Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi (13970 Views)

Crowdfunding Ransom Will Worsen Kidnapping, Badaru, Defence Minister Warns / Tinubu Govt Inherited Terrible Economic Situation - Oshiomhole / Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by favor914: 11:32am On Feb 29
Coolestguy2023:

Stop comparing me to your biological father.
Ordinary comprehension they hard you abi? I was referring to Gringory Obi, Mr consumption to production himself, what concerns me with a nonentity like yourself?

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by adefitim(m): 11:32am On Feb 29
Peter Obi is right

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:33am On Feb 29
favor914:
Former treasury of Mobil oil as of 1990 before you were born, is a poor man?
before he now became Lagos state governor to start looting money till today right 👍👍👍👍 a dullard must support a dullard what a corn3
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Nice2023(m): 11:33am On Feb 29
IgbosCriminals:
Omo,

This social media influencer again.

Na statistics we go chop?

If no be say this man don govern small state before, one would have thought he is a different politician.

Keep the advice you got from a mad man to yourself

U know kuku ma know the stuff he is dishing out.

That is an expert advice.

Na ur head him dey save but ur own na to chop and sleep. It is beyond politics.

Ask govt workers who rely on loans and see how much they are being charged now.

It is not a joke.
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by favor914: 11:34am On Feb 29
Obviouslyblunt:
his username. Nothing about anything he posted bothers anyone
True talk the obviouslyblunt name, says a lot about the person behind it.
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Coolestguy2023: 11:35am On Feb 29
favor914:
Ordinary comprehension they hard you abi? I was referring to Gringory Obi, Mr consumption to production himself, what concerns me with a nonentity like yourself?

No vex. I wasn't calming down to read you comment properly. So sorry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Angelfrost(m): 11:35am On Feb 29
CountinBlessins:
I have to side with PO on this!!! I have often wondered why Tinubu is not taking any original steps?!! why keep recycling old policies that older administrations either tried and didnt work or announced and never tried? what excatly is the problem?

Why not come out be bold and tackle head on those sabotaging the economy either through terrorism like bokoharam and iswap aka bandits or the currency sabotuers? wht is he afraid of? Why is he hesistant to do the needful? what do they have on him that is making him sit and watch the economy erode to this extent? at this rate tinubu may not do 4 years complete even

What is he afraid of?!!!

Did you just ask that?!! grin

He should come out and fight those who installed him in that office?!!

Can the corrupt truly eradicate corruption without first purging themselves of corruption?!!

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by favor914: 11:35am On Feb 29
Riskymarvelous:
before he now became Lagos state governor to start looting money till today right 👍👍👍👍 a dullard must support a dullard what a corn3
Well the dullard is your President & commander in Chief, it goes a long way to show how intelligent you really are, no be my fault say they born you for the corn3 of the dullard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by favor914: 11:37am On Feb 29
Coolestguy2023:

No vex. I wasn't calming down to read you comment properly. So sorry
I no vex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Bhoyhe85: 11:41am On Feb 29
It's because most of the policy makers are not into production. They don't run businesses or factories but just wear tie and suit and be making decisions they don't have understanding of it's implication.

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Kukutenla: 11:41am On Feb 29
Rostikol:
Obi go and find a JOB.

This man no get work?

Everyday he’s on social media yarning dust.
He's a trader
Can't you read?

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Jayhome24: 11:42am On Feb 29
Ok Gringory thanks for telling us but presidency you will never get.

When you blabla finish you will keep quiet and enter your house.
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Zeebuy: 11:42am On Feb 29
Rostikol:
Obi go and find a JOB.

This man no get work?

nothingspoil70:
Must this clown always open his mouth? Can't he just shut up to hide his ignorance?

Social media president
Coolestguy2023:
Can this fool just shut up and stop behaving intelligent when he is actually very dull and dumb. Creating nuisance in the country

See them. Pack of rabid dogs. If Tinubu had said this same thing y'all would be hailing him but your grouse is that it was said be Obi who y'all love to hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Glassysea(m): 11:43am On Feb 29
This is our country let obi and Atiku join Tinubu for a better Nigeria I believe them can share ideas together to move the country forward

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by paskal16: 11:44am On Feb 29
Tell that druggie and his patch patch cbn bozo governor
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Irupetepete: 11:46am On Feb 29
IgbosCriminals:
Omo,

If to say this man Neva govern small state before, one would have thought he is a different politician.

the problem with you guys is that lots of you are braindead and not redeemable... Even till today, trump still criticize Biden...
Anything Peter Obi, una go just dey behave like say una mama get menstrual cramp
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by christistruth01: 11:46am On Feb 29
Market Container Economics doesn't know that the hike in interest rates is meant to Strengthen the Naira

1 Like

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by HBB1(m): 11:46am On Feb 29
Izuchukwu70:
This guy should shut up. He doesn't know jack about monetary policy. CBN needs to control the inflation but raising the bank rate. That's how it's done all over the world. America did it mire than 8 times in 2022/ 2023.

I tire o!

Liz Truss did not do it and ended up tanking the Pound, losing her job in the process.

Sunak immediately yanked it up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by christistruth01: 11:47am On Feb 29
Market Container Economist doesn't know or understand that the hike in interest rates is meant to Strengthen the Naira
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Benoxvals(m): 11:47am On Feb 29
IgbosCriminals:
Omo,

If to say this man Neva govern small state before, one would have thought he is a different politician.

You dare call ANAMBRA STATE a small state?
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by jmoore(m): 11:48am On Feb 29
Miles300:
Increasing interest rate in the face of inflation is a global practice , I don't see anything wrong here
There are many types of inflation. Ours is cost push inflation which is caused by fuel subsidy removal, high cost of dollars which makes cost of production to rise.
How would an increase in interest rate reduce the price of petrol and diesel?
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by InvertedHammer: 11:50am On Feb 29
/
They don't understand that tightening the interest rate is done when the economy is so good that there is too much money supply in the system leading to runaway inflation.
Growth cannot be spurred in a distressed economy by closing the window of borrowing to producers. They should be looking for solution for stagflation (stagnant economy + inflation) and not just inflation. If only some people can get their brains away from textbooks and apply common sense in a homegrown economics, Nigeria will be great.

/

2 Likes

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by ssstiktokpk11: 11:50am On Feb 29
As SSSTikTok continues to gain traction and attract a growing user base, the future looks promising for the innovative social media platform. With ongoing updates and enhancements, SnapTik is poised to redefine the way we create, share, and consume content online.
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Themandator: 11:51am On Feb 29
Rostikol:
Obi go and find a JOB.

This man no get work?

Find work ke?

It is like you don't know that his business runs as a system.

Type Peter Obi company estate in port Harcourt make you see wetin this man get for that place

2 Likes

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by oilyngbati(m): 11:51am On Feb 29
Rostikol:
Obi go and find a JOB.

This man no get work?

There's nothing wrong on him and the rest of the opposition proffering a different angle to things. It’s democracy and it makes the ruling party work harder to better the lives of the people, especially when they know they will be up for re-election. My only problem with Obi is his failure to reign in his uncouth obidients/ipob, whose stock in trade is to insult their fathers and mothers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by casualobserver: 11:52am On Feb 29
First he says he is not an expert, then he proceeds to comment on matters on which he is no expert.

This is not importing without producing or deceiving gullible followers on which he is no doubt the greatest expert in Nigeria.

It is no coincidence that since the policies were announced Naira has appreciated. The biggest cause of inflation in Nigeria is the exchange rate. Even people who have no forex input start to increase prices. Price of petrol went up in May and has not gone up since, so why is the price of tomatoes or yam going up? Because once Naira falls everyone adjusts prices in line with the dollar.

So in the absence of increased supply of forex, this is one way you affect the exchange rate….by reducing money supply and adjusting the comparative interest rate differential making the Naira returns more attractive for foreign portfolio investors. This inflow of dollars gives the country a window to stabilize the economy. It is a short term measure and to those who talk about manufacturers and interest rates, which do they prefer, increased import costs or increased borrowing costs? Ask them to pick one and when they think about it, I am sure they will pick increase in interest rates.

This is economics not philosophy.

2 Likes

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:52am On Feb 29
favor914:
Well the dullard is your President & commander in Chief, it goes a long way to show how intelligent you really are, no be my fault say they born you for the corn3 of the dullard.
you com be slave of dullard awon eleleya radarada oshi alaini lakaye
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by AmuDimpka: 11:52am On Feb 29
favor914:
Former treasury of Mobil oil as of 1990 before you were born, is a poor man?
which Mobil...Na so una dey lie

Mobil said they don't know that character
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by AmuDimpka: 11:53am On Feb 29
Izuchukwu70:

You are illiterate. CBN has no choice. Emefiele printed too much money.
you must be a yoruba man..so Emefiele is the president to order printing of.money

You must be a Ronuist
Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by lapintoz: 11:53am On Feb 29
Awon clowns.....

Any thrash coming out of this beer palour economic expert will be jubilated upon by his mumu followers.

We need low interest rate so more breweries can be built in...........you know where 😄

Ogiame:
The clown called Cardoso and his master does not have anything upstairs.

God will continually bless you your Excellency.

2 Likes

Re: CBN’s 22.5% Interest Rate Will Worsen Economic Situation – Peter Obi by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:54am On Feb 29
This man annoys me when he talks,he is always countering govt progressive actions,without giving one sane solution. angrywhat rubbish!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UPDATE: Tribunal Did Not Sack Orji Kalu, His Certificate Remains Intact / Sack Judgement Is Just To Stop Dave Umahi's Presidential Ambition (Opinion) / Abiola’s ‘Inaugural Address’ On June 11, 1994

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.