Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana (11043 Views)

Oronsaye Report: List Of Government Agencies To Be Scrapped, Merged, Relocated / Tinubu Considers Oronsaye Report, May Merge Govt Agencies / FG To Cut Agencies To Reduce Governance Cost – Zainab Ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by dalitigator(m): 10:51am On Feb 28
iwaeda:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/02/27/oronsaye-report-outdated-wont-reduce-governance-cost-falana/

Why does the learned Silk appears to be speaking from both sides of the mouth?

A few months ago, he was clamouring for the full implementation of the report. He and Prof. Sage (SAN).

But today, he is saying another thing entirely.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by senatordave1(m): 11:00am On Feb 28
IfnobeGod20:
“Instead of downsizing the public service the Federal Government should ensure that the two houses of the National Assembly are merged while the number of Ministers, Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants and Special Assistants is significantly reduced.”

The above is the cruise but I will recommend that the House of Reps be scrapped and leave the Senate. The money expended to Carter for these ojelu in the national assembly is one of the bane of the nation.
Again, what I discovered about Tinubu's government, is that they are doing trial and error, they don't even know how to pin the government and provide solutions. They tend to preach one thing but rather do another thing. He came and enlarge the ministries, added more advisers, aides and special advisers but turnaround and dust Orosanye's report, after he has added to the bloated number. His advisers are not thinking deep at all, they just wake up without thinking deep of some of these policies and recommendations.
For the nation to cut cost
1. Scrap House of Reps
2. Reduce number of aides, advisers and special advisers
3. Reduce number of delegates on foreign and local engagements to barest minimum
4. Fight corruption in NNPC and civil service
5. Develop a mechanism to checkmate MDAs activities
6. Fight insecurity standstill
7. More importantly invest in agriculture and technology
8. Same number 1 to 7 be replicated at the state levels
9. Same should also be replicated at the local government levels. Only the state governors have killed the LGA administration and make them non functional or skeletal

Insecurity is being tackled,mdas are being monitored by hafiza bala,states are being encouraged to go into agric, entourage for foreign trip reduced to 20
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by HRMK: 11:01am On Feb 28
falana does not know what he is talking about!is he an economist or lawyer?
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by Lifestone(m): 11:05am On Feb 28
richiemcgold:

...but all these years, these same people (including Falana) have been advocating full implementation of oronsaye's report. Why kicking against it now that you're about to get it implemented?

Nigerian activists are the most confused in the world, walahi.

He just talked nonsense to remain relevant to his constituency.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by amnesty7: 11:06am On Feb 28
richiemcgold:

...but all these years, these same people (including Falana) have been advocating full implementation of oronsaye's report. Why kicking against it now that you're about to get it implemented?

Where did he do that? You owe Nairaland proofs.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by IfnobeGod20: 11:19am On Feb 28
senatordave1:

Insecurity is being tackled,mdas are being monitored by hafiza bala,states are being encouraged to go into agric, entourage for foreign trip reduced to 20
Insecurity is being tackled with lip service. Please the fight against insecurity be holistic in approach. Remember the easiest way to minimise the insecurity is by providing food security and employment. My brother, people are hungry and angry because things are hard for them. You cannot perpetually put people on the ground and don't expect them to fight back. Most of this insecurity is idle hand.
I am talking of creating a system that will outlive people and government of the day and not a system that is attached to a person or people. A system that cannot be manipulated by the whims and caprices of the people. A system where a simple alter in it will show signal and down the system completely.
I have not seen what the state, local and federal is doing on the agriculture revolution. We cannot get out of this mess until the three tiers invest heavily in agriculture and technology. The over dependent on oil is our greatest undoing and it cannot sustain us again.
I laugh like Chinese man. Foreign trip reduced to 20 you say or you just intentionally quote what they dished out and not what they are doing. They are going to Qatar on the 2 and 3 of March and the number of delegates is 38. Please can you reconcile the difference?
This government is saying one thing and doing the other. They are not consistent at all. We even saw names of two non state actors in the list brought out. The question is, what is the function of the two sons in the government administration?
We need to stop deceiving ourselves in this country, our governments are playing on our intelligence and taken us as fools.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by BabaO2: 11:27am On Feb 28
This falana never sees anything good no matter how laudable, only his own over exaggerated useless ideas.
No wonder he couldn't get SAN until he bribed his way after donkey years in practice
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by Iamanoited: 11:35am On Feb 28
Adopt UDOJI SALARY HARMONISATION SCHEME.

Orisa37
DO JOB SPECIFICATIONS, JOB SCHEDULING AND JOB RATING FOR THE FEDERATION.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by Bluntemperor: 11:39am On Feb 28
dalitigator:

A few months ago, he was clamouring for the full implementation of the report. He and Prof. Sage (SAN).

Let us ask our SAN- the learned one:
Sir,since you turned your back on the Oronsonye Recommendations,just yesterday,so what is your New Solutions to Reducing the Cost of Govt?
We appreciate,if you can state them in a simple format for the Masses!
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by membranus: 11:42am On Feb 28
Iamanoited:
Adopt UDOJI SALARY HARMONISATION SCHEME.

Orisa37
DO JOB SPECIFICATIONS, JOB SCHEDULING AND JOB RATING FOR THE FEDERATION.

Udoji report keh!!

From which year be dat, wen dey never born you.

Udoji ko, Udofia ni.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by Gorgeous1guy(m): 11:44am On Feb 28
The fault in the report is that it centres only on reduction in cost (rather than improved productivity and efficiency) and the funny thing is that even if indeed cost was saved, it will still end up in an unknown acct somewhere without access.....just like the same money allegedly saved from removal of petroleum products subsidy. May God help Nigeria. Amen
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by albert2512: 12:35pm On Feb 28
richiemcgold:

But he has a point na and that is what should matter.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by Petacephas: 12:45pm On Feb 28
Scrap house of representatives or senate. Only one arm is enough. In fact scrap senate.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by zoedew: 1:29pm On Feb 28
What does this man want?🧐. On whose side is he really?
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by 9jatriot(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28
You captured it so well. I remember when PMB refused to float the currency, there was no derogatory name they did not call him. They said he did not know economics and that how long will he continue to defend the naira. They made it sound like he was foolish for defending the naira.

Talks like how can a nation have multiple exchange rate and so, now Tinubu takes the bull by the horn, they are now shouting you want to kill us
Tareq1105:

It's you that's taking him serious.

They all shouted subsidy should be removed, Tinubu did it they started complaining.

They said Naira should be allowed to fixed itself. Tinubu floated it they started noise.

They said PIA should be implemented fully, it's been done and they still want NNPC Ltd to subsidize fuel.

They cried Orasanye Reports should be implemented to reduce Agencies and Parastatals thereby reducing cost of governance. Tinubu did it and now Falana is saying it has been overtaken by events. It's obvious some people are not normal in this country.

People who cannot run a local council would be talking trash in the name of CSO and activism.

Tinubu should stop listening to some people who claimed to be masters on every Policy of the govt.

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by itsene: 2:20pm On Feb 28
dalitigator:

What do you expect from anarchists. They don't want any problem solved.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by senatordave1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 28
IfnobeGod20:

Insecurity is being tackled with lip service. Please the fight against insecurity be holistic in approach. Remember the easiest way to minimise the insecurity is by providing food security and employment. My brother, people are hungry and angry because things are hard for them. You cannot perpetually put people on the ground and don't expect them to fight back. Most of this insecurity is idle hand.
I am talking of creating a system that will outlive people and government of the day and not a system that is attached to a person or people. A system that cannot be manipulated by the whims and caprices of the people. A system where a simple alter in it will show signal and down the system completely.
I have not seen what the state, local and federal is doing on the agriculture revolution. We cannot get out of this mess until the three tiers invest heavily in agriculture and technology. The over dependent on oil is our greatest undoing and it cannot sustain us again.
I laugh like Chinese man. Foreign trip reduced to 20 you say or you just intentionally quote what they dished out and not what they are doing. They are going to Qatar on the 2 and 3 of March and the number of delegates is 38. Please can you reconcile the difference?
This government is saying one thing and doing the other. They are not consistent at all. We even saw names of two non state actors in the list brought out. The question is, what is the function of the two sons in the government administration?
We need to stop deceiving ourselves in this country, our governments are playing on our intelligence and taken us as fools.

Insecurity esp banditry and kidnapping is heavily been tackled if you must be honest.i know these are short term measures but it will be stop gap till long term solutions are sought...
States like Niger, kebbi,crs,akwa ibom,Lagos are investing heavily in agric and trying to meet the hunger needs of the populace...
The govt found out that a delegation of 20 is too small for Qatar so they decided to go in two batches of 20 each inorder to still meet the executive order.the president sons are sponsoring themselves.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by sunnyprof: 3:41pm On Feb 28
FIRST OF ALL, revert all Ministry, MDAs to the status as at then and then prune as was recommended, shikenna!!

we know the source and ports of all the new additions including states since then, its not difficult

do it and let there be a BANG!! IT WILL QUICKLY DISSOLVE TOO
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by obiseq: 3:58pm On Feb 28
Can't you get what's he's trying to say? He said
if the report had been implemented during Good luck Jonathan's time it would have realistic but now things are no longer the as at then so the report doesn't match the present governance
richiemcgold:

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by KORLAR(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28
richiemcgold:

You're minding the man.

Everybody don turn expert for mata wey dem no sabi shishi.

Make e contest for president next time so hin yarns go carry weight.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by IfnobeGod20: 12:38am On Feb 29
senatordave1:

Insecurity esp banditry and kidnapping is heavily been tackled if you must be honest.i know these are short term measures but it will be stop gap till long term solutions are sought...
States like Niger, kebbi,crs,akwa ibom,Lagos are investing heavily in agric and trying to meet the hunger needs of the populace...
The govt found out that a delegation of 20 is too small for Qatar so they decided to go in two batches of 20 each inorder to still meet the executive order.the president sons are sponsoring themselves.
I hate having discourse with someone that is turning common sense and fact up side down.
President's sons are sponsoring themselves but their names are in number one and two on the list of the delegates for the second batch or you didn't see the protocol lists? No crime in saying the truth because the bible says,buy the truth and sale it not.
On the issue of investment in agriculture, please which areas are those governors using for their agricultural investment. Aside the governor of Niger that I know is been proactive in investing in agriculture, I have not seen others. The news are everywhere to read and abreast with.
The government found out the 20 delegates won't be enough and that was why they are going in two batches. What you said wasn't in tandem with their submission. Remember you're not the spokesman to the presidency. Why not just keep mum on issue you have no idea than swimming in lying. The government are caught in the web of their own calamity of not living above board. They say one thing but do another thing.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by senatordave1(m): 12:53am On Feb 29
IfnobeGod20:

I hate having discourse with someone that is turning common sense and fact up side down.
President's sons are sponsoring themselves but their names are in number one and two on the list of the delegates for the second batch or you didn't see the protocol lists? No crime in saying the truth because the bible says,buy the truth and sale it not.
On the issue of investment in agriculture, please which areas are those governors using for their agricultural investment. Aside the governor of Niger that I know is been proactive in investing in agriculture, I have not seen others. The news are everywhere to read and abreast with.
The government found out the 20 delegates won't be enough and that was why they are going in two batches. What you said wasn't in tandem with their submission. Remember you're not the spokesman to the presidency. Why not just keep mum on issue you have no idea than swimming in lying. The government are caught in the web of their own calamity of not living above board. They say one thing but do another thing.

If you look closely,you will see that private is written against their names meaning they are probably on their own financially.at the beginning of his tenure,his entourage was at least 200 man strong esp the one to united nations.40 is a big reduction.his last trip to Ethiopia and France had less than 50 also.
Ex gov ayade invested heavily in agric and prince otu has continued from there.sanwoolu is trying to revamp lake and imota rice mills.kwara and akwa ibom governors are distributing fertilizers to farmers at subsidized rates.
The government is also tackling the economic crisis headlong

1 Like

Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by gaskiyamagana: 11:20am On Feb 29
richiemcgold:

You don't understand what the man is trying to emphasize.
Re: Oronsaye Report Outdated, Won’t Reduce Governance Cost — Falana by IfnobeGod20: 11:24am On Feb 29
senatordave1:

If you look closely,you will see that private is written against their names meaning they are probably on their own financially.at the beginning of his tenure,his entourage was at least 200 man strong esp the one to united nations.40 is a big reduction.his last trip to Ethiopia and France had less than 50 also.
Ex gov ayade invested heavily in agric and prince otu has continued from there.sanwoolu is trying to revamp lake and imota rice mills.kwara and akwa ibom governors are distributing fertilizers to farmers at subsidized rates.
The government is also tackling the economic crisis headlong
Yes, I saw it was private written against their names. Please what designation do you expect to be put before their names? This is the reason it was senseless adding them to the Qatar entourage along their father, when they are non-state actors and have no benefit to add to the affairs of the nation at their return. Mind you they are adults and not kids less than 17 years of age. They are people with high stakes of responsibilities on their necks to manage their own family affairs. If they were kids, I don't think anyone will raise eyebrow because people would still expect them to be under tutorship and apron spring of their father and mother.
Continue justifying the unjustifiable thing in this time of economy crush that government suppose to live above board and cut cost to the minimal.
You know the funny thing, your assertion is at variance with what the SSA to Mr. President said on their inclusion and that was why I told you, don't poke your nose on issue you have less idea about, not to use your head carry curse.
I am saying this and I am saying it emphatically, aside from Niger governor that is only proactive in investing in agriculture, no one of them does that aggressively. The news is everywhere and captured by virtually all news outlets. The Kwara you even mentioned had killed your comment because I am presently in Kwara and in Baruten for a programme. This is an area predominantly engaged in farming along with other Kwara North villages. Please who and who are they giving the fertilizer that I have not seen them? Please lie softly, it is not a must to defend the indefensible.
This country cannot be govern this way and we will be expecting miracles overnight. We must continue engaging people in government, so that they will do the needful for the overall benefit of the people but hailing them when they are doing little or nothing, it's retrogressing the nation. There's need to put them on their toes to help the country please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No S/east Governor Has Allocated Land For RUGA Settlement - Archbishop Chukwuma / Sharia Gov. Sani Ahmed Yerima Marries 13 Year Old Child / Governors Go Spiritual Over NGF Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.