Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,605 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

“Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians (581 Views)

If You Provoke Us Further By Cursing Our Father, We'll Come For You -RCCG Warns / Profile Of Major-General LEO Irabor, The New Chief Of Defence Staff / BREAKING: We Have Arrested Killers Of Ex-chief Of Defence Staff, Badeh – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:40am On Feb 28
The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Christopher Musa, called on Nigerians yesterday to desist from the habit of raining curses on the nation and its leaders.

Musa warned that Nigerians must realise the efficacy and power of the spoken word and its capacity to do damage.

He made the comment at a one-day seminar themed: “Civil-Military Relations: Non-kinetic Efforts of the Nigerian Military in Security Management, Challenges and Prospects,” organised by the Defence Correspondents Association of Nigeria (DECAN) at the Army Resource Center in Abuja.

He said Nigerians must be optimistic about the nation for it to move forward.

His words: “There must be a nation before you can even discuss it, and that is very critical. Sometimes, I find it very hard to understand when I hear Nigerians speaking evil about their country.

“We all know as Africans that there’s power in the word. What you say means a lot. We must learn how to be positive about our country. That’s the only way we can be productive.

“We have seen countries, most countries, it’s not like they don’t have issues, but they don’t put their own problems in the forefront like we do, and that is what is affecting us as individuals.

“So, it’s important that we must take ownership of our country. We must wish our country well and our leaders well. When they err, let us call them to question and proffer solution.”

The defence chief further said: “It’s not just negative criticism. Every day, you are insulting; you are abusing. You are calling God to punish.

“No, you cannot kill your country because you feel it is just that you feel like that. You don’t grow a country with such attitude.

“There must be a nation before you can even discuss it, and that is very critical. Sometimes, I find it very hard to understand when I hear Nigerians speaking evil about their country.”

Source : https://politicsnigeria.com/refrain-from-cursing-our-leaders-chief-of-defence-staff-warns-nigerians/

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Malroux: 10:40am On Feb 28
So you mean we should be clapping and praising Ebola Tinubu and his cohorts everyday for destroying our country abi? If you are doing the right thing then you shouldn't worry about curses. It only affects you when you are guilty of what you were cursed for.

7 Likes

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Watianoengineer(m): 10:41am On Feb 28
Arrest and detain anyone who curses president Tinubu or his government. It will serve as a deterrent to others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by AlexBells(m): 10:43am On Feb 28
Na only course abi dem beat your leaders, this is idiocy coming from the Chief of staff that don’t seem to know the meaning of democracy. Leaders have been slapped in saner clime, did they close bulaba mouth from coursing back. If the chief staff talk anyhow his course will be waybilled until he show me a place in the constitution where it says Nigerians are not permitted to curse their leaders. Ndiara not knowing their limit.

2 Likes

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Watianoengineer(m): 10:43am On Feb 28
AlexBells:
Na only course abi dem beat your leaders, this is idiocy coming from the Chief of staff that don’t seem to know the meaning of democracy. Leaders have been slapped in saner clime, did they close bulaba mouth from coursing back,

I will screenshot your post and get you arrested

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Malroux: 10:44am On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:
Arrest and detain anyone who curses president Tinubu or his government. It will serve as a deterrent to others.
Then be ready to arrest all Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by AlexBells(m): 10:46am On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:

I will screenshot your post and get you arrested
This mumu still dey talk about arrest, make i Faward you my adress or better still send Tfair make i report to Abuja or Kaduna by myself. That thing giving you mind is the flag of my country idiot.

3 Likes

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by VinnyBaba: 10:50am On Feb 28
How about When Druggie Ebola tinibu was calling Ex President Jonathan, The son of a Drunken Fisherman

Or when his Yeye supporters were calling GEJ, Jona.daft? undecided

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Massiveglory: 10:58am On Feb 28
Cds has turned to comedian.
Comedian of the defence service grin grin

Oga cds, face your job. Leave citizens to vent their anger on the clueless grab and run with it mafias that hijack our nations.
You cannot , steal , grab and run with power and still be clueless. It is madness.

3 Likes

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Coolestguy2023: 10:59am On Feb 28
Ipob are the people fund of cursing our leaders and the nation itself. Let us call a spade a spade. The earlier we all come together collectively to speak positivity into our country and our leaders, the better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Shadomaan7: 11:09am On Feb 28
Lets focus on building a better future for our nation by speaking positively and constructively about it, rather than tearing it down with curses.
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Lumarstone: 11:19am On Feb 28
Sometimes, the policies of the leaders bring more pains to the people and the only way to let the leaders know what they did is for the people to course them.

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Cindypresh(f): 11:23am On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:

Becos the opposition never bury tinupoo in a coffin like his paid thugs did to Jonathan in 2012??

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Kaycee9242(m): 11:27am On Feb 28
So una dy fear curse? Just pray it doesn't get worse than curse since you people refuse to do the right thing
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Macdeey: 11:32am On Feb 28
Thunder ⚡⚡ to fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥 you there !
Nonsense talk 🤬

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by hisgrace090: 11:32am On Feb 28
Warn the leaders to stop inflicting hardship on the masses, the pain is now unbearable.

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Racoon(m): 11:38am On Feb 28
Nigerians must be optimistic about the nation for it to move forward.
Same crop of grossly insensitive, irresponsible and corrupt people parading themselves as leaders in Nigeria today? The embodiment of corruption president? Abeg make we hear word. This CDS is a big clown.

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Namaster: 11:41am On Feb 28
See this foolish FATMAN talking about positive thinking like a motivational speaker.

Do your job and deal with the insecurity in Nigeria.
Leave motivational speaking ALONE!

1 Like

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Sicilyjoe: 12:24pm On Feb 28
CDS u dey m@d, thunder fire u
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:28pm On Feb 28
Story for the gods!

Let them also refrain from causing hardship on the masses
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by anyilalaz: 12:43pm On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:

Wanka
Wanka
Wanka

to all our leaders that have looted and looting our common wealth.
Come and arrest me.
If you are not careful, you self go collect wanka.
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by richiemcgold: 1:58pm On Feb 28
The clampdown should start here on nairaland
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Felabrity: 2:17pm On Feb 28
Thunder fire you and the leader
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Giftedhand47(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28
I track lost or stolen phones at an affordable fee
A triall will definitely convince you
Contact me via siggy below
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Tochi3(m): 2:21pm On Feb 28
You as a fake military man together with your Chicago incompetent certificateless fraud are extremely senseless, useless and of no good to Nigeria
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by Tochi3(m): 2:24pm On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:

Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by noobody(m): 4:17pm On Feb 28
Giftedhand47:

Scammer!!

Nairaland members beware!!

https://www.nairaland.com/8006674/user-everythingphone-scammer#128692416
Re: “Refrain From Cursing Our Leaders” – Chief Of Defence Staff Warns Nigerians by noobody(m): 4:18pm On Feb 28
Giftedhand47:

Criminal!!

https://www.nairaland.com/8006674/user-everythingphone-scammer#128692416

(1) (Reply)

Daniel, Obasanjo, ‘tunji Isola, Amosun And Others Attend Funeral Of Late Nigeria / Shareholders Vow To Frustrate Planned Sale Of Troubled Banks / Govt, Others Plan Database Of Nigerians Abroad:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.