Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. (178 Views)

Edo 2024: Ighodalo Emerges PDP Candidate With 577 Votes, Promises / Mohammed Mattawale Receives Certificate Of Return As Governor-elect / Ned Nwoko Receives Certificate Of Return As Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by Greatstan10: 6:52pm On Feb 27
*Edo 2024: Ighodalo receives certificate of return, confident of victory*

*_…PDP is one, organised only one legal primary in Edo, says PDP nat’l chair_*

*_…Guber candidate pledges to transform Edo to first world economy_*

Former Chairman of Sterling Bank Plc and Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the September 21, 2024 Edo governorship election, Dr. Asue Ighodalo, on Tuesday, received his Certificate of Return as the party’s flag bearer in the election, from the PDP National Working Committee.

The certificate presentation comes after he emerged winner of the governorship primary which took place last week Thursday at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City, the Edo State capital.

The renowned businessman, accomplished lawyer and boardroom guru, in a landslide victory, polled 577 of the 585 accredited votes to clinch the party’s ticket, defeating nine other aspirants including the incumbent deputy governor of the State, Philip Shaibu and Anselm Ojezua, among others.

He was accompanied to receive the certificate by the State’s Party Chairman, Dr. Anthony Aziegbemi; former Deputy Governor, Chief Mike Ogiadomhe, and Senator Ehigie Uzamere, among others.

Presenting the certificate of return to the Edo PDP guber candidate at the PDP National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, in Abuja, the Party National Chairman, Amb. Umar Damagum, said the PDP is one and that the party organized and recognized only the primary election which took place at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City and produced Ighodalo as its candidate.

Expressing confidence that the party will emerge victorious in the September governorship election, Amb. Damagum said: “Edo is an easy ride for us. We will emerge victorious. What we should be focused on now is uniting our party and bringing all stakeholders together to ensure we retain our seat at Osadebey Avenue.

“You have to put in your all going forward. I wish to use the opportunity to congratulate our party’s gubernatorial candidate, Dr. Asue Ighodalo, and wish you success as you go around the State during your campaign.”

He added, “The PDP is one and we organized and recognized only one primary in Edo which produced Dr. Asue Ighodalo. There are rules and guidelines in line with our party’s Constitution. We set up an electoral committee led by the Governor of Zamfara State, Dauda Lawal as Chairman, and the Governor of Delta State, Sheriff Oborevwhori as the committee’s Co-Chairman. They held the primary in a transparent, fair, and credible process which was live on several television stations. To the glory of God that primary election produced Dr. Asue Ighodalo as our party’s candidate.”

In his appreciation speech after receiving the certificate of return, the Edo PDP governorship candidate, Dr. Ighodalo commended all stakeholders of the party for their support, promising to transform Edo State to a first-world economy if elected as governor.

He said, “I thank our party members and leaders as well as other stakeholders of the party, especially the youths, who took me through the length and breadth of Edo State during my consultation to become our party’s candidate. I am extremely proud to be a member of this party. I also appreciate our women for their love and support. They carried me on their back from day one.

“I am grateful for the fairness and transparency of the national leadership of the party. I salute the National Working Committee (NWC) for the transparent and fair manner in which it conducted the primary election in Edo State. The MKO Abiola election of 1993 was the closest to what we recorded at the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium on Thursday, February 22, 2024.”

Ighodalo further noted, “To the youths, it’s our time. By the grace of God and the will of the people of Edo State, we will run a government upheld by youths and with youths. Together, we will turn Edo into a state that everyone will be proud of.

“I will show leadership and direction. Our youths have promised that they won’t fail. We will show the rest of the world what we can achieve together as a people. We can become a first-world sovereign in Africa. I have seen the path and together, with your support and collaboration, we will achieve this.”

Urging for a united front ahead of the September gubernatorial election, Ighodalo stated, “I can’t complete this gratitude without acknowledging my co-aspirants, especially those who stepped down for me from the beginning of this process up to the day of the primary election, particularly Omosede Igbinedion who stepped down for me on the day of the primary.

“The contest is over. Let’s come together as one. We need to work together as one team. We must unite to retain our seat at Osadebey Avenue and drive the progress of our State.”

“I promise that this ticket is for all of us. I will take your advice; we will work together in the interest of our people. You’re all great men and women with varying capabilities and capacities. We will bring these capabilities together to move our State forward,” he added.

*PHOTO CAPTION*

L-R: Acting National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Amb. Umar Ililya Damagum; National Secretary of the PDP, Senator Sam Anyanwu; Governorship candidate of the PDP for the Edo State September 21, 2024 governorship election, Dr. Asue Ighodalo, and his wife, Mrs. Ifeyinwa Ighodalo, during the presentation of certificate of return to Ighodalo as flagbearer of the party at the PDP National Secretariat, Abuja, Tuesday, February 27, 2024.

1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by bjdon: 7:04pm On Feb 27
Philip Shaibu just wasted money for nothing!!
Re: Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by Validated: 7:08pm On Feb 27
Shaibu and Wike in the dust. Try again in 2028
Edo NO BI Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by Jostoman: 7:21pm On Feb 27
The next governor of Edo State and if the hardship and killing party called APC dont like it they should look for a nearest Lagoon and do the needful.
Re: Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by Xscape1993(m): 7:33pm On Feb 27
Congratulations to him!
Re: Edo 2024: Ighodalo Receives Certificate Of Return. by Isokiscool(m): 7:59pm On Feb 27
Voting Asuen Ighodalo is a task all Edolite must carry out.No room for the hardship party APC in my dear state

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Crashes Against Naira On Binance Trading At N1,415/$ Amid CBN Directives / City Boy And The Reality Of Governance By Olawale Olaleye / Interest Rate: Obaseki Blasts CBN, Warns Of Tougher Times Ahead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.