Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels (154 Views)

Not Receiving OTP From Opay. See How To Receive It / Kindly Help With My Solar Energy Set Up. / Can I Connect My Solar Panel To A Hybrid Inverter And Then To My AC Loads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by Aboladey01(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01
It happened yesterday that I use my ceiling fan while on solar inverter... It was on for a while when there was hot sun, suddenly I started eating the inverter making a low battery alert ... And I switched it off ... Since then... It's not receiving sunlight signal again from the panel and the cables from.the panels are intact.... No traces of cut or anything... Somebody help as there's no light in my rea it's a new site...
Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by Smartmoneypeeps(m): 12:57pm On Mar 01
Ooops. sorry poster. I know this can be very frustrating but here are a few things that could be causing the issue with your solar inverter:

Low battery: Even though the sun was shining, it's possible the battery wasn't fully charged and couldn't handle the additional load of the fan. Try turning off non-essential appliances and charging the battery completely with the solar panels.

Loose connection: Double-check the cables connecting the solar panels to the inverter. Make sure they are securely plugged in at both ends.

Inverter problem: If the battery is charged and the connections are secure, there might be an issue with the inverter itself. It's best to consult a qualified solar technician to diagnose and fix the problem.

Since you mentioned this is a new system, it's also advisable to check the warranty information and contact the installer if necessary. They might be able to send someone to fix the issue for you.

Please, for safety reasons, it's important to avoid tampering with the electrical components yourself. If the solutions above don't work, it's best to seek help from a professional.
Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by Aboladey01(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01
The inverter is still suppying light... It's working fine 🙂
Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by matify83: 1:20pm On Mar 01
Switch the charge controller off and on again.
If it doesn't work, you may have to disconnect it from the battery and connect it back.

That should jumpstart the charge controller.

Happened to me a couple of times.
Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by VeryWickedMan: 1:33pm On Mar 01
Relocate to Mercury or Venus for better sunlight.

Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by Aboladey01(m): 11:10am On Mar 04
Thanks so much... It's fixed now, the cables bridged on the roof ... It's working fine now ... Thanks so much
Smartmoneypeeps:
Ooops. sorry poster. I know this can be very frustrating but here are a few things that could be causing the issue with your solar inverter:

Low battery: Even though the sun was shining, it's possible the battery wasn't fully charged and couldn't handle the additional load of the fan. Try turning off non-essential appliances and charging the battery completely with the solar panels.

Loose connection: Double-check the cables connecting the solar panels to the inverter. Make sure they are securely plugged in at both ends.

Inverter problem: If the battery is charged and the connections are secure, there might be an issue with the inverter itself. It's best to consult a qualified solar technician to diagnose and fix the problem.

Since you mentioned this is a new system, it's also advisable to check the warranty information and contact the installer if necessary. They might be able to send someone to fix the issue for you.

Please, for safety reasons, it's important to avoid tampering with the electrical components yourself. If the solutions above don't work, it's best to seek help from a professional.
Re: My Solar Charge Controller Is Not Receiving Sunlight From Panels by Technology14: 2:14pm On Mar 06
Better still get an MPPT solar charge controller to increase the charging current especially now that the raining season. It will help your batteries charge faster and allow the system to work optimally. Contact me if you need an MPPT solar charge controller - 09097430451

(1) (Reply)

100% Comedy Channel...please Subscribe / RFID Ticket Vehicle Parking Management System. / Get Your Usa,and Canada Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.