Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu (14150 Views)

We Have No Investment In Geometric Power Project - Alex Otti / Governor Otti Sets Up Judicial Panel To Probe Past Administration / Rotimi Akeredolu Repairing 300 Vehicles Used By Past Administrations In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by fergie001: 9:00pm On Feb 29
A former Commissioner of Information in the Okezie Victor Ikpeazu-led Government, John Okiyi Kalu has openly called out the Abia State Government for trying to distort the roles played by former Governors TA Orji and Ikpeazu in the successful completion of the Geometric Power Plant in Aba.

Following the commissioning of the plant that has won plaudits far and wide, the Commissioner for Information Okey Kanu and SA to the Governor on Media/Publicity, Ferdinand Ekeoma, had both pooh-poohed the role(s) of past administrations in the success of the Plant.

Kanu told journalists that there is no existing financial commitment by the previous administration to the Geometric Power Project.

However, Okiyi Kalu has amplified the role played by the OVI-administration;

Geometric: Facts About Investment of $5m by Abia State Government Under the Watch of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu

I read social media exchanges on the validity or otherwise of the statement that Abia State Government under the watch of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu invested Five Million Dollars (USD 5,000,000.00) representing 5% equity holding in Geometric Power Company Aba and wish to state as follows for the sake of posterity only:

1. I was personally in the Abia State Executive Council meeting Chaired by the then Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu wherein approval was given to the Abia State Ministry of Finance to invest the sum of $5m in the Geometric Power company as payment for 5% equity contribution on behalf of Ndi Abia.

2. As at the time the investment was authorized, Abia State Government insisted on paying the Naira equivalent using the prevailing official exchange rate of N395/$ as agreed with the management of the company.

3. According to information available to me, the state government was expected to pay N1,975,000,000.00 (One Billion, Nine Hundred and Seventy Five Million Naira Only) to the company as the equivalent of $5m for 5% equity in the project.

4. As correctly reported in the attached budget performance report, I am aware that the State Government under the leadership of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu actually transferred the sum of N1.42bn to the bank account of Geometric (possibly Stanbic IBTC account) and it was acknowledged by no less a person than Prof Bart Nnaji himself in his capacity as “Chairman/CEO” of the company via an official letter dated 24th August 2022.

5. In that same acknowledgement letter that I was aware of at the time, Prof Nnaji requested for the payment of the balance of N565m to complete the agreed total of N1.975bn representing $5m investment.

6. Among other things, in that acknowledegment letter which was addressed to Governor Okezie Ikpeazu by Prof Bart Nnaji, he appreciated the efforts of the Governor and the “support rendered Geometric Power in ensuring that the Aba IPP project is completed." Obviouosly, Prof was not only speaking to the equity investment but also the focused and unflinching promotion of the company before international investors in Africa including AfDB and AFREXIM Bank that later gave a facility to the company with which they completed the project as well as the amicable resolution of the long standing imbroglio with EEDC.

6. I am not aware of whether or not the balance of N565m was paid to the company but I guess the Commissioner for Finance and/or the Accountant General of the state at that time would know. I am certain of the payment of N1.42bn out of the N1.975bn from the state account.

7. In the light of the above facts known to me, I am shocked to read that during a recent interview, Prof Bart Nnaji was asked about the $5 million investment by the past administration and he reportedly responded that “there is nothing like that”, further claiming that “nobody has given us any dollar."

8. As a citizen of Abia State, I wish to call on Prof Bart Nnaji to immediately clarify the statement credited to him to the effect that he did not receive in part or whole the agreed equity contribution made by Abia State Government in lieu of 5% share for the people of the state in Geometric Power project at Aba.

9. If I see any written official denial of the above facts stated by me from our respected Prof Bart Nnaji, I will proceed to publish documentary evidence available to me in order to safeguard the interest of our people, after confirming from my lawyers that I will not be breaching any law by doing so.

10. I wish to also thank fellow Citizen Eke Ako who diligently unearthed the portion of our published 2022 financial performance report showing that the state government actually made the payment of N1.4bn to Geometric Power. It is good for citizens to factually review and share information available in the public space rather than join the “o yes” bandwagon of paid propagandists. If not for anything, the current administration in the state can now diligently follow up and protect our collective investment.

11. It is also important that while we celebrate the reported commissioning of Geometric Power, Aba, that due acknowledgment be given to Governors T.A. Orji and Okezie Ikpeazu, PhD, for the work they did to ensure that today becomes a reality. It is important for Prof Nnaji and others to do so in a very public manner.

Congratulations to Geometric Power Company and Ndi Abia. Hopefully, this will not end up as another “film trick” and our hardworking people will enjoy 24/7 uninterrupted power service. This project should also bode well for Enyimba Economic City project as originally planned.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Former Commissioner For Trade & Investment, Abia State.
26/02/2024

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by successmatters(m): 9:02pm On Feb 29
Just don't annoy us before we initiate the process of recall on the crook Ikpeazu.

The time for propaganda in Abia state is gone, we have got a governor who was selected by our people themselves and he is doing well. If not for the evil structure of PDP, Ikpeazu and his evil gang cannot win a town council election in any village in Eastern Nigeria.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by successmatters(m): 9:07pm On Feb 29
Dabras22:
Who will counter this now

The people of Abia state,

15 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by adekanmbi1986(m): 9:07pm On Feb 29
Okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by bigdammyj: 9:07pm On Feb 29
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by AlexBells(m): 9:07pm On Feb 29
It is easy for you people in Aba to bicker under stable electricity, I no blame una, if the heat for Enugu hit una, you go understand.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Coolestguy2023: 9:08pm On Feb 29
Watch the children of hate find a way to bring in Tinubu and then insult him

33 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by farouk2much(m): 9:08pm On Feb 29
Yeye news from yeye region....

5 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Savenigeria2023: 9:08pm On Feb 29
You can be sure a section of Nigeria is praying the Geometric power project fails just to spite another section of the country. You can argue all you want but the truth is staring us all in the face.

This is the exact reason Nigeria cannot work with its current structure. The enemy is within….. two cannot work together except they agree.

This is another major reason for JAPA by many sensible Nigerians. The country has a very long way to go and it’s going to take a long time…. Multi generations

7 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Truths9ja: 9:08pm On Feb 29
Hmm 🤔
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by AlexBells(m): 9:09pm On Feb 29
Coolestguy2023:
Are you not the one bringing in Tinubu now, wetin concern Tinubu concern argument for stable electricity. Very soon sef they will disconnect Aso Rock

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by EbinPawaGovt: 9:09pm On Feb 29
Transparency is lacking in governance in this country. It's hard to know who to trust.

3 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by pepetua(m): 9:09pm On Feb 29
Chai
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Dubetex96(m): 9:09pm On Feb 29
Ikpeazu one of the dysfunctional G7 group of internal displaced politician.

2 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Charmingrascal(m): 9:10pm On Feb 29
Lol
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Nawa4nl: 9:12pm On Feb 29
Savenigeria2023:
You can be sure a section of Nigeria is praying the Geometric power project fails just to spite another section of the country. You can argue all you want but the truth is staring us all in the face.

This is the exact reason Nigeria cannot work with its current structure. The enemy is within….. two cannot work together except they agree.

This is another major reason for JAPA by many sensible Nigerians. The country has a very long way to go and it’s going to take a long time…. Multi generations
We know the region that nothing good comes from.

God has blessed the SS & SE

2 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by gabmanuel(m): 9:14pm On Feb 29
We are watching
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by jonuel1(m): 9:21pm On Feb 29
farouk2much:
Yeye news from yeye region....

Bad belle

1 Like

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by jonuel1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 29
Coolestguy2023:

Everybody can't be like you nah...

4 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by igwebuike01: 9:24pm On Feb 29
Okezie ikpeazu lacked strong media team
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by abdeefggh: 9:24pm On Feb 29
Everything about them is fraud
Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by fergie001: 9:24pm On Feb 29
Truths9ja:
Hmm 🤔
The reason is simple..... The State should ask the Company if indeed their money was used to pay for some 5% equity.

N1.41bn is no small money and the State Govt must do due diligence in investigating before making public statements with respect to financial commitments.

igwebuike01:
Okezie ikpeazu lacked strong media team
Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by DaniDani(m): 9:28pm On Feb 29
Geometric power project was dead, and forgotten. If Prof Bath Nnaji can be truthful to himself, he had given up on that project, ikpeazu rejuvenated that project, and used his position to unravel every obstacle, today, they are alienating him from his due honour and commendation!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by SoNature(m): 9:34pm On Feb 29
benuejosh:
I was very happy about the commissioning because it will open room for individuals to start generating power other than looking solely on the government for everything. And also the good people of the state will start producing QUALITY things which will be MADE IN NIGERIA and NOT 'Aba made'.

However, again, in the spirit of my brothers from that region, them don start like this. Small time now 'Geo' no go 'metric' again. Them the hardly wan gree for themselves sometimes. Reason while IPOB criminals are causing havoc in that region.

Make una protect this first gigantic individual investment we can hear from that region. It should open doors for investors to come into the East and not run away from the East.

Oga, go and protect your people from Fulani butchers. That's more important than this argument.

6 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by benuejosh: 9:37pm On Feb 29
SoNature:

Oga, go and protect your people from Fulani butchers. That's more important than this argument.
discuss Fulani issue with Ortom. He left with it. Who in Benue ia complaining of Fulani? Must every herdsmen be fulani? Igbos too have cattles in large quantity and the owners are in Abuja. And those watching over them are their tribes men. Do you know that?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by benuejosh: 9:40pm On Feb 29
DaniDani:
Geometric power project was dead, and forgotten. If Prof Bath Nnaji can be truthful to himself, he had given up on that project, ikpeazu rejuvenated that project, and used his position to unravel every obstacle, today, they are alienating him from his due honour and commendation!
You're right.

I feel Ikpeazu may have a stake in that company so trying to sideline him may be to protect his image.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by LordBillionz: 9:41pm On Feb 29
successmatters:
Just don't annoy us before we initiate the process of recall on the crook Ikpeazu.

The time for propaganda in Abia state is gone, we have got a governor who was selected by our people themselves and he is doing well. If not for the evil structure of PDP, Ikpeazu and his evil gang cannot win a town council election in any village in Eastern Nigeria.
Ikpeazu should be in jail.
Same goes with Elechi and Ugwuanyi...

Every governor that failed in the east should go in jail...

I care less of how others treat theirs....
East must be disciplined

1 Like

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by happney65: 9:42pm On Feb 29
I didn't even bother to read the nonesense he wrote above because I knew nothing good can come out of Ikepazu,The Man giving new mother's 500 naira.

Yes,five hundred naira

Or their forever Godfather,Orji Uzor Kalu. A very nonesensical Govornor..

Otti should keep on pressing their useless necks

Oshisko

2 Likes

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by derecho(m): 9:42pm On Feb 29
So ikpeazu wants to be associated with something good?
I thought they never cared.
Now they wished they had served the people when they had the chance.

Peter Obi has exposed the wickedness of the political class..now no politician wants to be seen as incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Re: No Existing Financial Commitment By Past Administration In Geometric - Kalu by Nword22: 9:53pm On Feb 29
This man is a Yoruba man claiming Igbo, thunder fire him with his useless Master called ikpeaxu.

We Abians are proud of Alex Otti and Nene Otti the returning officer.

God bless South East and South South, Lagos, Jos and Abuja.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting In Aso Rock Today / Governor David Umahi's Agricultural Achievements / Strong Statement From Buhari’ll End Herdsmen Killings -okowa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.