Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

# *heat Stress Problem!* - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / # *heat Stress Problem!* (93 Views)

Heat Stress Alert!! Say No To Heat Stress With Electric Fogger. Call 09094538736 / How To Overcome Heat Stress In Poultry Production / Heat Stress In Poultry Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

# *heat Stress Problem!* by Mikkyfirst22(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28
It’s no longer news what farmers are experiencing this season. Some have started coursing the hot season why it came this year. I DON’T NEED TO POST DISHEARTENING PICTURES HERE.

Truth be told, hot season is the most productive season with less expenditure in poultry farming. Yes. I advised some of my farmers this season not to brood their birds with external heat just put them in the brooder and gives feed and water and they did excellently.

Do you know what they saved for brooding cost?

A farmer called me on Monday lamenting over 280 birds lost in a day to heat stress while I was just dropping a call from another who was currently at the farm picking dead birds he can’t comfortably count at the moment.

The reality is, every farmer has had a taste of this disaster and only a few learnt how to handle it conveniently.

Do you know?

Heat stress comes with CRD which is often untreatable if not handled immediately?

No amount of vitamin given to your birds can revive them of heat stress if you don’t change the condition that exposes them to too much heat?

* Heat stress weakens your birds’ immune system making them susceptible to numerous diseases resulting to poor feeding and water consumption, poor feed conversion and poor or stunted growth?

Note: It may take a long time for your birds to recover from heat stress.

Of course, most farmers don’t know. However, the hot season is the most productive season for farmers.

How?

It help them save some expenses in brooding because they don’t need to send money on gas, kerosene, charcoal or electricity.

Save expenses in feeding and medication too – birds during this hot season don’t need too much feeding and medication.

The reasons is:

"They generate internal body heat when they consume too much feed adding to the extreme hot weather which can cause a great disaster so you need to feed them less. the secrete is in enriching your feed with organic feed additives and boosters to ensure that the little they take serve them all the required nutrients".

> *You need to clean their Penn often to avoid ammonia buildup which is the root cause of CRD. Cleaning your Penn often is one surest ways to keep diseases at bay.*

So you can see that the hot weather is a blessing in disguise to some farmers?

The secrets to surviving the extreme hot weather here this season are:

• Regular cleaning of your Penn

• Spreading very little or no wood shavings on the floor of your Penn to help your birds rest their chest on the cool floor during the hot hours

• Feeding very early in the morning and late in the evening – only serve your birds feed they can finish completely before 11am and serve them ordinary water.

• Serve water in drinkers that are easily accessible. Nipple or drip drinkers this season are not recommended.

• When attending to your birds, always serve them water first to avoid chocking.

• Serve water in open drinkers if possible to help your birds take as much as they can conveniently.

•Serve your birds greens or fruits during the hot afternoon. Water melon, water leaf, pumpkin leaf, king of bitters, bitter leaf and a lot of others are amazing digestible for your birds.

• Get a big bowl of water inside your Penn. Some birds understand when they are going into severe heat stress and help themselves to cool off inside the bowl of water. Talking from experience.

• Spray water on your birds to help them cool off. Some farmers say it’s stressful but I know a farmer who dipped over 600 broilers in water to help them cool off when he suspected heat stress and he never lose anyone. Note: He did this all by himself.

• If you used to visit your birds twice in the farm before (morning and evening), please, you need to increase it to 4 times now.

• Change their water often. Your birds will avoid warm water even though they are extremely thirsty and going into shock. Possible, drop some cubes of ice inside their drinking water often.

• Don’t Startle your birds at any time within the hot times of the day. If you meet them lying down at any spot cooling off just let them be. Don’t make any attempt to move them or make them get up. If you do disturb them, you’re indirectly killing them.

I got another shocking news from a farmer yesterday losing 120 birds to heat stress in a day. Of course, some farmers feels the same management practices applies to both hot and cold weather but that’s their worst mistake. Imagine brooding DOC for 9 days this hot season and only visiting them twice a day. I believe if he had visited them earlier, he could have been able to savage the situation on time.

Please, be vigilant and save your investment. Spend money to earn money. Go for intensive trainings to know how best to manage your poultry farm if you really need to stay long in the business. I don’t mean you should jump on every training advertisement but try to find out which is genuine and would offer good value for your time and money and grab such opportunities.

# *Remember, Ignorance has made some poultry farmers lose more than poultry diseases have.*

## *TO MY ORGANIC FARMERS, I HUMBLY PLEAD WITH YOU TO TAKE THESE POINTS VERY SERIOUSLY.*

It’s evident in our results that organic gives the fastest growth and amazing weight gain ever. This is a signal that our birds could be affected more by heat stress since the fast growing birds goes through heat stress more often than the smaller ones.

I hope this is helpful?

Any questions? feel free to leave a comment at the comment section or inbox.

# STILL DELIVERING ALL THE ORGANIC MEDICATIONS TO ALL THE STATES WITHIN NIGERIA

* *Organic antibiotics plus boosters and vitamins*

* *Organic Anti COCCI*

* *Organic Anti CRD*

* *Organic Feed additives*

AUTHOR: @Mikkyfirst – (Mr. Organic)

Call or chat: 08108341405, 08168131581

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rabbit Feed / Tilling The Soil Of Antiquity: Unveiling Ancient Agricultural Techniques / NADF Supports Ginger Farmers With N1.6 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.