Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Go And Sell Off Those Dollars - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Go And Sell Off Those Dollars (1886 Views)

Naira Maintains Steady Falls As Speculators Scoop Dollars / Naira gain: Pressure Mounts On FX Hoarders To Sell Off Dollars / Diamond Bank To Sell Off All Its International Branches, Now A National Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Toluajib: 2:04pm On Feb 27
Some of you keep wishing that dollar go straight to 10000 so you can cash out lol 😂😂😂 ,you better sell em off cause it might go below 1k before end of march,this not an advice ,this a serious warning ⚠️⚠️

8 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Chinjo2: 2:04pm On Feb 27
Ok. You can take your advice to the APC national Chairman Abdullahi Ganduje who holds the record as the only one that uses his Baban Riga for all BDC transactions.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by nairalanda1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 27
Naira will still fall against the dollar, until we start exporting more and more.

8 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by solacong: 2:20pm On Feb 27
hahaha beer parlor advice undecided undecided undecided shocked

6 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by christianjoy(m): 3:08pm On Feb 27
Should I invest in naira then?
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by NaMe4: 3:18pm On Feb 27
Very well.

The Dollar Index set to tank to around 100.5

May take up to two months though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Paraman: 3:19pm On Feb 27
Toluajib:
Some of you keep wishing that dollar go straight to 10000 so you can cash out lol 😂😂😂 ,you better sell em off cause it might go below 1k before end of march,this not an advice ,this a serious warning ⚠️⚠️
This is not the first time I will see this kind of comment on nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Paraman: 3:20pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:
Naira will still fall against the dollar, until we start exporting more and more.
Nigeria is exporting more and earning more dollar than Zambia, Botswana, Chad, Kenya, Ethiopia and Namibia. Why is their currencies not losing value like the naira?

6 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Ddeliverer007(m): 3:24pm On Feb 27
Dollar will hit 2400 before the end of March. Take it to the bank.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by nairalanda1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 27
Paraman:
Nigeria is exporting more and earning more dollar than Zambia, Botswana, Chad, Kenya, Ethiopia and Namibia. Why is their currencies not losing value like the naira?

LOL....we will never have a strong currency until we export manufactured goods and services

Don't quote me to talk and talk, the truth is, let's minus politics, forget TInubu, Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo and Yaradua. And even army and shagari and first republic....we have never had a strong currency because we are not an exporter of manufactured goods and services. That is why we are vulnerable to debt, have had a currency that has severely depreciated since 1973, and always have issues with forex reserves.

The problem I have with you guys is that anytime I make the above comment, you think I am working for the other side, or making your beloved side look foolish. I am not. I want Nigeria to be a strong nation. And we can only get there if we stop relying on oil for 80% of our revenue.

There is nothing to be proud of with naira being N1700 to one dollar or even N20 to one dollar self. It just shows our weakness as a nation.

And that is what I have been trying to tell you guys, but all of you, whether Obi, tinubu supporter like you, Buhari, Atiku, etc, no wan see.

5 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Godfullsam(m): 3:30pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:

What was Nigeria producing when dollar was less than 200/1$ ?

Dollar will crash further when people stop hoarding it.
People will only stop hoarding the dollar when they stop anticipating dollar increment.

4 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by nairalanda1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 27
Godfullsam:

People will only stop hoarding the dollar when they stop anticipating dollar increment.

Hokay, what was NIgeria producing when dollar was less than 6/1$?

Or when it was less than 1/$1?

Your currency has been falling since 1973, from 1 to 1, and you are here to boast about N200 to one dollar? Back when oil prices were so high we were raking in lots of dollars and using 5 billion dollars to defend the naira as a result?

Or you want to talk about the debt we eventually incurred keeping naira at 200, or at 1 dollar?

Am sure you think I am defending tinubu? Hahahahaha...no.

Tinubu was forced to end the goodies because his economist and advisers told him there was no more money in the bank (though he then went on to buy new cars and do lavish spending..lol).

Nigeria is not a producing country. That is why you are here rejoicing over N200 to 1 dollar, and tinubu fans are rejoicing over N1600 to one dollar, when it could have been 1 to 1...if we had been an industrial country for decades!

Nigeria has to be a producing country , not a oil dependent country that when oil drops, we start borrowing to keep the good times going.

4 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by LandMann: 3:41pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:

LOL....we will never have a strong currency until we export manufactured goods and services

Don't quote me to talk and talk, the truth is, let's minus politics, forget TInubu, Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo and Yaradua. And even army and shagari and first republic....we have never had a strong currency because we are not an exporter of manufactured goods and services. That is why we are vulnerable to debt, have had a currency that has severely depreciated since 1973, and always have issues with forex reserves.

The problem I have with you guys is that anytime I make the above comment, you think I am working for the other side, or making your beloved side look foolish. I am not. I want Nigeria to be a strong nation. And we can only get there if we stop relying on oil for 80% of our revenue.

There is nothing to be proud of with naira being N1700 to one dollar or even N20 to one dollar self. It just shows our weakness as a nation.

And that is what I have been trying to tell you guys, but all of you, whether Obi, tinubu supporter like you, Buhari, Atiku, etc, no wan see.

It is just absurd.

When someone speaks out they tag u something u are not. On one thread one idiot said I'm hausa, on another thread another idiot said I'm Igbo.. like wat kind of zombies do we have in this country?

Those set of people can never write more than 3 lines to express themselves.

Very dull people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by LandMann: 3:44pm On Feb 27
Godfullsam:

Go crash the dollar now.

A lot of zombies hear that Nigerian government printed over 21 trillion naira to spend on frivolities yet they still keep expecting the dollar to crash.

You will end up in extreme poverty before you wake up from your slumber
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Godfullsam(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27
LandMann:

Go crash the dollar now.

A lot of zombies hear that Nigerian government printed over 21 trillion naira to spend on frivolities yet they still keep expecting the dollar to crash.

You will end up in extreme poverty before you wake up from your slumber

Be calming down

Balablu and his economic team are making frantic efforts to mop up the excess money in circulation.

That is why the interest rate have been increased to 22.7%.

With the interest rate at all time high and with the CBN pumping more dollars to commercial banks which had helped the naira to appreciate a bit in the past few days, people may soon prefer to save their money in naira instead of hoarding dollars.

I am optimistic that the naira will gain more strength of the policy is sustained.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Paraman: 4:50pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:

Why is the Botswana, Chad, Kenya Ethiopia and Namibia currencies not losing value like the naira even though they don't export manufactured goods like Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by yemmit90: 5:49pm On Feb 27
Nigerians are different breed of humans entirely, the only reason dollar is above 1500 today is because of artificial demand.

Those who keep saying we don't export much to earn dollars are the category of people who save in dollars to make profits.

During Buhari era, alot of Nigerians, including the politicians will apply for fake import, school, medical, etc, buy at official rate from banks and sell to BDC.

Remove this irrational demands and see dollars coming down to #500.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by LandMann: 5:54pm On Feb 27
Godfullsam:

Be calming down

Balablu and his economic team are making frantic efforts to mop up the excess money in circulation.

With the interest rate at all time high and with the CBN pumping more dollars to commercial banks which had helped the naira to appreciate a bit in the past few days, people may soon prefer to save their money in naira instead of hoarding dollars.

I am optimistic that the naira will gain more strength of the policy is sustained.

You think the drama stops at CBN raising MPR to 22.7%?

Do you even understand the chain of reaction that will follow and how it will affect the economy?

Ordinarily raising the MPR should slow down inflation in an economy filled with rational thinking people and in an economy where there is low corruption and very low information asymmetry.

But Nigeria doesn't possess those characteristics. Nigeria, it is tribalism first then religious bigotry second and last.

So what will happen is that banks too will rasie their lending rate, making it more expensive for business to assess loans and capital for their business. This will in turn drive up cost of production which will end up being passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices of goods and services. The end result for Nigeria is higher inflation.

So, balablu and his economic team have lost control. They should vacate aso rock
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Godfullsam(m): 6:03pm On Feb 27
LandMann:

You think the drama stops at CBN raising MPR to 22.7%?

Do you even understand the chain of reaction that will follow and how it will affect the economy?

Ordinarily raising the MPR should slow down inflation in an economy filled with rational thinking people and in an economy where there is low corruption and very low information asymmetry.

But Nigeria doesn't possess those characteristics. Nigeria, it is tribalism first then religious bigotry second and last.

So what will happen is that banks too will rasie their lending rate, making it more expensive for business to assess loans and capital for their business. This will in turn drive up cost of production which will end up being passed on to the consumer in the form of higher prices of goods and services. The end result for Nigeria is higher inflation.

So, balablu and his economic team have lost control. They should vacate aso rock

To every action, there will surely be an equal and opposite reaction.

The bold is therefore not unexpected.

But in the long run, the economy will find it's equilibrium and things will balance up for good.

1 Like

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by LandMann: 7:04pm On Feb 27
Godfullsam:

To every action, there will surely be an equal and opposite reaction.

The bold is therefore not unexpected.

But in the long run, the economy will find it's equilibrium and things will balance up for good.

Since the creation of this accursed geographical contraption called Nigeria and since the discovery of crude oil in commercial quantity the country has been looking for its equilibrium
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by NothingDoMe: 8:39pm On Feb 27
nairalanda1:

Hokay, what was NIgeria producing when dollar was less than 6/1$?

Or when it was less than 1/$1?

Your currency has been falling since 1973, from 1 to 1, and you are here to boast about N200 to one dollar? Back when oil prices were so high we were raking in lots of dollars and using 5 billion dollars to defend the naira as a result?

Or you want to talk about the debt we eventually incurred keeping naira at 200, or at 1 dollar?

Am sure you think I am defending tinubu? Hahahahaha...no.

Tinubu was forced to end the goodies because his economist and advisers told him there was no more money in the bank (though he then went on to buy new cars and do lavish spending..lol).

Nigeria is not a producing country. That is why you are here rejoicing over N200 to 1 dollar, and tinubu fans are rejoicing over N1600 to one dollar, when it could have been 1 to 1...if we had been an industrial country for decades!

Nigeria has to be a producing country , not a oil dependent country that when oil drops, we start borrowing to keep the good times going.
3rd most impressive comment.
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by saobobo80: 9:51pm On Feb 27
Chinjo2:
Ok. You can take your advice to the APC national Chairman Abdullahi Ganduje who holds the record as the only one that uses his Baban Riga for all BDC transactions.

Most corrupt polithiefian ever?
Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by In2systemsTech(m): 11:01pm On Feb 27
Toluajib:

Dollar can never go that down... Just observe the below graph... It keeps going up.... After 1500 expect a bigger leap like 2024..... You go hear am soon

1 Like

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Konquest: 3:54am On Feb 29
Godfullsam:

Be calming down

Re: Go And Sell Off Those Dollars by Konquest: 3:55am On Feb 29
yemmit90:
Nigerians are different breed of humans entirely, the only reason dollar is above 1500 today is because of artificial demand.

Those who keep saying we don't export much to earn dollars are the category of people who save in dollars to make profits.

During Buhari era, alot of Nigerians, including the politicians will apply for fake import, school, medical, etc, buy at official rate from banks and sell to BDC.

Remove this irrational demands and see dollars coming down to #500.

(1) (Reply)

I Spend So Much Money On Bulk Sms For My Business, The Way Out ? / Fund Needed To Start A Car Wash Business In V.i, Ikoyi, Lekki / Gtbank Customers In Diaspora That Cannot Register For Bvn - SOLUTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.