Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Rise Of The Phoenix: Sir Kingsley Draws A Parallel Between Failure & Victory - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rise Of The Phoenix: Sir Kingsley Draws A Parallel Between Failure & Victory (53 Views)

"The Phoenix's Resilience: A Life-changing Transformation" / Does The Phoenix Browser Has Income Program Like That Of Opera? / Lady Crushed To Death In Front Of Her Shop As Trailer Suffers Brake Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rise Of The Phoenix: Sir Kingsley Draws A Parallel Between Failure & Victory by Jimsonjaat96(m): 7:28am On Feb 28
Rise of the Phoenix solemnly ushers Sir Kingsley into the affairs of African music with a sharp parallelism between struggles and footing drawn from the mythical creature, phoenix. The aforementioned debut extended playlist is a quadruplet of bossy rap blends accompanied by soft Afrobeats caparisons spun across some 900 seconds in time.

Sir Kingsley's Rise of the Phoenix elicits feelings of falls, the troubles of losing a loved one alongside the silver linings that always seem definite in every cloudy sky. Though patient each time he serves his rap on some befitting instrumentals, Sir Kingsley embodies a big man who has time in his care: hence, the tranquility obvious in his music.

The singer doubling as a rapper is a strength. Maybe not his most sensational identity. What stands out in his artistry is the vividness of the imagery in his lyricism. Clear Road, the opener, invites some opposition group to an outing of disdain, outlining these people's existence with the most derogatory of all sunny mental pictures. Even if this provocation seems to have been borne out of anger, Kingsley acts the boss by serving his message cold. Story exudes pity from the unexpected loss of "grandma", Addicted tries to make up for the loss with a new lady numbing the pains. When the life described in the first two tracks must have brought him extinction, Victory brought him back alive just like "the phoenix". Here, the death and rise of the Christian prophet rings a bell.

Kingsley admits to News Bulletin that the creation of this project stirred a mixed feeling in him as he was nervous about the outcome. Asked what category of artiste he is, Kingsley stressed that, "I havent really given it a thought. It has never really crossed my mind. Boxing me isn't one thing I really want as I just want to make music to whatever sound I connect with. Maybe with time, I will figure that out."

Nevertheless, Kingsley informed us that he is one of the many Nigerians living in the neighbouring Ghana and further revealed the situation that occasioned his migration to the country, "I never really planned to move to Ghana actually," he started. "It just happened. However, I have never regretted that decision," he landed.

(1) (Reply)

Unlocking New Futures: A Real Estate Journey By Diego Marynberg / Explore Odisha With Convenient Car Rentals In Bhubaneswar And Puri. / IRETI Of Lagos Price Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.