Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me (565 Views)

How To Find The Best Fueling Stations For Your Car / Would You Advise Me To Get A Nissan And Which One Please? / Please Advise Me: Seller Has No Custom Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by Deew22: 1:21am On Feb 29
Hi guys.
yesterday evening, I went to buy fuel cos I want to travel in the next few days.
I had quarter tank already. my tank is 62 liters (Benz c230). so I just bought 30k (44.9 Liters) fuel which should add to the quarter I had to full my tank or very very close to full tank.
I bought at Mobil where I usually buy fuel.

it was already at closing hour. They had closed already and had very few cars inside and they were trying to serve them and close. I had to beg one of the attendants who instructed the security man to open the gate for me.

while he was serving, others who came with gallons and other containers were declined by the guy, he insisted that it's only cars he sells to.

when it got to my turn, I came down and paid 30k using the POS. their price is 668 Naira per liter. I had calculated it earlier, so I expected 44.91liters. The guy served me, I watched the reading on the machine, it counted from 0 naira to 30K, and the liters also moved from 0 to 44.91 liters as I expected. my eyes were all on the reading so I am sure of this.

when I started my car, my fuel gauge moved only to half tank from the quarter I had earlier. I continued driving thinking it will go up. I got to my destination which is just about half a kilometer away. my gauge is still on half tank. at a point I began thinking my fuel gauge is faulty. but if at all it is faulty, why did it move from quarter to half tank?

I am so confused right now. Is it possible that I have been cheated? How possible is this when my eyes were focused on the reading when my car was being fueled. 30k for fuel is a very huge amount in this economy. is it possible I was served only 15Liters instead of 45 liters? do you have experience working in a fueling station?
I feel so angry right now. please advise me.

@Seun lalasticala please help me move this to front page make I get advise
Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:16am On Feb 29
You were scammed. Some petrol stations sell half-liter for the price of a full liter, next time use a plastic Jerry-can or keg to buy petrol and pour it into your car.
Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by Deew22: 2:23am On Feb 29
MASTERCHIEF0847:
You were scammed. Some petrol stations sell half-liter for the price of a full liter, next time use a plastic Jerry-can or keg to buy petrol and pour it into your car.

How possible is this given the scenario?
The reading was accurate

1 Like

Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by coolcharm(m): 6:08am On Feb 29
The fact that the attendant refused selling to people coming with gallons points to only one direction... The pump was adjusted and he'll be exposed if he sold to them.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by 2shure: 6:55am On Feb 29
U should have bought In keg. Be like say na air dem blow inside or the fuel don finish and they kept selling into your car .nawa o
Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:44am On Feb 29
Deew22:

How possible is this given the scenario?
The reading was accurate
The fuel attendants usually temper with the meter resulting in inaccurate reading. It's not a new thing.
Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by seetomorrow: 7:27pm On Feb 29
Deew22:
Hi guys.
yesterday evening, I went to buy fuel cos I want to travel in the next few days.
I had quarter tank already. my tank is 62 liters (Benz c230). so I just bought 30k (44.9 Liters) fuel which should add to the quarter I had to full my tank or very very close to full tank.
I bought at Mobil where I usually buy fuel.

it was already at closing hour. They had closed already and had very few cars inside and they were trying to serve them and close. I had to beg one of the attendants who instructed the security man to open the gate for me.

while he was serving, others who came with gallons and other containers were declined by the guy, he insisted that it's only cars he sells to.

when it got to my turn, I came down and paid 30k using the POS. their price is 668 Naira per liter. I had calculated it earlier, so I expected 44.91liters. The guy served me, I watched the reading on the machine, it counted from 0 naira to 30K, and the liters also moved from 0 to 44.91 liters as I expected. my eyes were all on the reading so I am sure of this.

when I started my car, my fuel gauge moved only to half tank from the quarter I had earlier. I continued driving thinking it will go up. I got to my destination which is just about half a kilometer away. my gauge is still on half tank. at a point I began thinking my fuel gauge is faulty. but if at all it is faulty, why did it move from quarter to half tank?

I am so confused right now. Is it possible that I have been cheated? How possible is this when my eyes were focused on the reading when my car was being fueled. 30k for fuel is a very huge amount in this economy. is it possible I was served only 15Liters instead of 45 liters? do you have experience working in a fueling station?
I feel so angry right now. please advise me.

@Seun lalasticala please help me move this to front page make I get advise

Whenever you want to buy fuel make sure you make use of the machine that is selling to Geg at same time

1 Like

Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by Whois(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01
We learn daily
seetomorrow:

Whenever you want to buy fuel make sure you make use of the machine that is selling to Geg at same time
Re: I Was Cheated At The Fueling Station. Please Advise Me by fineboynl(m): 10:26pm On Mar 01
The last meeting marketers had with the presidency to increase the price of fuel. They refuse the increase instead they agreed to adjust the meter. I am taking from experience. The yellow 🟡 light which is reserved in most cars is 15 litres. From the reserve marke to the half thank is 25 litre. If you have a a quarter tank you already have 30 to 35 litres. So if you put 15 litres for quarter tank it should move above the half tank. But today after that last meeting with the federal government you will just buy 20 lite and it will still be below the half mark.

https://www.nairaland.com/8008063/petrol-officially-1k-anywhere-sell#128732093

(1) (Reply)

162 Lagos Drivers Tested Positive For Cocaine, Marijuana / Few Questions Please! / I Need To Learn Driving, Any School Here?? Its Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.