Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? (1886 Views)

Aba Geometric Power Project Commissioned In A Hurry — Sir Udensi / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) / Orji Kalu And His Team Dressed To Receive President Buhari Is Aba(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by FlamieB(m): 10:09pm On Feb 29
Since the commissioning of the so-called power plant in Aba, I've been waiting patiently to enjoy 24/7 power supply but the situation remains the same or even worse.

Since the commissioning, it's only 3 times that I saw power supply and it didn't last up to an hour.

I've not given up on them, let's wait for few more days. If the situation doesn't change then we'd flood the media with their fake ass company.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Joconceptbest4(m): 10:19pm On Feb 29
The truth will be out soon.

2 Likes

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by flokii: 10:24pm On Feb 29
You go wait tire..
The Abia State government have debunked having any share or capital commitment in the proiject, that it's private owned. Get ready to pay through your nose to have electricity.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by SoNature(m): 10:31pm On Feb 29
The plan was to start supplying power from one of the turbines 13 days after commissioning but Prof told them to reduce it. According to Business Day, they will start supplying this weekend.

Read to learn more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/14-hours-power-supply-to-aba-to-start-this-weekend-a-week-ahead-of-schedule/%3famp=1

Just make sure you pay for light with all this energy you use to inquire whether they are real or not.

Congratulations....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by AfonjaConehead: 10:41pm On Feb 29
Deeply concerned ronu 😁

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by AfonjaConehead: 10:50pm On Feb 29
God bless the Abia

2 Likes

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by christistruth01: 11:01pm On Feb 29
Everyone would be delighted if Aba has 24 hours Electricity because it is a good sign for the rest of Nigeria that it would soon get to them

But it was President Yaradua who Started the Project and he should be recognized for it
Emeka Offor held it up for years because of a legal Challenge but Buhari decided to settle out of court so the Project could Continue

This Project was not Alex Otti's vision or Project
Obasanjo conceived the 24/7 Electricity idea and spent heavily on it but corrupt Nigerians swindled the vision.out of existence
Yaradua Started building it as one of the Power Plants FG was to build.all over the Country

18 Likes

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by VeryWickedMan: 11:02pm On Feb 29
FlamieB:
Since the commissioning of the so-called power plant in Aba, I've been waiting patiently to enjoy 24/7 power supply but the situation remains the same or even worse.

Since the commissioning, it's only 3 times that I saw power supply and it didn't last up to an hour.

I've not given up on them, let's wait for few more days. If the situation doesn't change then we'd flood the media with their fake ass company.

How can you be waiting in Abeokuta?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by afube: 11:13pm On Feb 29
christistruth01:
Everyone would be delighted if Aba has 24 hours Electricity because it is a good sign for the rest of Nigeria that it would soon get to them

But it was President Yaradua who Started the Project and he should be recognized for it
Emeka Offor held it up for years because of a legal Challenge but Buhari decided to settle out of court so the Project could Continue

Obasanjo conceived the 24/7 Electricity idea and spent heavily on it but corrupt Nigerians swindled the vision.out of existence
Yaradua Started building it as one of the Power Plants FG was to build.all over the Country

Geometric power is owned by Barth nnaji.........a private citizen! The federal government owns Alaoji power plant in Abia as well...Do not mix up the 2 plants!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Blacklion3: 11:29pm On Feb 29
FlamieB:

Rest abeg. Even Dangote refinary was commissioned when it wasn't completed yet by Buhari grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by aariwa(m): 11:56pm On Feb 29
People who hate progress have shifted their bitter wailing to Otti…which kind of curse will make a human being nurse daily bitterness at people more successful than them and then enjoy generational poverty at the same time?…smh

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by christistruth01: 12:05am On Mar 01
afube:

Geometric power is owned by Barth nnaji.........a private citizen! The federal government owns Alaoji power plant in Abia as well...Do not mix up the 2 plants!

We even want it to work because it is a very good sign for the rest of Nigeria that they will soon have 24/7 Electricity

Give Honour to whom honour is due
It was a FG Project started by Yaradua who gave Barth Nnaji the License

15 Likes

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by FlamieB(m): 1:48am On Mar 01
SoNature:
The plan was to start supplying power from one of the turbines 13 days after commissioning but Prof told them to reduce it. According to Business Day, they will start supplying this weekend.

Read to learn more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/14-hours-power-supply-to-aba-to-start-this-weekend-a-week-ahead-of-schedule/%3famp=1

Just make sure you pay for light with all this energy you use to inquire whether they are real or not.
Congratulations....

The weekend is almost here, can't wait to start enjoying the power supply, but you can't compare power bills with the amount we spend on fuel everyday.

Yes we'll pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by gbadexy(m): 2:47am On Mar 01
Top priority would be for businesses first. Even at that, it would take some time to connect the whole state if that's possible to the grid.
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by igwebuike01: 3:14am On Mar 01
christistruth01:

Stop talking nonsense. Geometric is entirely Nnaji idea. Ring fencing Aba out of national grid was his idea sold to Obasanjo and he signed it. YarAdua was merely invited to the ground breaking ceremony

2 Likes

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Difrent: 3:25am On Mar 01
VeryWickedMan:

How can you be waiting in Abeokuta?

Una see how e dey be ba? When you think you only have monopoly of madness.
He is igbo and stay in ABA and is reporting the situation but you as usual will deny it because it's happening in igboland but if it has happened in Yorubaland the whole Internet will be filled with the news by now of how fake the project is.
A sensible person provided a link to the story that gave the reason for the delay.....that's why you should do instead of denying the obvious

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by LocalFARMERS: 5:39am On Mar 01
FlamieB:

H
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by LocalFARMERS: 5:41am On Mar 01
igwebuike01:

Stop talking nonsense. Geometric is entirely Nnaji idea. Ring fencing Aba out of national grid was his idea sold to Obasanjo and he signed it. YarAdua was merely invited to the ground breaking ceremony

Lies.
Yaradua constructed Geometric for the People of Aba
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by CountinBlessins(m): 5:58am On Mar 01
Difrent:

Una see how e dey be ba? When you think you only have monopoly of madness.
He is igbo and stay in ABA and is reporting the situation but you as usual will deny it because it's happening in igboland but if it has happened in Yorubaland the whole Internet will be filled with the news by now of how fake the project is.
A sensible person provided a link to the story that gave the reason for the delay.....that's why you should do instead of denying the obvious

He is in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by dettolgel: 6:23am On Mar 01
christistruth01:

I don't think you read or understood what you attached. Yaradua gave/approve the licence does not mean he was the one building it. It is a private initiative. Learn to read to understand.

Why do you guys like twisting things?
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by dettolgel: 6:28am On Mar 01
christistruth01:

We even want it to work because it is a very good sign for the rest of Nigeria that they will soon have 24/7 Electricity

Give Honour to whom honour is due
It was a FG Project started by Yaradua who gave Barth Nnaji the License

You are even doubling down on your mistake.

Of course anyone that wants to open a power plant needs license and the license was granted during Yaradua's tenure.

How does this translated into FG being the one that started the project?

Do you know the difference between granting license and starting a project?

So if you want to start a farm on industrial scale and ask government for permit. If government grant you the permit does that mean they are the one that started the farm business for you?

Some people sha

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by mycar: 6:39am On Mar 01
I don't know if it out of ignorance or acute mischievousness, How can someone after saying that a license is given to someone to do something and still deprived that licensed individual the ownership of that thing?
Just like saying that FG is the owner of Dangote refinery simply because Buhari commissioned it.
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by seanfer(m): 6:50am On Mar 01
gbadexy:
Top priority would be for businesses first. Even at that, it would take some time to connect the whole state if that's possible to the grid.

This project is not for the whole state. It is for 13 LGAs.

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by KillahPriest: 8:26am On Mar 01
I noticed one constant thing years ago, Bulaba bastards are never happy whenever a project of positive impact is commissioned in other parts of the country especially in the SS and SE. I noticed it when Bayelsa State government commissioned the first overhead bridge in the state, they were the only ones crying and lamenting while the indigenes were happy and if you go through social media today, they're the only ones crying and lamenting about EVERY damn thing Abia people are celebrating today including good roads and electricity. Bulaba bastards are the epitome of broom waving witches and wizards cool

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by 9jatriot(m): 9:09am On Mar 01
Barth Nnaji is a highly respected technocrat. I know OP is trying to get back at obidience because of their behavior towards other parts of the nation especially with regards to how they have tried to ridicule Dangotte, but I think OP should not be like them. Every good news no matter what part of the nation is appreciated.
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Seunpapa65: 9:26am On Mar 01
Cry more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:17am On Mar 01
flokii:
You go wait tire..
The Abia State government have debunked having any share or capital commitment in the proiject, that it's private owned. Get ready to pay through your nose to have electricity.
It's Better than paying Tru our nose in Lagos ,and no electricity here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by AfonjaConehead: 10:22am On Mar 01
Sofistcatdmoron:

It's Better than paying Tru our nose in Lagos ,and no electricity here

Don't mind that busy body #1 nairaland tribalist...we all gotta about the late Akeredolu's wife cos he kept ranting about her simply cos she's Igbo!!!!

I live in Lagos and the situation is so horrible.

If I don't find a way to charge my portable fan and power bank and nepa don't light in the night,omoh,na vigil be that cos of the heat!

1 Like

Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by Okoyiboz3: 10:26am On Mar 01
CountinBlessins:

He is in Ibadan

And you are in Dikwa
Re: Is Aba Geometric Power A Scam? by NGArmyTerrorist: 11:02am On Mar 01
FlamieB:

I don't think so, they are letting go off from national grid to geometric; it will take days and all their engrs are working round the clock as I was briefed. Be patient with them!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Yar'adua's Death Rumour Spreads / Another Nigerian, Olatunji Oluwatosin, Gets 16 Months In U.s. Prison For Fraud / About Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.