Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe (34447 Views)

The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) / Checkout This Whisky That Costs ₦13M (Pics, Video) / Cooking Pot That Costs Over N400k, Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by immortalcrown(m): 8:12pm On Mar 01
Bankkym:
You have a shallow thinking. £1 is not cheap for a wrap of fufu in the UK. Do you think the pound is that easy to come by? If so, with the crisis facing the naira most Nigerians living in the uk would have returned home if they have just 50k in pounds or even less to start a business. But they can't. So anything you Dont produce is bound to be expensive if you have to import it. British no dey chop akpu. Why Nigerians here in Nigeria prefer kellogs corn flakes to nasco corn flakes. Una dey craze
You that have a deep thinking should tell us the cost of importing Cassava into UK and the minimum wage in UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Tochi360: 8:12pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:
What is the essence of this post? The Cassava was imported into that country.

Also, that is £1 Akpụ in a country that imports Akpụ. Show us ₦1 Akpụ in Nigeria that cultivates Akpụ.

All this yeye comparison just tire person, na who carry this thread enter front page sef angry

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Greenfusion: 8:13pm On Mar 01
RenaissanceGuy:
What a daaaaaaft thread. Are Europeans using naira.?
Soooooo daaaaft, i wonder how they use their head

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Obviouslyblunt: 8:13pm On Mar 01
That 1,687 is just 0.96 euros of their currency.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by timosa(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01
The akpu is not expensive, na naira nor get value.

That akpu in Ghana cedis is barely 250

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by emapeteum(m): 8:16pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:

Also, that is £1 Akpụ in a country that imports Akpụ. Show us ₦1 Akpụ in Nigeria that cultivates Akpụ.
Is a post coming from a village boy who escape to the UK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by debossng: 8:17pm On Mar 01
the difference in price is as a result of devaluated Naira. simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Farmerforgoats: 8:19pm On Mar 01
You are a mad man. Ori eh tii diary
yusufadebayo02:
A wrapped of Akpu cost One hundred Naira. The same wrapped Akpu cost N1687 in Europe.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Ray07(m): 8:19pm On Mar 01
The Op should do well to us N1 Akpu too.
Since £1 can purchase akpu . . . Wetin our own N1 fit purchase.

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Bankkym: 8:21pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:
You that have a deep thinking should tell us the cost of importing Cassava into UK and the minimum wage in UK.

It is pretty expensive for you to eat Nigerian food in the uk. You sit in that your face me I face u room without a passport asking me stupid question.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by immortalcrown(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01
Bankkym:
It is pretty expensive for you to eat Nigerian food in the uk. You sit in that your face me I face u room without a passport asking me stupid question.
Why are you dodging my question? Answer the question when you are ready for the conversation.

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by salem1996: 8:23pm On Mar 01
savenaijatoday:
How much is 100 dollar akpu in naira? Can you stop fooling yaself?

Honestly, there are too many daft people in this nation.
The person that posted this thing would one day seek to be the minister of finance in our nation. Wait and see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Angelfrost(m): 8:24pm On Mar 01
DropsMic:
How much is their minimum wage you bleeping patrick of spongebob square pants

Leave minimum wage my brother...

Shebi 1 Pound can buy a wrap of fufu in Europe? Ask him what 1 Naira can purchase in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Anunakeeh: 8:24pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:

Thank you.

What i have noticed is All these Morrons that usually post these stuffs doesn't have sense. They are mostly stupiid Foools.

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by blackmantis: 8:24pm On Mar 01
No wonder the size of Akpu keeps reducing.....when it is being exported wholesale.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Angelfrost(m): 8:26pm On Mar 01
nairalanda1:

Europeans won't be buying akpu.

That's not even the point, sir...!

At least 1 Pound can purchase food in that nation... What can #50, not to speak of #1 purchase in this country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by airsaylongcome: 8:26pm On Mar 01
MikeMicheal:
Lobotomy patient. What is the minimum wage over there?

Some of una no get joy! grin Which kind insult be this?

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by arantess: 8:27pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:

He will melt away .....

They just post stuff without common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Angelfrost(m): 8:28pm On Mar 01
blackmantis:
No wonder the size of Akpu keeps reducing.....when it is being exported wholesale.

Please, don't do that!

Akpu and other staple Nigerian foods have been exported abroad for years now!

That has absolutely nothing to do with the recent food price crisis in this 4th world country.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by popcykaylah(m): 8:29pm On Mar 01
It's cos your stupid currency has no value

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by jonatoye(m): 8:29pm On Mar 01
God has been so good to us in this country, He has given us several good things even with our bad attitude to everything. God whatever sin we have committed that make Nigerians continue to elect bad leaders; please forgive us!
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Angelfrost(m): 8:31pm On Mar 01
JAMO84:
But una Sabi convert 30k minimum wage to dollar

Isn't that because your economy is 'Dollarized' due to heavy dependence on that currency for everything??!

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by hopexter(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01
NOGRUDGES:
So what?, a solid plate of soup for Bukka will go for #6000 to #10000 with this same fufu

£12 pounds minimum but with soup and meat that will feed 5people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by ogawisdom(m): 8:32pm On Mar 01
yusufadebayo02:
A wrapped of Akpu cost One hundred Naira. The same wrapped Akpu cost N1687 in Europe.

Do you know how much it takes to transport it to Europe?

Needless comparison

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Anonimoux: 8:39pm On Mar 01
SALARY
€3,500 = ₦5,600,000

Stop making fouolish posts to justify stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Anonimoux: 8:41pm On Mar 01
VinnyBaba:

Is there Cassava Cultivation in Europe? undecided
The Fufu is likely processed Fufu, Dat's y we have that price.🙂

APC Agbad0rians should Try DEVELOP their Reasonings. 😒
They are too intellectually daft for my liking.
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Anonimoux: 8:41pm On Mar 01
UncleAyo:
Here comes another mischievous comparison.

This is the same mistake some groups are doing, by declaring Nigeria as the cheapest country to live. She is cheap if you're making money in other currency, not for the citizens whose earning is based on the #30k ($20) minimum wage.

Minimum wage in Europe is between £500 to £2571
I.e. #843,500 to #4,337,277

Minimum wage in Nigeria is £17
I.e. #30,000

A person living in Europe will be able to buy about 2571 pieces of that Akpu with his/her month salary;

while a person living in Nigeria will be able to buy just 300 pieces with his/her month salary

Let's start using our brain before we make unnecessary comparison.

Don't mind all these fouolish comparison.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Mubiola360: 8:43pm On Mar 01
yusufadebayo02:
Stupid post. Stop comparing other people's country to yours. If you are in Europe or US, spend your pounds and dollar, if you are in Nigeria, spend Naira. Wait, what if Naira eventually reaches 2000 per pounds , you will say A apku cost is #2000 in Europe. What about if Naira is same as 1 dollar and pounds? A apku is 1 naira in Europe and Us.

Let's forget all theses nonsense comparison and ensure 1 naira can procure at least cabin biscuit in naira by working together to uplift our productivity, enough of sabotage .
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by Thazard(m): 8:43pm On Mar 01
savenaijatoday:
How much is 100 dollar akpu in naira? Can you stop fooling yaself?
grin grin grin
Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by obaidan: 8:45pm On Mar 01
Bankkym:

You have a shallow thinking. £1 is not cheap for a wrap of fufu in the UK. Do you think the pound is that easy to come by? If so, with the crisis facing the naira most Nigerians living in the uk would have returned home if they have just 50k in pounds or even less to start a business. But they can't. So anything you Dont produce is bound to be expensive if you have to import it. British no dey chop akpu. Why Nigerians here in Nigeria prefer kellogs corn flakes to nasco corn flakes. Una dey craze

I think people like u should talk less about systems you do not understand, A man goes to the UK, spends 10 years builds a house in Nigeria(more than 1 in some cases), has amassed in the UK let's say 30k to 50k in real estate equity(much more in a lot of cases), some retirement savings fund. And you are running your mouth that he doesn't have 50k pounds cash to bring back home to start business. Financial Literacy should be taught in Nigerian Schools. Na u dey craze

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by otherway: 8:46pm On Mar 01
yusufadebayo02:

Useless talk.

It is easier to make N1687 in Europe than to make N50 in Nigeria

BTW do they spend naira in Europe

Nairaland and useless topics these days be like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: ₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe by chatinent: 8:47pm On Mar 01
How many Europeans eat Fufu?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How I Made Egusi Soup Using 2 Methods. Which One Do You Prefer? (pics & Videos) / MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / Picture Of A Man Eating Frog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.