Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments (1498 Views)

French University Bans Students From Using Chatgpt!!! / Get Your Assignments Solved! / Mentally Challenged Man Helps Students To Solve Their Assignments In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Wisewriter: 10:37pm On Feb 27
Since the inception of ChatGPT, students have increasingly relied on it to finish their assignments, often without realizing that educators employ Turnitin to detect plagiarism, including AI-generated content.

For Nigerian students studying abroad, it's strongly advised to abstain from utilizing ChatGPT or any article generator for academic tasks. Failing to heed this warning may result in receiving a score of 0%.

I recently partnered with a UK school that granted me access to a Turnitin checker with advanced AI features. I have been using it to check assignments completed by Nigerians studying abroad, and nearly 99% of them failed the plagiarism test and it is sad enough!

An increasing number of students studying abroad are now facing resits for their assignments compared to previous years because they are using CHATGPT

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by dangoteinlaw: 10:48pm On Feb 27
Ai is here to stay believe it or get left behind. Soon education will be a thing of the past were there will be ai to put you through all education and do everything for you with even more accuracy than humans. I just bought an AI for over 200k for life time subscription and now i wished i had got it 5years ago instead of struggling and stressing my brain for nothing and ai is just at its initial phase. Give it 5years from now alot of people will loose their jobs which is happening already.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Wisewriter: 10:55pm On Feb 27
dangoteinlaw:
Ai is here to stay believe it or get left behind. Soon education will be a thing of the past were there will be ai to put you through all education and do everything for you with even more accuracy than humans. I just bought an AI for over 200k for life time subscription and now i wished i had got it 5years ago instead of struggling and stressing my brain for nothing and ai is just at its initial phase. Give it 5years from now alot of people will loose their jobs which is happening already.

I am not discrediting AI; in fact, I am a supporter of AI technology. However, using AI for academic writing is not advisable. AI lacks the ability to produce high-quality writing; it can only provide ideas. The citations generated by AI are often incorrect, including errors in index numbers, authors, and publication years. This lack of accuracy compromises academic integrity.

However, AI can never replace human generated ideas, it can only make your work easier!

8 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by tuzle(m): 5:17am On Feb 28
Only a mumu Nigerian student will use chatgpt and also use quillbot or any other ai paraphrasing tool to paraphrase without editing it into their own words.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by ITbomb(m): 6:35am On Feb 28
Stressing your brain is the essence of education because in the process of solving a problem, you discover new and better ways of doing it.

AI relies on the already made data

5 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Johnwrite(m): 7:32am On Feb 28
😂😂
Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by telim: 7:43am On Feb 28
Use good prompt with litttle editing and Turnitin will fail to detect your content as AI generated.

1 Like

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Ucheclaw(m): 7:47am On Feb 28
Chatgtp 4 grin, your turnin abi wetn go collect
Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Astra101: 8:23am On Feb 28
dangoteinlaw:

Did you read what the op wrote up there? Did he in anyway discredit Ai or campaigns against it. Please read to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Newwavetech04: 11:38am On Feb 28
From my experience in using ChatGPT and Google's Gemini pro, creating the proper prompts will give responses that beat Ai detectors. Yes, it creates false references and the like, however, if you are skilled enough in prompt engineering, you can "harass" or "threaten" the language model to deliver authentic results. Ai emergence can be likened to the opening of the Pandora box, despite the high potential for uncontrolled evil use, at the bottom of the box is hope for mankind.
Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:17pm On Feb 28
Na copy and paste una sabi both home and abroad angry
Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by 1Sharon(f): 4:21pm On Feb 28
Who is so silly to copy word for word? Do ppl not know how to put things in their own words.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by kkins25(m): 5:07pm On Feb 28
Plagiarism test and AI test are different..If they are guilty of the former, that's understandable, since, we basically write assignments that way in Naija. Copy and pasting from textbook....
Re: Stop Using CHATGPT For Your Assignments by Benwallt(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28
CHATjibiti

(1) (Reply)

Help! / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get Admission For Pgd In The Uk / The Nigerian Army Dss/ssc Form 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.