Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? (10435 Views)

How Do Unemployed Family Men Cope Abeg? / How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Job Rejection? / How Will You Cope If You Lose Your Job or Source of Income Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by abdeiz(m): 6:03am On Feb 27
Rent in lagos is crazy.

My office is in Yaba and what I've been seeing is way above my budget(400-500k)

How can mini flat be going for 1.2m excluding other charges.
I am seriously considering going to ikorodu since I only have to come to work 3 times a week.

Is this feasible or are there other places where I can get something decent but closer than Ikorodu.

Those who are experienced please do share.

Mods.. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Rubyjade: 6:50am On Feb 27
abdeiz:
Rent in lagos is crazy.

I am seriously considering going to ikorodu since I only have to come to work 3 times a week.

Is this feasible or are there other places where I can get something decent but closer than Ikorodu.

Mods.. Thank you.
Ikorodu is your best bet as regards rent in a Lagos considering the fact you work in Yaba

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by abdeiz(m): 7:10am On Feb 27
Rubyjade:
Ikorodu is your best bet as regards rent in a Lagos considering the fact you work in Yaba

I've never been there. People say it's too far away (30km) coupled with insane traffic

3 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Hopez456(m): 9:11am On Feb 27
abdeiz:

I've never been there. People say it's too far away (30km) coupled with insane traffic
Ikorodu is not that far if not for the traffic around mile 12 towards Owode onirin. On a norm, without traffic, journey from Ojota to Ikorodu is within 25min.

You may choose to stay in areas before Ikorodu, Ajegunle, Irawo and co.

37 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Mandate2023: 10:15am On Feb 27
I work in surulere and stay in ikorodu, it can be difficult at times to get brt with the long queue and u can drive if u have a car coz traffic is not always serious when leaving ikorodu in d morning but coming back is a little difficult coz of the traffic but it's worth it coz of the lesser house rent, I will just advice u not to look for accommodation in areas u will have to hustle for bus again after u get to ikorodu, u can stay in agric so far it won't go beyond asolo, u will still enter keke tho or u can stay in igbo oluwo estate in jumofak, that's more like d best place to stay for everyday working class in ikorodu but houses are expensive there too nw but u will get a good room and parlour self contain between 300k to 500k depending on the standard of house that's excluding the agreement and commission.......if u won't mind ikorodu traffic that I'll advice u use brt with a little patience on queue I will recommend jumofak igbo oluwo estate

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by smudge2079(m): 10:16am On Feb 27
Ikorodu is ok...Irawo/owode/Ajegunle/Mile 12 has bad water, so I wont recommend. These areas are flood plains too...If you know you know.

33 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Sirianese: 10:16am On Feb 27
abdeiz:
Rent in lagos is crazy.

Mods.. Thank you.

Use the ferry

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by inoki247: 10:16am On Feb 27
Lol jus go dey try wake up early dey enta BRT....

Or go find house for Mushin, Empire area, Ojuelegba side and Ebute Metta, APapa Road too rent can still be managable in doz area jus dat he dey rowdy.....

5 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by tyson98: 10:16am On Feb 27
Come to Agbede in ikorodu and enjoy light 24/7 and rent is not much….I work in ikeja and live there too

23 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by ReubenE(m): 10:17am On Feb 27
abdeiz:

Ikorodu is okay.

30km from where to where?

It is even better that you get to go to the office 3 times in a week, Ikorodu should be fine.
Unlike before, BRT from Ikorodu is more efficient now so you'll be fine

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by abdeiz(m): 10:18am On Feb 27
Sirianese:

Use the ferry

No ferry to Yaba

2 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Segun2222: 10:18am On Feb 27
Hopez456:
Ikorodu is not that far if not for the traffic around mile 12 towards Owode onirin. On a norm, without traffic, journey from Ojota to Ikorodu is within 35min.

You may choose to stay in areas before Ikorodu, Ajegunle, Irawo and co.

why only ikorodu what happened to ikeja an environs
Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Skillsnigeria: 10:18am On Feb 27
Hmmm
Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Exousiang01: 10:19am On Feb 27
Ikorodu to mainland?
No be mainland Ikorodu dey?

20 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Goodlady(f): 10:19am On Feb 27
I once read here that people living in Ikorodu battle bad water from the soil. Since most of the land is swampy.
Una Lagos people dey try o!
Another hell fire place na Port Harcourt.
Both suffering and smiling city!
Country hard, Abuja sef no too well but at least you d get good water!

11 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by abdeiz(m): 10:19am On Feb 27
Segun2222:

High cost. I made mention of my budget

9 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by tonicyril: 10:19am On Feb 27
Is ikorodu not part of mainland again??

10 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by bet9ja(m): 10:19am On Feb 27
Try Mowe Ibafo, Its straight forward and no traffic.

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Paraman: 10:24am On Feb 27
tonicyril:
Is ikorodu not part of mainland again??

Exousiang01:
Ikorodu to mainland?

ikorodu is not part of mainland

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Ade1177: 10:24am On Feb 27
You see any of your friend

That rents any apartments especially new house

In yaba, akoka, surulere, gbagada

Just hold them tight
They are rich

Because the way developers call rent here
You'll think they are using Dollar rate for UK house rent

I saw a 1 single room with personal toilet and kitchen
The whole space not upto my full Room at home

Calling Total 1.150million

And before you say jack
12 units is remaining only 3

Meaning some mfkers are collecting it with rush sef

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Mandate2023: 10:26am On Feb 27
tyson98:
Come to Agbede in ikorodu and enjoy light 24/7 and rent is not much….I work in ikeja and live there too

Don't listen to ppl like dis.......u will have to start another journey after getting to ikorodu b4 u get to ur house

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by abdeiz(m): 10:26am On Feb 27
bet9ja:
Try Mowe Ibafo, Its straight forward and no traffic.

You like me like this so??

5 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Mandate2023: 10:28am On Feb 27
Goodlady:
I once read here that people living in Ikorodu battle bad water from the soil. Since most of the land is swampy.
Una Lagos people dey try o!
Another hell fire place na Port Harcourt.
Both suffering and smiling city!
Country hard, Abuja sef no too well but at least you d get good water!

Na owode ajegunle be dat not main ikorodu

23 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Hawkler: 10:28am On Feb 27
Exousiang01:
Ikorodu to mainland?
Pardon him
Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Seequadry(m): 10:29am On Feb 27
You will see a mini flat btwn 300k to 400k or more at Ejigbo...

3 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 10:30am On Feb 27
Paraman:

So na hinterland àbi
Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Hopez456(m): 10:30am On Feb 27
Segun2222:
Houses in Ikeja are not cheap!

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by xjiggy: 10:30am On Feb 27
There's BRT from ikorodu all the way to Racecourse. Stop at ojuelegba bus stop and find your way to baba. Simple

7 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by olax02(m): 10:30am On Feb 27
You can also try ketu tipper or ketu alapere. Houses is not that cost in these area.

4 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by Mopolchi: 10:30am On Feb 27
Get a house in Ketu environs. Its a straight route to Yaba using BRT

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by DenreleDave(m): 10:30am On Feb 27
abdeiz:

You like me like this so??

Walai. Him no like u at allll

8 Likes

Re: How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope? by tonicyril: 10:31am On Feb 27
Paraman:

Ok where ikorodu dey?? Semi-mainland??

As far as I know, we have two divides, the mainland and the island so I don't know where ikorodu belongs to again, maybe na island then

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recruitment At RT Briscoe / Auchi Poly Computer Based Test For Interview Selection. / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.