Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC (738 Views)

El-Rufai Dares NLC To Return To Kaduna For Protest / Farooq Kperogi: Nigerians Fight For God But Can’t Fight For Themselves / You Can't Beat APC In Osun State - Tinubu Dares PDP (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by olatade(m): 4:14pm On Feb 29
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Thursday condemned the recent protest by the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), warning the Labour movement to know that it is not the only voice of the people.

He spoke at the commissioning of the Lagos Red Line Train connecting from Agbado to Oyingbo.

The Labour Union had on Tuesday staged a protest over hardship in the land as well as the refusal of the federal government to implement agreement reached with the unions.

But Tinubu came hard on the Labour in the course of his remark, saying Labour Union should understand that despite its acclaimed right and freedom, it cannot fight an administration which is just nine-month old.

This is just as Tinubu stated that there was no going back on his reforms despite resistance by those he called ‘smugglers’.

He also reiterated that corruption is fighting back and vowed that the government would exterminate corruption.

Tinubu said the current hardship occasioned by the removal of fuel subsidy and the unification of the exchange rate is temporary, begging Nigerians to persevere.

“There is very bright light at the end of the tunnel. Nigeria will be out of economic problem, we just need to persevere and work hard,” the President declared.

But facing the Labour, he reiterated that the NLC is not the only voice of the people and warned the congress to maintain peace.

He said, “Allow me to throw a jab here. The Labour Union should understand that you are not the only with freedom and rights.

“If you want to participate in the electoral process, meet us in 2027. If not maintain peace. You are not only voice of Nigeria.”

The President said the commissioning of the red line was the culmination of the vision he nursed 25 years ago when he was governor of the state, calling for more collaboration between the Ministry of Transport and other states to develop railway infrastructures across the country.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-you-cant-fight-me-tinubu-dares-nlc/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by seunmsg(m): 4:23pm On Feb 29
“If you want to participate in the electoral process, meet us in 2027. If not maintain peace. You are not only voice of Nigeria.”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by garriAndsugar: 4:26pm On Feb 29
He also reiterated that corruption is fighting back and vowed that the government would exterminate corruption
Lol

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by omowolewa: 4:26pm On Feb 29
They question is, "what is the protest meant to achieve?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by Lumarstone: 4:37pm On Feb 29
NLC remains a useless organization, they refused to act when Nigerians needed them most.

Tinubu and all his jabs remains useless becz he did the right thing at the wrong time.

Some fools here will still try to defend leadership failure of economic brainless of BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by SpartaOfLagos: 4:43pm On Feb 29
Imagine a corrupt president talking about fighting corruption ..

Can corruption fight corruption ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by yarimo(m): 5:03pm On Feb 29
Under AJAERO nlc is now union of unserious people claiming labour leaders

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by Kaycee9242(m): 5:13pm On Feb 29
Always talking like a tout

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by Melagros(m): 5:49pm On Feb 29
COMRADES Tinubu is very irresponsible

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by favor914: 6:13pm On Feb 29
Lumarstone:
NLC remains a useless organization, they refused to act when Nigerians needed them most.

Tinubu and all his jabs remains useless becz he did the right thing at the wrong time.

Some fools here will still try to defend leadership failure of economic brainless of BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
Sharap, spiteful thing, everything you must blame Tinubu.
Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by favor914: 6:14pm On Feb 29
Melagros:
COMRADES Tinubu is very irresponsible
Because he told you the truth, along side the Labor party & you Gringory Obi Obidient conrades?
Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by favor914: 6:18pm On Feb 29
Kaycee9242:
Always talking like a tout
Kai, e be like say Jagaban statement hit una below the belt? The wailing & gnashing from all 4 cardinal points is serious.

They say the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow.
Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by favor914: 6:21pm On Feb 29
SpartaOfLagos:
Imagine a corrupt president talking about fighting corruption ..

Can corruption fight corruption ?
They say show me your leaders, and I will tell you who you are, your President is corrupt, most definitely you the citizens are just as corrupt, & probably worse.
Re: You Can’t Fight Me, Tinubu Dares NLC by ambale(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29
favor914:
Kai, e be like say Jagaban statement hit una below the belt? The wailing & gnashing from all 4 cardinal points is serious.

They say the truth is a very bitter pill to swallow.

Is the position of the President a joke?

Why do we have guys that would defend all sort of nonsense sha

I want to believe some of you are on a payroll truly to defend the government

Cos how can a man you claim the country elected talk so carelessly and you find. Nothing wrong in it cos you think some particular persons are pained?

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Onion - Biden SOTU Speech. / Another Rivers Commissioner Resigns / Why Is Safety Not Priority In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.