Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,073 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. (659 Views)

Ann: Nigerian Man Scammed My Heart, My Soul, My Money - American Woman / Man Scammed Of N10m By A Prophet, Cries Out (screenshots) / Man Scammed Businessman Of N220K At Sheraton Hotel, Abuja. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Cyphar(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27
This happened on the 23rd of February around 9 am in the morning. It's on a Friday. My mum called me crying and explaining how the thing happened. It broke me down honestly. She said the man came and told her he wants to withdraw 50k that he is going to transfer the money to her account. According to my mum, she borrowed the money. Now this man sent money, asked my mum for her Whatsapp number then sent a receipt to her Whatsapp. My mum said she saw the receipt but she tried checking her mobile app to confirm but probably there was no network. But the guy was claiming that he is in a hurry. So my mum gave him the 50k and he vanished. When she settled down to confirm from the app, she noticed the money didn't drop and that she was being scammed. She tried to look at the receipt sent to her Whatsapp by the man but he already deleted it. She went to the bank to complain but was told that such transaction didn't happen by that it was fake. Even till now, she is still thinking even tho it's 5 days since the incident happened. Now my reason for bringing this here is to seek for advice on what to do concerning this issue. I checked the number through Truecaller and IMOLE was what popped up. Plus, this has never happened to my mum before.

This is the SCAMMER'S NUMBER.... 08101896459

I'll be here reading comments. God bless you all.
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Obyangel: 1:44pm On Feb 27
Instead of the idiot to scam rich dudes, na old Mama he remembered. He will not grow old and will die on express road. So sorry muma

3 Likes

Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Zonefree(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27
I checked the number through Truecaller and IMOLE was what popped up.

Davido's uncle don scam your mama.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by ifytrik(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27
Your mum is careless, sorry I used that word, why give a stranger 50k when you've not received credit apart from your bank? Is she new to p o s business? Look I am also a p o s operator, any customer that insist on transferring money to my account instead of withdrawing with a t m card will have to wait until my bank credit me before receiving the cash from me, did you know that some times if someone tries transferring money to your account while your bank deposit network is bad the transfer will be successful and the person will be debited but the money will never drop in your account?

8 Likes

Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by dayus444: 7:46am On Feb 28
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Johnwrite(m): 7:48am On Feb 28
😂😂😂😂
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Giftedhand47(m): 2:27pm On Feb 28
Cyphar:
This happened on the 23rd of February around 9 am in the morning. It's on a Friday. My mum called me crying and explaining how the thing happened. It broke me down honestly. She said the man came and told her he wants to withdraw 50k that he is going to transfer the money to her account. According to my mum, she borrowed the money. Now this man sent money, asked my mum for her Whatsapp number then sent a receipt to her Whatsapp. My mum said she saw the receipt but she tried checking her mobile app to confirm but probably there was no network. But the guy was claiming that he is in a hurry. So my mum gave him the 50k and he vanished. When she settled down to confirm from the app, she noticed the money didn't drop and that she was being scammed. She tried to look at the receipt sent to her Whatsapp by the man but he already deleted it. She went to the bank to complain but was told that such transaction didn't happen by that it was fake. Even till now, she is still thinking even tho it's 5 days since the incident happened. Now my reason for bringing this here is to seek for advice on what to do concerning this issue. I checked the number through Truecaller and IMOLE was what popped up. Plus, this has never happened to my mum before.

This is the SCAMMER'S NUMBER.... 08101896459

I'll be here reading comments. God bless you all.

Do you want to track the guy ?
Or what do you want sir?
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by noobody(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28
Giftedhand47:

Or what do you want sir?

You are a thief!!

https://www.nairaland.com/8006674/user-everythingphone-scammer#128692416

You wey scam person 4k,wan help track scammer too.

Ole barawo!!!

3 Likes

Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Cyphar(m): 1:18am On Feb 29
Giftedhand47:

Or what do you want sir?

Yes sir .... But I don't know how ... Can you help?
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by JustHere2: 9:03pm On Feb 29
Cyphar:

Yes sir .... But I don't know how ... Can you help?
He's a serial scammer
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by Chicagograduate(m): 3:07am On Mar 01
If you are one of the guys that are glorifying yahoo nemesis has caught up with you.
Re: A Man Scammed My Mum 50k Using Fake Alert. by youngrichnigga: 10:51am On Mar 01
The crook has the picture of his young daughter as WhatsApp profile picture on both numbers.....God will surely punish him soon angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Crime Surge Worries Anambra Vigilance Groups / How Robbers Blasted Their Way Into Ilaro Banks / Breaking: Bomb Blast Hits Catholic Church In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.