Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro (12168 Views)

AFCON: ‘The Lion Of Africa’ – CAF Gives Osimhen New Name / If We Continue To Play Like Today, No Team Will Beat Us - Peseiro / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Felabrity: 10:41am On Mar 01
It was like 100 Ivory Coast vs 1 Nigerian in the Stadium

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Connected1: 10:59am On Mar 01
Angelfrost:

Don't insult another person's intelligence when yours is not all that.

Home support affects players, true, but not to that extent!

Super Eagles were outclassed in all departments... If not for the defense, that final would have gone down as the most disgraceful for us in history... I personally had Cote'divoire leading by at least 3 goals before halftime. No jokes.

Luck can only get people so far... And we rode largely on that from the group stages, added to a very good defense.

We had no midfield to speak off... No ball carriers... No assist makers... No playmakers!

It was almost unbearable to watch. undecided

A country as big as Nigeria ought to be better than that!

This was a tournament we should have won, seeing as the giants (Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria) didn't turn up. But, we were clearly unprepared.

We even escaped South Africa during the semis by whiskers (they practically won that game).

Patriotism is okay... But, make we dey talk truth abeg.
How ignorant you are.

I am sure you haven't been in another man's land.

The high spirit you get when you see your countrymen is different compare to how low you will be if you don't see anyone you can recognize as your countryman.

You still won't understand, so don't bother, everything no be tactics.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by ogbonti: 11:07am On Mar 01
Pootle:
how will home support penalize you, portugal defied all odds to beat france on there home tuff, chelsea winning bayarn ucl etc

God bless you - for this ignorant statement Peaeiro made, I think he must now take his leave - he is incapable of handling a team as big and important as Nigeria Super Eagles - he is just a journeyman who is playing on our emotions

In 2024 - A Coach who concedes to any factor outside of the pitch, be it weather or the vociferous fans in the stadium is an excuse merchant - who knows nothing about football

For Christ sakes, all our players are professionals at foreign clubside which do not tolerate away fans intimidation as a reason to lose a game - Why is Peseiro bringiing that excuse template to Nigerian football ?

Nigeria extinguished that home advantage demon when we beat host team
Senegal 1-2 in the opener of AFCON 1992 (32 years ago) and he should keep his mouth shut

Cameroun came to Lagos to win the AFCON in year 2000- and before you say it was through penalty kicks - Cameroun were up 0-2 in the finals within 23 minutes of the first half - our fans chanting and blowing trumpets could not stop Eto and Mboma from scoring scoring

Brazil were beaten 7-1 in a world cup semi finals in Brazil and the fans at the Maracana couldn’t stop Germany

Peseiro should go and he must not insult us on his way out- I hate nansense

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Obainoman6: 11:12am On Mar 01
The final was actually their worst game, coach peseiro is a baby coach and based on his record i didn't even expect him to pass the group stage, but if it was a successful tournament for us? The answer is yes.

He coach peseiro surpassed his record and did his best.
He wouldn't enter the pitch and kick football by himself so it's a thumbs up for me.
I would have mentioned 2 players that were very poor but let me just free them, depression is real.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Angelfrost(m): 11:17am On Mar 01
Connected1:

How ignorant you are.

I am sure you haven't been in another man's land.

The high spirit you get when you see your countrymen is different compare to how low you will be if you don't see anyone you can recognize as your countryman.

You still won't understand, so don't bother, everything no be tactics.

Please, don't muddy the line between sound reasoning and prejudice.

I know the impact and power of home support... I have watched games in places you don't know.

It still doesn't sufficiently paper over the fact that Super Eagles entered that stadium unprepared and gave a very pathetic display.

Their being outclassed from start to end of that game had absolutely nothing to do with the superior home support of their opponents.

Even if Nigerian fans outnumbered the Ivorians, the outcome would have remained the same.

To maintain that line of argument means diminishing the hard work of the Ivorians... And that is dishonest.

Super Eagles lost deservedly! End of discussion.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Emman08: 11:18am On Mar 01
Your negative ambitionless football killed us.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Sleekfingers: 11:22am On Mar 01
In that final ivory coast played way better than that our useless super chickens,. That final was an eye sore and a disgrace.

Our players played nothing. .... Bunch of confused players. I have never seen a final like that. ....
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Redman44(m): 11:34am On Mar 01
Ivorians are known to be fetish when it comes to soccer .How come the Eagles played their worst match in the final game against the Ivorians? We should have prayed well before the game and cancelled all spiritual negativity against Nigeria on that pitch and in that stadium. The Ivorian team was not that good . They used home advantage all through the tournament. Then our midfield was very bad. We need new attacking midfielders for the super eagles going forwArd.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Adgraced: 11:37am On Mar 01
Story.. home support should'nt stand in the way of a strong team determined to win. Why home support no dey stop Argentina, France, Spain etc from winning world cup?!
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by 43Ronin: 11:42am On Mar 01
U fùcked up bro. That Afcon was there for d taking. U needed to change formation and players by half time. Should have subbed iwobi for iheanacho, switch to 4-2-3-1 with your 2 wingers dropping back to help the RB or LB 2DMs + Iheanacho as CM to choke and squeeze life out of kessie & that midfield. But you stuck with same players from d beginning to d end of d tournament till they eventually gassed out. You be otu
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by peleson1: 11:42am On Mar 01
Angelfrost:

Don't insult another person's intelligence when yours is not all that.

Home support affects players, true, but not to that extent!

Super Eagles were outclassed in all departments... If not for the defense, that final would have gone down as the most disgraceful for us in history... I personally had Cote'divoire leading by at least 3 goals before halftime. No jokes.

Luck can only get people so far... And we rode largely on that from the group stages, added to a very good defense.

We had no midfield to speak off... No ball carriers... No assist makers... No playmakers!

It was almost unbearable to watch. undecided

A country as big as Nigeria ought to be better than that!

This was a tournament we should have won, seeing as the giants (Senegal, Egypt, Cameroon and Algeria) didn't turn up. But, we were clearly unprepared.

We even escaped South Africa during the semis by whiskers (they practically won that game).

Patriotism is okay... But, make we dey talk truth abeg.
Mr Nan u don't know what u r talking about.

Even south Africa knew we were a better side after that game.

We beat then 2:0

No jokes
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Redman44(m): 11:49am On Mar 01
We had a good crop of players at the AFCON. That ivory coast team was not better than our team from keeper to attackers. We had no business losing to ivory coast in that final match. Peseiro did his best but he cannot take the team to the World Cup. We need a better Coach who knows how to get the best out of his players .The NFF should release Peseiro. Cheers.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by AdetolaTemi: 11:56am On Mar 01
The coach did well. His formation was the way forward and protected our defense from leaking unnecessary goals.
I give it to the Ivorian coach (like liverpool fc coach back in the day). He had to change Ivorian tactics to beat Peserio and he did.
Thank you Peserio. Now we need a local coach, a good one.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Kinghenry1315: 12:03pm On Mar 01
Pesseiro is second hand coach a Portuguese journalist have exposed him in all the past team he has managed he always came second Arab gulf cup he came second with Saudi arabia team, when he managed Braga he came second in a competition too and so on and so on he has only managed to win a competition in his coaching career .
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Pootle: 12:57pm On Mar 01
Connected1:

Home Support penalizes anyone, don't sound so smart.

Nigerian Fans weren't on the stadium, don't you see how Liverpool dominate at Anfield, or Aston Villa, where they have full support of the fans.

dont quote me smart man
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Umuinyioku: 1:01pm On Mar 01
HonNL:

SOURCE
He is not a coach. But a Carpenter.

How do bench Simon,arrowhead of the attack, at the final. Why didn't you play a fast winger like Ahmed Musa who has energy to run round the field and put pressure on the Ivorians. Why starting Iwobi instead instead of Kelechi Iheanacho? Midfield with Iheanacho and Frank Onyeka Will checkmate Ivorian forays into our territory.

He should be probed for selling out. The hosts weren't fantastic but Paseiro's error caused the cup.

Go Paseiro Go!
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by DeBigFab(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01
I keep thinking that final game was thrown.

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Govocrete: 2:43pm On Mar 01
We understand, it was really the worst game. During our investigation, we discovered that Ivorian use voodoo (juju) to tie our players leg.

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by ifinger: 4:48pm On Mar 01
HonNL:

SOURCE

U lie you have a professional team ! Home crowd intimidating you should not be an option for excuse!

You adopted a defensive method instead of attack which put more strain on the defence ! Very pathetic
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Virgo3: 5:26pm On Mar 01
Neddstark:
Read the whole article.
The coach did well. His formation was the way forward and protected our defense from leaking unnecessary goals.
I give it to the Ivorian coach. He had to change Ivorian tactics to beat Peserio and he did.
Thank you Peserio. Now we need a local coach, a good one.
nope, ola cost us adingra made two assists playing against him. I learnt ola was injured because on a normal day even saka struggled against ola aina and look at ekong now, he is out for months due injury from afcon
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Redman44(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01
DeBigFab:
I keep thinking that final game was thrown.

I am forced to agree with you to an extent. Even the celebrations of the Ivorians after the final whistle was tepid.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by waveman2: 6:39pm On Mar 01
Super eagle didn't just turn up in that game.They should have taken risk in that final and come out to play but can't blame them when the coach played an attacking midfielder in central midfield against the country with the best midfield set up.It would even have been better if they played ok ,dominate and lose 3 nil to ivory coast.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by MomohMrMoore: 7:40pm On Mar 01
Super Eagle qas lucky to be in the final, they play the worst games; dominated by every opponent they faced. If not for occasional heroic by Lookman and Osimhen Nigeria would have been out in group stages. Always playing too too deep, defensive. Dominated and Battered by Ivory coast from the first minute till end. Useless tactics. It was like Real Madrid against Dundee United.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Ohraykon: 10:03am On Mar 02
ProudNigerian01:
Noted.

Ever wondered how someone who has always been known to be very calm suddenly commits murder?

Or a partner who has never looked outside suddenly becomes a chronic cheat?

The answer is in the heart. Seeds were sown overtime and its germination is what you are seeing.

Prov.27.19 - As in water face reflects face, So a man's heart reveals the man.

You too can do the unthinkable if you allow seeds of sin and evil to be sown in your heart.

Therefore, be careful of what you look at, read, hear and think.

Prov.23.19 - Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way.
e no go better for jehovah and allah
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by ViceGovernor: 12:34pm On Mar 02
Pootle:
how will home support penalize you, portugal defied all odds to beat france on there home tuff, chelsea winning bayarn ucl etc
This is Africa sir we all know nothing is normal here.

Normally we should have won that final....but if you look at the crowd in the stadium from the beginning you would have seen that there's no way we will win it.
The whole stadium was orange...that alone can mess with the mind, their president dey there with top government officials, their legends yaya, Drogba, Kalu and and others were there giving them support.
They were all present that day even the referee was against us.
Can you remember how many times they did nasty tactical fowls to Lookman yet not a single yellow.

Either way you look at it I think the match was rigged against us firmly.
But Nigeria sef fvck up make we no lie.
What do you think about the change in our football style now sir?
Me I like this current super the coach really made them solid at the back.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by ViceGovernor: 12:34pm On Mar 02
Ohraykon:
e no go better for jehovah and allah
This is wrong na.
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Pootle: 1:30pm On Mar 02
ViceGovernor:

This is Africa sir we all know nothing is normal here.

Normally we should have won that final....but if you look at the crowd in the stadium from the beginning you would have seen that there's no way we will win it.
The whole stadium was orange...that alone can mess with the mind, their president dey there with top government officials, their legends yaya, Drogba, Kalu and and others were there giving them support.
They were all present that day even the referee was against us.
Can you remember how many times they did nasty tactical fowls to Lookman yet not a single yellow.

Either way you look at it I think the match was rigged against us firmly.
But Nigeria sef fvck up make we no lie.
What do you think about the change in our football style now sir?
Me I like this current super the coach really made them solid at the back.

well Nigeria was beating in 2000 final our home soil, brazil was trashed at home in the semis as host, professionals should not be scare or worried about who is in the stands and what not its the duty and responsibility of the coaching staff to handle that

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by BALLOSKI: 2:13am On Mar 04
ProudNigerian01:
Noted.

Ever wondered how someone who has always been known to be very calm suddenly commits murder?

Or a partner who has never looked outside suddenly becomes a chronic cheat?

The answer is in the heart. Seeds were sown overtime and its germination is what you are seeing.

Prov.27.19 - As in water face reflects face, So a man's heart reveals the man.

You too can do the unthinkable if you allow seeds of sin and evil to be sown in your heart.

Therefore, be careful of what you look at, read, hear and think.

Prov.23.19 - Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way.
fact!

1 Like

Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Tesenak20: 8:45pm On Mar 04
NFF SHOULD WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE VIDEO BELOW TO KNOW HOW PESEIRO MESSED UP SOME OF OUR EXCELLENT PLAYERS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S61qfRentTw?si=qKSiohg1nxY79JcJ
Re: AFCON: The final was our worst game, the home support penalised us - Peseiro by Ohraykon: 6:18pm On Mar 10
ViceGovernor:

This is wrong na.
its the truth, religion destroyed us. Those entities hate us!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kobe Or Lebron -who's Going To Have The Better Legacy When It's All Said & Done? / Gambia Vs Cameroon AFCON 2021 Quarter-final (0 - 2) On 29th January 2022 / How To Make Money From Football Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.