Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,154 members, 7,867,355 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:29 PM

Sen Ubah At The Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES 2024) Opening Ceremony - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Ubah At The Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES 2024) Opening Ceremony (159 Views)

Capital Oil And Sen Ubah Make Statement On AMCON Dispute / Shettima Arrives For Opening Ceremony Of NBA's Annual General Conference / INEC ICT Expert Testifies Against Ubah At Anambra Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen Ubah At The Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES 2024) Opening Ceremony by grassrootsig: 10:34pm On Feb 27
HONOURED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OPENING CEREMONY OF THE NIGERIA INTERNATIONAL ENERGY SUMMIT (NIES 2024)

On Tuesday, February 27, 2024, in my capacity as the Chairman, Nigerian Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream), I joined the representatives of the Presidency and officials of the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources to attend the Opening Ceremony of the Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES 2024) at the State Banquet Hall, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

During the summit, discussions centred on the challenges and opportunities facing the energy sector in Nigeria, including the need for increased investment in renewable energy sources, the importance of diversifying the country's energy mix, and the role of technology in improving efficiency and reducing environmental impact.

Speaking shortly at the event which was also attended by the Secretary-General of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), Haitham Al Ghais, I highlighted the importance of collaboration and cooperation among key stakeholders in the energy sector to drive sustainable development and economic growth in Nigeria.

I also emphasized the need for a holistic approach to energy policy that takes into account the interests of all stakeholders, including government, industry, and civil society, and stressed the importance of transparency and accountability in the management of Nigeria's energy resources to ensure that they benefit the country as a whole.

The Nigeria International Energy Summit is a valuable platform for dialogue and collaboration among key players in the energy sector, and as the Chairman, Nigerian Senate Committee on Petroleum (Downstream), I look forward to working together with my colleagues and partners to address the challenges and opportunities facing Nigeria's energy future. I am also confident that the present federal government would partner with all stakeholders to promote the energy sector of our country.

Senator (Dr) Ifeanyi Ubah, CON
Anambra South Senatorial District

Re: Sen Ubah At The Nigeria International Energy Summit (NIES 2024) Opening Ceremony by grassrootsig: 10:40pm On Feb 27
THE NIGERIA INTERNATIONAL ENERGY SUMMIT (NIES 2024)

(1) (Reply)

Tin / Outrage As Bandits Kidnap 280 Pupils From Kaduna Schools / N3 Trillion Budget Padding: Step Aside For Investigation, Group Tells Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.