Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,722 members, 7,851,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:04 PM

How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills (323 Views)

See The Rich Lifestyle Of Zlatan Ibile Biography Net-worth Performance Fee / Kizz Daniel Refunds N3Million Performance Fee To Babcock Students / Mr. Jollof Pours Encomium On Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills by OnlineNewsPlus: 6:27pm On Feb 29
Popular Nigerian comedian and show producer Mr Jollof, says that Afrobeat singer, Burna Boy once rejected N1 billion offer to appear at a concert organized by him and some investors.

Mr. Jollof revealed that they approached the singer’s team with an offer of $1 million (N1.3 billion) for a concert in Warri, Delta State but his team refused it saying that it was less than what the singer charged.

The comedian revealed this in a recent post made on his official Instagram page. READ

Mr Jollof wrote in Pidgin English, “Me and some investors reached out to Burna Boy’s team for a concert in Delta State for One Million US Dollars (1.3 billion Naira today’s rate).

Guess what? They said it’s too small. “Burna Boy no dey Nigeria lane again too because we didn’t utilize him enough before he was exported to the global music market. No jokes.”

Watch the video below:

https://www.onlinenewsplus.com.ng/2024/02/how-burna-boy-rejected-n1bn-performance.html

1 Like

Re: How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills by Mikespecialone(m): 6:42pm On Feb 29
You think say odogwu na nickname ?
Re: How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills by immortalcrown(m): 7:08pm On Feb 29
Had it been he accepted the money, could the show have generated up to ₦1b for the show organizers?

Or, is it that the show is a coverup for something else?

These are sincere questions because I wonder how a one-night show in Warri is worth paying one artist ₦1b. And there are other artists to be paid for the same show. And many other expenses for the same show. This means that up to or more than ₦2b will be spent on the show. So, how will the same show yield the money? I sincerely need to learn about such shows.
Re: How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills by matify83: 7:08pm On Feb 29
That's serious.

Anything you are good at, don't do it for free.

Re: How Burna Boy Rejected N1bn Performance Fee – Mr Jollof Spills by Mryacks: 8:40pm On Feb 29
immortalcrown:
Had it been he accepted the money, could the show have generated up to ₦1b for the show organizers?

Or, is it that the show is a coverup for something else?

These are sincere questions because I wonder how a one-night show in Warri is worth paying one artist ₦1b. And there are other artists to be paid for the same show. And many other expenses for the same show. This means that up to or more than ₦2b will be spent on the show. So, how will the same show yield the money? I sincerely need to learn about shows.

True talk....hmm some of these things are just smokescreens for bigger stuff going on "behind the scenes"

(1) (Reply)

Tems Disclosed That She Signed An NDA Before Collaborating With Beyonce / My Viral Post On $DAVIDO Memecoin Scam / Nigeria's President Meets Campaigners For Girls Abducted By Boko Haram.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.