Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,943 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate (23160 Views)

Naira Rises By 7.7% As Official Exchange Rate Close At ₦‎1,142/$ / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by toprealman: 7:45pm On Feb 28
Is this strategy sustainable ? Will this Robin Hood approach do the magic? Time will tell.
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Chetas81(m): 7:45pm On Feb 28
WITH FRAUD IN NIGERIA YOU GUYS WON'T REST IN PEACE
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Fremodex: 7:45pm On Feb 28
You be olodo

ThatCEO:
You cannot use the barrel of a gun to bring down dollars grin

I was going to the BDC in zone 4 Abuja yesterday, some EFCC/DSS goons blocked the road to zone 4 and asked me to make a U-turn cheesy

Anybody who has studied FX candlesticks for a minute will see that prices goes down for a while before continuing its upward journey.

Sanusi said d reason he was sacked was because he demanded that NNPC remit their dollars. You people's only source of FX is oil, yet NNPC go release one dollar cheesy

Now you have borrowed billions of dollars from ADB against future oil production grin

Binance r filing smart. If they wait for CBN to ban them, it means they now have to wait and lobby for CBN to unban them. But if they ban themselves, they wait a few weeks, naira crashes further n they simply unban themselves n continue trading wink That way, no illiterate can blame them.

All the BDCs r given $62M per month, is it for beans n dodo? cheesy
My aunt who has a drugs production company, by now, I know only her needs at least $1M monthly to buy raw materials grin

Boys have simply ported to other exchanges, d old men don't know how easy it is to move funds across crypto exchanges n continue life as if nothing ever happened. You only need just one working exchange, and I know at least one exchange that Nigeria can't mess with cheesy cheesy Una wan die...I won't mention Names.

Make una enjoy Jare, see you at ₦3000 naira to dollar

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Saidfx(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

I was going to the BDC in zone 4 Abuja yesterday, some EFCC/DSS goons blocked the road to zone 4 and asked me to make a U-turn cheesy

Anybody who has studied FX candlesticks for a minute will see that prices goes down for a while before continuing its upward journey.

Sanusi said d reason he was sacked was because he demanded that NNPC remit their dollars. You people's only source of FX is oil, yet NNPC go release one dollar cheesy

Now you have borrowed billions of dollars from ADB against future oil production grin

Binance r filing smart. If they wait for CBN to ban them, it means they now have to wait and lobby for CBN to unban them. But if they ban themselves, they wait a few weeks, naira crashes further n they simply unban themselves n continue trading wink That way, no illiterate can blame them.

My aunt who has a drugs production company, by now, I know only her needs at least $1M monthly to buy raw materials grin

Boys have simply ported to other exchanges, d old men don't know how easy it is to move funds across crypto exchanges n continue life as if nothing ever happened. You only need just one working exchange, and I know at least one exchange that Nigeria can't mess with cheesy cheesy Una wan die...I won't mention Names.

Failure is your first name

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by AgubataAkokwa: 7:59pm On Feb 28
Richtaiwo:
The Obis praying for the fx to be 2000/$ because gringory lost election will be very sad with this news. They will soon start crying everywhere.

the goods people bought already with higher dollar price, do you expect them not to sell at same higher price? abi your brain dey pain you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Snowx: 8:03pm On Feb 28
Using cosmetic approach won't solve this issue, Govt of propaganda is treating symptoms not the cause of the sickness,..I pray naira appreciates but I don't think this appreciation will last because Agbado never gotten the solution to this mess. This APC is a bunch of propagandists..quote me anywhere if you want to buy dollar as of now it is 1600.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by jumper524(m): 8:11pm On Feb 28
bikerboy1:
Where can one buy it at N1,450?

Banks claim they don't have
watin you wan use an do?
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Babastrong(m): 8:17pm On Feb 28
[quote author=seborrhic post=128694644]Pls drop further.
No reasonable person wants to see depreciation because it caused a lot of turmoil.
The things blabulu should have done before floating the Naira he is now trying to do after causing severe haemorrhage with his callous,nonsensical statements and policies.
Nigeria and its currency CANNOT withstand the severe damage a free floating of its currency will cause.
Assuming minimum wage in all sectors was about 100k from present 21k or 30k and the average earner was on 450-500k salary,then a free float would have sailed through and be absorbed[ki
lo
mo?
what
do
you
know?
oloodo.]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by DavidEsq(m): 8:27pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

Try dey drop update na baba

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by tnerro1(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28
But why do prices keep going up, gas, bread , water , diesel, is there something we don’t know or is this an artificial control of the exchange rates?

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Benwallt(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

They should have gunned you down

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Acidosis(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28
UyaiIncomparabl

Remember my dream? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by owagbeba: 8:45pm On Feb 28
If BDC is selling at 1450, and the official exchange platform NAFEM is selling at an average of 1665 per dollar, does that mean those on the official exchange platform will run to the BDC for dollar?

Will this rush to BDC cause again rise in the dollar?

What is this cardoso’s magic? I don’t get it

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Paramount01(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28
freeGiftOfGod:
Good news.

Better news is, Jesus loves you. Come to Him today.

Answer these questions sincerely,

How old are you?
What is your highest qualifications?
Are you employed? If yes, where.

Waiting for your answer before I accept
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by PHAYOL81: 8:46pm On Feb 28
How come we don't hear the noise of dollars crashing as was always portrayed against the naira? How come we don't see the immediate reflection of this on our daily consummables as we saw it while naira was crashing?
I guess the problem of this country are the people who take advantage of every single situation to their benefits at the detriments of their fellowmen. May GOD forgive us all.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

WE RISE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by owagbeba: 8:46pm On Feb 28
Snowx:
Using cosmetic approach won't solve this issue, Govt of propaganda is treating symptoms not the cause of the sickness,..I pray naira appreciates but I don't think this appreciation will last because Agbado never gotten the solution to this mess. This APC is a bunch of propagandists..quote me anywhere if you want to buy dollar as of now it is 1600.

If BDC is selling at 1450, and the official exchange platform NAFEM is selling at an average of 1665 per dollar, does that mean those on the official exchange platform will run to the BDC for dollar?

Will this rush to BDC cause again rise in the dollar?

What is this cardoso’s magic? I don’t get it

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by owagbeba: 8:52pm On Feb 28
PHAYOL81:
How come we don't hear the noise of dollars crashing as was always portrayed against the naira? How come we don't see the immediate reflection of this on our daily consummables as we saw it while naira was crashing?
I guess the problem of this country are the people who take advantage of every single situation to their benefits at the detriments of their fellowmen. May GOD forgive us all.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

WE RISE

Who has gotten FX at 1450?
Aboki is selling at 16xx.

If the exchange band is maintained +-1600, by next week many companies will begin to factor a rate of 1650 in their pricing. But now no one is sure the rate will be held steady.

Some companies are using 1700 for pricing. Some 1650 with a wait -and-see approach.

Honestly the magic seem a bit off. BDC at 1450, and official NAFEM at 1665…kinda weird. Don’t you think so?

3 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by bemeruca: 8:57pm On Feb 28
Richtaiwo:
The Obis praying for the fx to be 2000/$ because gringory lost election will be very sad with this news. They will soon start crying everywhere.

Fool it was 600 naira.
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:57pm On Feb 28
Acidosis:

UyaiIncomparabl

Remember my dream? cheesy

I will take your dream seriously when it gets to N700-$1. Until then, rest. tongue

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by ComeToJesus: 9:05pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

Are you sure it can ever get yo 3k?
If it does, I don hammer small..

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by ComeToJesus: 9:05pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

Are you sure it can ever get to 3000 naira?
If it does, I don hammer small..
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Moneywirer: 9:08pm On Feb 28
ezechi24:
Most of these tinubus zombies are actually more daft and stupid than an actual zombie.

How can you be celebrating dollar at 1450 to naira, thesame dollar you protested against when it was 150 in 2012 ...are you people this evil and dumb?.

Stop trying to figure their slow nature,if you continue you might give yourself migraine.

1 Like

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by abobote: 9:12pm On Feb 28
DenreleDave:

Same u shouting that it will be 4k..

Two face mouth

And who told you it won't get to that
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Acidosis(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28
UyaiIncomparabl:

I will take your dream seriously when it gets to N700-$1. Until then, rest. tongue

I told you I saw N1,400 in my dream na. I can't guarantee this N700/$1 for now.

Celebrate grace and the prophetic, my dear. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by OfficialAPCNig: 9:21pm On Feb 28
Governance is not by propaganda.

Dollar has risen this evening to #1652

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by imam07: 9:24pm On Feb 28
Chinkoalhaji34:
Wow, this is good news for Nigerians as the Naira appreciates and the dollar crashes after the CBNs decision to hike interest rates.
what good news abeg. By tomorrow morning u fit hear naira loose again. No be Nigeria we dey? One step forward 2 step back ward. If dat rate no go back to #600. Tinubu do nothing

2 Likes

Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by wonyi: 9:34pm On Feb 28
Richtaiwo:

Although not an achievement. He met it around 800 naira
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by PHAYOL81: 9:39pm On Feb 28
owagbeba:

Who has gotten FX at 1450?
Aboki is selling at 16xx.

If the exchange band is maintained +-1600, by next week many companies will begin to factor a rate of 1650 in their pricing. But now no one is sure the rate will be held steady.

Some companies are using 1700 for pricing. Some 1650 with a wait -and-see approach.

Honestly the magic seem a bit off. BDC at 1450, and official NAFEM at 1665…kinda weird. Don’t you think so?

I understand your point and I'm not even arguing whether this new tempo can last or not BUT SPECULATION ALONE OFTEN INFLATE MARKET PRICES SAME DAY NAIRA CRASHES BUT WHEN DOLLARS CRASH, THEN THERE'S THE EXCUSE OF WAIT AND SEE. We are our own worst enemies. We revel in taking advantages of situation against ourselves, and go round to blame much of it solely on government.
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Tempulated(m): 9:43pm On Feb 28
ThatCEO:

Make una enjoy Jare, see you at ₦3000 naira to dollar.

Thank You Jaregrin
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Tempulated(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28
Rebirth212:
It should stop fluctuating abeg

It should be declining abeg

If things can get cheaper in the market

Keep on dreaminggrin
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by paskal16: 9:46pm On Feb 28
Richtaiwo:
ode
Re: Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate by Tempulated(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28
bikerboy1:
Where can one buy it at N1,450?

Banks claim they don't have

I bought at a bank for N1,200 today.

Make una oppressors dey deceive una m*m*grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RealFX Signals Forex Trading Service / Photos From Razak Okoya's 78th Birthday Party / The Shipyard That Built The Titanic Is Heading For Bankruptcy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.