm On Feb 27
nnachukz:

Someone that is just ransacking the archive to see anything he can just hurry up and sign even without understanding anything there. Once he is told it will not affect him and his boys directly, fiam, he signs.
You are dull sha!

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by qtx(m): 12:54pm On Feb 27
SpaceMarshall:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/672110-oronsaye-report-full-list-of-agencies-to-be-scrapped-merged-relocated.html
There is nothing too special about this report. At the end, it will just save, like, 20% of the cost. But i think the most comprehensive report is the 2014 Confab report. BAT should look at that instead, or together.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by luskysylver(m): 12:56pm On Feb 27
I PRAY THE REASON FOR THIS WELL ME POSITIVE. AS I NO TRUST THIS GOVERNMENT THEM NEVER PROVE ME WRONG..
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by trutht828: 1:01pm On Feb 27
spinna:
All those tinubu is clueless people will not talk now..soon they'll eat their own hair and hats join

It's obvious this presidency is trying and making efforts

Yes. Tinubu is a clueless fool.

He first created new ministries and agencies when he took over. Then few months later, he started something else.

Why create new ministries and agencies when you were still going to reduce them.

Doesn't your mind show you how stupid this is?

2 Likes

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by dettolgel: 1:03pm On Feb 27
spinna:
All those tinubu is clueless people will not talk now..soon they'll eat their own hair and hats join

In as much as I salute his courage to implement this report, I am a bit skeptical.

Why did previous government not implement it?

Did Tinubu do in depth consultation to understand why it was never implemented?

The reason I asked is that subsidy removal and floating of naira were on the table for several years and no government dared to touch it. Even Buhari did it in such away that subsidy removal will not be done in his tenure.

Tinubu came in and wanted to secure quick wins and start implementing those things without thinking properly. We all know it ended.

For the sake of all of us, I wish his rash implementation of other people's idea without thinking it through or even modifying it to suit the current reality on ground works. Because if it works it works for all us including the masses but if it fails we the masses will suffer it most.

3 Likes

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by trutht828: 1:04pm On Feb 27
Lifestone:

What we should ask is why Jonathan didn't implement such a wonderful report as this despite issuing a white paper on it. Look at the Constitutional amendment that Jonathan did, he couldn't implement.
Buhari too did not have the ball to implement this report too.
I salute PBAT on this.
I salute the President for his courage.

The white paper for the report (The modus operandi) wasn't submitted until 2017 during tinubu backed buhari's government.

Leave Jonathan out of APC's failure
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by phemray(m): 1:06pm On Feb 27
gurujoe:
These are agencies where corruption is working in a broad daylight

With determination Nigerian will surely work again. The over pampering of how people will feel on issues/ policies discomfort should stop and the bold steps to cleansing the system is welcome. Another pains and cry will come with these scraps and relocation and merging but the end is the best for all Nigerian.
Simply because 35 years in service of civil servants is guaranteed no matter what, is the main reasons for unprofessional and unproductive conducts. Unlike the private sector, you are not professional,creative, productive or in misconducts, then you are shown out of the gate with or without facing panel. Imagine staffs of ministries resuming @ 9 or 10 am when the official time is 8am and expecting salaries. Which banker will be coming to work at 10am and expected nothing to happen.?
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by NinjaMetahuman: 1:07pm On Feb 27
So.many useless agencies that you don't even know existed.

No wonder there are a lot of ghost workers in Nigeria.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Fearurcreeator: 1:08pm On Feb 27
nnachukz:
At the end of the day, it is still the already traumatized masses that will suffer and not the politicians with their extravagant lifestyle.
You get money these guys get before them enter politics, if you don't go sleep...
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Oluwaseunomo: 1:12pm On Feb 27
nnachukz:
At the end of the day, it is still the already traumatized masses that will suffer and not the politicians with their extravagant lifestyle.
Anybody wey wan suffer make e suffer this people in this parastatal are burden they're useless they're only good for corruption and embezzlement the ones wey there workers Don thief Don do.. If na that one go make dem suffer na there story be that.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Nursepepeye(f): 1:16pm On Feb 27
gurujoe:
NEMA is number one, huge budgetary allocation for humanitarian aid but let water carry everybody go, you won ear anything from them. Except they will letter show up with huge expenditure
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by allthingsgood: 1:16pm On Feb 27
gurujoe:

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by phemray(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27
dettolgel:

In as much as I salute his courage to implement this report, I am a bit skeptical.

The reason I asked is that subsidy removal and floating of naira were on the table for several years and no government dared to touch it. Even Buhari did it in such away that subsidy removal will not be done in his tenure.

Tinubu came in and wanted to secure quick wins and start implementing those things without thinking properly. We all know it ended.

For the sake of all of us, I wish his rash implementation of other people's idea without thinking it through or even modifying it to suit the current reality on ground works. Because if it works it works for all us including the masses but if it fails we the masses will suffer it most.

Oga your are correct but go and verify, all other government you mentioned can never implement it because they don't have the courage to face the consequences. Simple. Even OBI and Atiku can never implement all these because everyone is afraid of the pains it comes with it. Tinubu no send you because he knows too well that it's going to be painful but necessary for better future. He is the only visionary leader from private sector experience at delivering results. All previous presidents are civil service experienced. Why most people don't feel too bad is that, During campaign Tinubu stated that no matter how long you protest, subsidy will be removed and naira will be floated ( NLC were carried along). If everyone keeps pampering the situation when exactly are we going to be done. Let's face it once.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Lifestone(m): 1:20pm On Feb 27
trutht828:

The white paper for the report (The modus operandi) wasn't submitted until 2017 during tinubu backed buhari's government.

Leave Jonathan out of APC's failure
Who's to do his white paper for him? He started a good job but couldn't finish it because of lack of courage. Same thing with Buhari
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by allthingsgood: 1:21pm On Feb 27
dettolgel:

This is the most sensible comment i have read today
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Lifestone(m): 1:21pm On Feb 27
Believeintruth:

before you start saluting know this that PMB and GEJ also implemented the Orosanye report. so what really is Tinubu implementing?
Why not mention what they implemented
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by gloryman91: 1:30pm On Feb 27
FRSC is missing on the list, hope 💰 has not exchange ✋🏃🕺🥺.

Bribery and Corruption everywhere.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Believeintruth: 1:35pm On Feb 27
Lifestone:

Why not mention what they implemented

Google is your friend, why are you afraid of using it?
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Obinoscopy(m): 1:39pm On Feb 27
This is a good development. All the buildings where those agencies/parastatals were staying should be evacuated. All workers employed should be absorbed into the parent agency/ministry. The next step however is to set up modalities to ensure that civil servants are efficient in the duties and are not lazying about. Sack or suspend any civil servant who is not serious. However before you do that, you MUST increase their salary. The money saved from this merger can be used to do that.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Cmanforall: 1:42pm On Feb 27
SpaceMarshall:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/672110-oronsaye-report-full-list-of-agencies-to-be-scrapped-merged-relocated.html
So many agencies in Nigeria.
There are some agencies some people may be looting money from, and most Nigerians won't even know nor complain
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by dettolgel: 1:47pm On Feb 27
Nursepepeye:
NEMA is number one, huge budgetary allocation for humanitarian aid but let water carry everybody go, you won ear anything from them. Except they will letter show up with huge expenditure

I heard that there was a time they got funds both from within and abroad to assist flood victims. Before NEMA could go in and do assessments and cross all the red tapes. When they eventually started giving out the goods 90% of the rice was already rotten.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by MrUchenna1(m): 1:48pm On Feb 27
Theory.....
Let's wait for the practical...that is the koko
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by dettolgel: 1:53pm On Feb 27
phemray:

Oga your are correct but go and verify, all other government you mentioned can never implement it because they don't have the courage to face the consequences. Simple. Even OBI and Atiku can never implement all these because everyone is afraid of the pains it comes with it. Tinubu no send you because he knows too well that it's going to be painful but necessary for better future. He is the only visionary leader from private sector experience at delivering results. All previous presidents are civil service experienced. Why most people don't feel too bad is that, During campaign Tinubu stated that no matter how long you protest, subsidy will be removed and naira will be floated ( NLC were carried along). If everyone keeps pampering the situation when exactly are we going to be done. Let's face it once.

I salute his courage to take such bold steps and I respect him for that.

My only concern is that for instance the removal of subsidy (which it seems we are still paying for) and the float of naira could have been done in such a way that the impact on the masses wouldn't have been this bad. If subsidy was removed while naira was stable I don't think we would have had it this bad.

As for the merging/scrapping of agencies I personally do not see any drawbacks (don't take my word for it I am not an expert), it is just that his strategy of "copy and paste" might need a little modification to suits the reality on ground.

All in all I agree change is usually tough to accept I pray for our good and that of everyone in Nigeria that all his moves work out well.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Godfullsam(m): 1:54pm On Feb 27
I hope this will not lead to job loss?

This is not the time to stay without a job o shocked
Because even those that are working are complaining of hardship talk more of those that are without a means of income.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by DAVIDELUXED: 1:55pm On Feb 27
what PDP saw 12years ago APC is catching a glimpse. truly Nigeria is in trouble.this level of visionless politicking by APC will send Her to the grave. May God help us.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by Yestogood: 2:04pm On Feb 27
spinna:

This is a knee - jerk reaction. You dont need to make the entire population beggers before you make this token gesture. If anything, the upcoming merger will breed even more corruption.
Re: Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated by RaptorX: 2:14pm On Feb 27
What was the reason for creating such a large number of agencies and parastatals that are just duplicate of other agencies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Leaders Shun Fashola’s Book Presentation In Lagos / Man Compares Buhari To President Bouteflika Who Rules Algeria On Wheelchair / Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.