Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. (1292 Views)

CBN Cuts Bdcs’ Dollar Sales To $10,000 / Inventions That Can Make You Rich (both In Nigeria And Abroad) / Hot Stocks That Will Make You Rich In 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 12, 2011
Making money online is not rocket science. There are simple steps you can take to secure a reasonable amount of income streams.
The first and most important step you need to take is to get a domain name registered. You can never underestimate the value of a good name. The shorter they come the better. Whatever name you choose must adequately describe your business.
To be continued shortly.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2011
I know people might ask why do i need to pay $10 = #1,500 for a domain name when i can get for free at .co.cc or .tk or even .gnbo.
When you're going online to make money, you're going there first to establish a brand and one of the qualities of a successful brand is that it's easily identifiable, recognizable and memorable. Now we all know your domain name plus a subdomain like the ones i mentioned doesn't make you a recognizable brand because you share it with thousands if not millions of other users. Nothing beats a .com for businesses, .org for non profits and .net for networks.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2011
If you're a blogger and you're still having . or .wordpress behind your domain name then it's time for you to think again if you ever want to become a successful blogger.
Business success is all about a good package and quality branding. If you're still having www.example..com or www.example. with basic blogger templates then you are limiting yourself.
I'm not saying there are no succesful blogs like that but it will take you an awful long time to get deserved recognition no matter the quality of information you have on your blog. It just doesn't look professional.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Now we all know why a good damain name is important. The next thing i'm about to tell you is what you can do with it.
1- You can create a personal, professional or even a hire me page. This type of domains will have www.mikeadenuga.com. There people can read all about you, your accomplishments, your hobbies, your personal contact, e.t.c. You never know how effective this is. Anybody who wants to know about you will google your name and if you have a personal page then you've killed it. The chances of that person seeking you for business is pretty high. There's no better way to package and present yourself to the world.
The goodnews is, most names are not yet taken so you can still get your name at the lowest possible price which is $10.
To be continued.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
2- You can create a webpage for your business or organization. You may not have started due to capital but having a suitable domain name and webpage will put you on the world map. It will serve as your virtual office where potential clients/investors can learn about you and do business with you if you're convincing enough. More people will know about you and contact you if you have enough relevant information about your business or organization.
With a good webpage, even your offline contacts are more likely to take you serious and the goodnews is, it doesn't have to cost you a fortune. You can even do it yourself for all time sake.
For a step by step DIY guide on creating a cool webpage send me an email at proexchange@live.com.
You don't have to be a pro in html to set up your website within 30 minutes.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
WORD OF ADVICE
Don't go searching for cool domain names on godaddy or any other popular registrar. If you are not buying it instantly, you will end up loosing it or getting ripped off.
What they do is, they look in their search registers and snatch up any cool domain names people already searched for knowing that you will probably come back for it when you are ready. They then tell you someone has purchases it and offer to get it for you at a brokerage price which is usually a lot higher. It happened to me a couple of times before i learnt their trick. They are in the business to make money afterall.
I will soon put up a link up so you guys can search you domain name safely.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
3- Is to become a publisher or blogger. And the key here is your niche. Once you've identified the key area of focus. You will have no problems becoming successful. It's only a matter of time. With consistency, you will have a large number of readers and fans.
One thing you may need to consider as a publisher is good and reliable internet connection. This is because, blogging requires more frequent updates unlike a personal and business page. This has been a major challenge in this part of the world hence only a handful of succesful bloggers but don't sweat. You can still make the dollar rain. I'm doing it and so you can.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks bro
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2011
You're welcome bro.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2011
I got banned by the spambot while i dropped the bombshell this morning. It's really unfortunate that Nairaland has censored certain words therefore preventing us from using it.
Anyway, i will find an alternative to posting it directly here because without this little piece of information this thread will be useless. Even Seun Osewa of Nairaland and every other popular blogger in Nigeria can use this piece of information to turn around their furtunes.
This means you can will maximize the income earning potentials of your website if you already own one. It's not all about Adsense which many people already know about. There are other tried and tested ways you can conviniently make tonnes of money from like so many people already have.
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2011
I just created this form for those who want to start earning money online.
Click on this link and take a minute to fill up the form, you will surely here from me asap.
http://www.gidilinks.com/2011/11/free-blogwebsite-request-form.html
Re: How A $10 Domain Name Can Make You Rich. by mededot(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2011
Nice Read, good information, With FlyMyAds efficient ad serving engine, a lot can also be achieved. please find it at www.flymyads.com. Cheers bro

(1) (Reply)

10 Money Saving Secrets You Should Know! / Practical Catfish Smoking Training / Voicesms/robocalls In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.