Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive (1214 Views)

World’s Worst Hippo Attacks As Nature’s ‘deadliest Animal Crushes Bones(Graphic) / 16-Foot Crocodiles Feed On Their Young Ones In Botswana (Pictures) / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 8:33pm On Mar 01
THE world’s deadliest crocodile attack saw 500 soldiers eaten alive in “a cacophony of hell”.

The “Ramree Island massacre” is considered by many to be the worst crocodile attack in history as roughly 100 of the reptilian beasts set upon unsuspecting troops.

The nightmare took place in January 1945 as British soldiers fought in Burma, now Myanmar, in south east Asia during the height of World War 2.

They’d just pushed back 1,000 enemy Japanese troops into a swampy mangrove jungle as war raged on, with both sides locked in a brutal battle.

But while men on both sides were desperately trying to survive each other’s attacks, a third party soon would soon take centre stage.

Unfortunately for the retreating Japanese soldiers, they were completely unaware of the horror that was about to occur.

Roughly 100 crocodiles lay in wait, “alerted by the din of warfare and smell of blood,” according to Naturalist Bruce Stanley Wright, who claimed to be present at the chilling scene.

“With the ebb of the tide, the crocodiles moved in on the dead, wounded, and uninjured men who had become mired in the mud,”he added.

Vultures would also arrive at dawn to clean up what the crocodiles had left, the veteran claimed.

Read on..

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/worlds-deadliest-animal-attack-saw-crocodiles-eat-500-soldiers-alive-with-their-comrades-hearing-chilling-screams/

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 8:34pm On Mar 01
That's horrifying! What a painful way to die

2 Likes

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by immortalcrown(m): 8:35pm On Mar 01
Terrifying!

But Ọsụọfịa (Osuofia or Nkem Owo) survived the war.
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 8:42pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:
Terrifying!

But Ọsụọfịa (Osuofia or Nkem Owo) survived the war.

Which of the Wars? Or are you talking about movie?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by immortalcrown(m): 8:43pm On Mar 01
Thissystem:
Which of the Wars? Or are you talking about movie?
Movie

1 Like

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 8:49pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:
Movie

I see

War no good at all o!
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by thesicilian: 4:39am On Mar 02
The Japanese are still feeling the effects of the atomic bombs dropped on them by the American soldiers and their allies, so I have no sympathy towards these heartless people being eaten by crocodiles
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by KingLennon(m): 6:30am On Mar 02
That is God fightinq ur battle cheesy
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 6:43am On Mar 02
Animals don't attack a group of men.
Talk less of 500 men. Too much lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by crestedaguiyi: 7:41am On Mar 02
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
Animals don't attack a group of men.
Talk less of 500 men. Too much lies

Really
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Benwallt(m): 7:59am On Mar 02
Thissystem:
THE world’s deadliest crocodile attack saw 500 soldiers eaten alive in “a cacophony of hell”.

The “Ramree Island massacre” is considered by many to be the worst crocodile attack in history as roughly 100 of the reptilian beasts set upon unsuspecting troops.

The nightmare took place in January 1945 as British soldiers fought in Burma, now Myanmar, in south east Asia during the height of World War 2.

They’d just pushed back 1,000 enemy Japanese troops into a swampy mangrove jungle as war raged on, with both sides locked in a brutal battle.

But while men on both sides were desperately trying to survive each other’s attacks, a third party soon would soon take centre stage.

Unfortunately for the retreating Japanese soldiers, they were completely unaware of the horror that was about to occur.

Roughly 100 crocodiles lay in wait, “alerted by the din of warfare and smell of blood,” according to Naturalist Bruce Stanley Wright, who claimed to be present at the chilling scene.

“With the ebb of the tide, the crocodiles moved in on the dead, wounded, and uninjured men who had become mired in the mud,”he added.

Vultures would also arrive at dawn to clean up what the crocodiles had left, the veteran claimed.

Read on..

https://dailypostngr.com/2024/02/worlds-deadliest-animal-attack-saw-crocodiles-eat-500-soldiers-alive-with-their-comrades-hearing-chilling-screams/

We're the soldiers not carrying guns
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by tuzle(m): 8:32am On Mar 02
It sound more like fiction than reality. How does 100 crocodile kill 500 soldiers. That means one would have to kill 5 each which sounds ridiculous.
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by ChikezieU(m): 9:05am On Mar 02
Benwallt:

I wonder ooh
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Benwallt(m): 9:08am On Mar 02
ChikezieU:

I wonder ooh

It wonders me too. I found this very hard to believe
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 8:35pm On Mar 02
Benwallt:

You mean for the Soldiers trapped in the mud to shoot gun inside the river/swamp? Anyway, read the full article through the link

It is unclear how many were savaged by the giant reptiles that day, though it is believed 500 men never emerged from the swamp.

Wright said: “The scattered rifle shots in the pitch black swamp punctured by the screams of the wounded men crushed in the jaws of huge reptiles, and the blurred worrying sound of spinning crocodiles made a cacophony of hell that has rarely been duplicated on Earth.”

1 Like

Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Benwallt(m): 9:32pm On Mar 02
Thissystem:

You mean for the Soldiers trapped in the mud to shoot gun inside the river/swamp? Anyway, read the full article through the link

It is unclear how many were savaged by the giant reptiles that day, though it is believed 500 men never emerged from the swamp.

Wright said: “The scattered rifle shots in the pitch black swamp punctured by the screams of the wounded men crushed in the jaws of huge reptiles, and the blurred worrying sound of spinning crocodiles made a cacophony of hell that has rarely been duplicated on Earth.”

Thanks for clarification. Dying at the jaws of crocodile when one is drowning in mud, phew! It's worst form of exit. 500. RIP to them.

If you will oblige me. Where did this happen?
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 12:31am On Mar 03
Benwallt:

Thanks for clarification. Dying at the jaws of crocodile when one is drowning in mud, phew! It's worst form of exit. 500. RIP to them.

If you will oblige me. Where did this happen?

A very painful way to die! War no good

Hhmm, you probably didn’t read the full article through the link……even the third paragraph of the article above that you shared in ur first comment tells where. Abi you no get data? grin
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Benwallt(m): 4:17am On Mar 03
Thissystem:

A very painful way to die! War no good

Hhmm, you probably didn’t read the full article through the link……even the third paragraph of the article above that you shared in ur first comment tells where. Abi you no get data? grin

I Kuku get data. I just wasn't prepared to read anything apart from comments yesterday. Thanks
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Thissystem: 5:44am On Mar 03
Benwallt:

I Kuku get data. I just wasn't prepared to read anything apart from comments yesterday. Thanks

I see!
Re: World’s Deadliest Animal Attack Saw Crocodiles Eat 500 Soldiers Alive by Benwallt(m): 5:53am On Mar 03
Thissystem:

I see!

I followed your suggestion anyway. I read the piece here this morning. I got to know it was about Japanese and British soldiers in the battle of Burma and the third force are the crocodiles. War is terrible as you have posited

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Portable 9'' Laptops For Sale (hp) / Glo Data Pack / Facebook Meets Linda Ikeji’s Blog – Welcome To Linda Ikeji Social (LIS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.