Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth (614 Views)

Akwa Ibom Insecurity: Ibeno Under Siege As Eket, Esit Eket Strike / Senator Akpabio Campaigns In Eket (Photos) / Eket Senatorial District Mega Endorsement Rally For Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 8:00pm On Feb 28
This is just to correct the one-sided post I've been seeing concerning Eket/Ibeno clash. I'm an indegene of Esit Urua, a village bordering Eket and Ibeno. From my forefathers, Ibeno people were just settlers whose occupation was fishing. When they came to our village, they begged my forefathers to give them a place to settle and do their fishing. As times goes on, they begin to spread. As they were spreading, they began to grab our lands forcefully. I could remember as a young person, I once followed my grandmother to harvest cassava along the road that is now used today for filling station by Ibeno man, by name Samuel Epenyong. In 1993, they came to my village and burn down the whole community. Last week, a young man went and erected a structure with blocks, but Ibeno people went and destroyed that structure. That is where the whole thing started, which Ibeno nairaland journalists have failed to mention here. From the original map of Akwa Ibom State, Ibeno community was not accounted for. They were just settlers, and that is what the original owners of the place want to correct. They have forcefully taken 40% of our lands. Even the market was called Afaha market and Ibeno is not a member of Afaha clan in Akwa Ibom, but today, they have succeeded claiming that market. They are quick to violent, but I will like to assure them that it won't favour them as before.
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Thormentor: 8:04pm On Feb 28
Everyone migrated from somewhere in the past so relax

We pray for peace

2 Likes

Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by MrProlific95: 8:07pm On Feb 28
Lands are demonic, claiming lives since time immemorial.

Lands that we will all die and leave for the creator.

Peace is better, choose peace

1 Like

Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Amotolongbo(f): 8:11pm On Feb 28
MrProlific95:

When you buy a land and someone encroaches on the land to grab it from you, please I implore you to leave the land for him

3 Likes

Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 10:02pm On Feb 28
Thormentor:

We pray for peace
Will you allow someone who begged you to give him shelter in your house to force you out or start dragging your land with you? Always comment with sense

1 Like

Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 10:07pm On Feb 28
MrProlific95:

One day someone or your tenant will start dragging your house or your father's house with you. I believe by then you will choose peace and leave the house for him

1 Like

Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 10:16pm On Feb 28
Workch2:
So you brought your own land from heaven.

Nonsense talk
Your reasoning IQ is very low. I believe you were one of those who opposed Buhari's RUGA plan to Ranches for herdsmen. The same thing is happening here. Those people were given a place to settle and do their business, but they choose to drag the place from their owner. And now you are here vomiting trash.
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 10:18pm On Feb 28
Thormentor:

We pray for peace
Did you opposed Buhari's RUGA plan for herdsmen? If you didn't, why did people opposed that plan?
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Thormentor: 10:22pm On Feb 28
Pinkybush:
Did you opposed Buhari's RUGA plan for herdsmen? If you didn't, why did people opposed that plan?

Ever heard of the word "context"?
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by kenny714433(m): 11:19pm On Feb 28
So that's the reason you guys sent that pink lipped governor to give you guys access to the sea by redrawing Aks map..

Or you guys didn't migrate from somewhere to settle in Eket. You must have taught the pink lipped governor is still in office.. Sha, na Ibeno people just weak for una.
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 8:19am On Feb 29
You guys are reasoning foolishly. You first migrate to a place, take control of that place. Years later, someone came and begged you to please give him a place to stay and do business. You gave that person a place to stay just for business. After few years the person who came and begged for a place to stay and do business begin to drag that place with you, will you agree? I hope you guys don't know what is called Landlord and Tenant. You build a house, someone came and begged you to give him a room to stay. Out of sympathy you agreed. But few years later the person start dragging your house with you, will you fold yours hands and watch as the person take possession of your property? Why are you people reasoning with your anus?
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 8:22am On Feb 29
kenny714433:
So that's the reason you guys sent that pink lipped governor to give you guys access to the sea by redrawing Aks map..

Or you guys didn't migrate from somewhere to settle in Eket. You must have taught the pink lipped governor is still in office.. Sha, na Ibeno people just weak for una.
Hunger has destroyed your reasoning ability
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 8:26am On Feb 29
Had it been Ibeno people are living peacefully, who would've heard of all these clashes every time, but they prefer to cause problem, fighting the people they once begged to stay.
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Pinkybush: 8:28am On Feb 29
Amotolongbo:
When you buy a land and someone encroaches on the land to grab it from you, please I implore you to leave the land for him
Don't mind them. I know hunger has caused a lot to their reasoning ability.
Re: Eket/ibeno Clash - The Truth by Panda7(m): 9:41am On Feb 29
On a normal day I wouldn't commented on this said topic, but unless the people who brings war and underdevelopment had a time purchase the land from the government or holds any court valid license to prove that. every land there and roads belongs to the government and the government under the land acts use law has every rights to take over any land for development process, commercial or agricultural purpose especially as long as there is no licensed, planned and surveyed structure on the said land. Anything above that is the people fighting the government of the day. No one has any constitutional rights over land especially fighting the government in doing so. People claiming they moved to the steep creeks in 1800 and by so doing preventing government development and claiming entitlement are as such fighting for the wrong course. The people of that region have continuously contributed to the underdevelopment in both the state and federal government by stalling the peace and making wars against the industrial projects situated at that location and by not contributing quotas to the revenues of the government and employment even after collecting entitlement for many years from the oil companies in that region with nothing to show fourth. Any sensible community would have join to work with the industrial companies who have come there to work and not causing havocs. As for the PIB they wants to fight for, it is clearly for every indigene of the state and not for any particular ethnic groups or people, and you cannot claim to love what you hate when you have no common love for the people from the same state and beyond. Migrating to the area/region does not make you the land owner or sole entitlement of the land or of the state akwa ibom which comprises 31 other local governments, without considering the descendents or grandchildren of the origins of akwa ibom. Instead the money would be channel to properly cater and care for the future of the states and not some miscreants and ingrates who won't add any educational value to the state. And for ijaw claiming to own the lands in the border of akwa ibom states, it is even more proper to say they own the entire akwa ibom and her people. Any one who would listen to these stories would know the ijaws are just a miscreants and peasant farmers/fishers who have migrated there to cause war and havoc against the origins and host, else you can clearly point ijaw is not part of akwa ibom but migrants who have their states but do not wants people development anywhere. Imagine stopping development that is leading to the Atlantic ocean, did you buy the Atlantic ocean or the lands you occupy?.
Did they realize this could prevents or delay the development of the ibom deep seaport, industrial city, 8 lanes super highway and the bua refinery?

(1) (Reply)

Life Before Death ! ! ! / Au Body Halts Execution Of 20 Nigerians In Libya / Boko Haram Suspects Arraigned For Treasonable Felony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.