Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares (15728 Views)

Airfares Drop As Foreign Carriers Unblock Low-priced Tickets / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days / Tweaking Your Travel Routes and Time For Cheap Fares/budget travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by johnjose68: 9:09am On Mar 03
dre11:

https://punchng.com/forex-crisis-fg-threatens-sanctions-as-foreign-airlines-stick-to-high-fares/?amp

Nlfpmod

Come and see how those that enjoy bad news will be sad about this news. grin
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by BigDawsNet: 9:10am On Mar 03
If we have our national carrier... we won't be here discussing reducing flight tickets
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by johnjose68: 9:11am On Mar 03
Brian47:
This government is clueless they think by rigging elections everything would fall in place.
You know what to do so our naria would appreciate and when our naria appreciate we won't be having this conversation.
Do the right thing nooo but instead they're banning Binance and threatening to sanction foreign airlines. Keep driving business out of our country ehear.

You go wail tire. Jagaban is on the driver seat. He did not receive advice from a mad man. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by RisenObinna: 9:13am On Mar 03
fineboynl:
.same thing with motor parts.

Just avoid buying motor part this time around. If your car is faulty just go pack it or be ready to pay triple for the parts and repairs.

Yesterday I was surprised how much I spent for nonsense little consmetics I fix.

Even if dollars fall now. This will not come down again. The only way is that naira need to be stable after gaining so ground for Upton a 7 months to a year before things will gradually come down.

Otherwise sudden gain wouldn't do anything
It's sad but these things can be monitored and regulated.

And, it has to start with the government...

The government should fix the dollar rate issues, fix clearing rates of clearing goods and do something about the fuel price...with this, the trader's leaders can be summoned and price of goods can be fixed.

I am not feeling well
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by MT: 9:20am On Mar 03
kcprince:
They are charging high fares as a result of the business risk of doing business in Nigeria. Forex can go up anytime and you end up with loss after conversion to USD. Also let us not forget how their funds were trapped in Naira because the previous administration could not provide USD .

How does all these you mentioned addressed charging for low inventory tickets.

They are simply greedy and have turned Nigeria to a cash cow knowing fully well we do not have a robust policies in place to checkmate their selfish ambitions.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by transient123(m): 9:23am On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

They will always make excuses for external bodies against their country, and they will be pretending to love the country dearly, no wonder they are the ones calling the country a zoo.

That was how they were supporting binance against the country despite the fact that we all knows the atrocities the saboteurs are using the platforms and its likes to commit.

Binance is so that that countries like Netherlands, UK, Canada, China, India and the rest banned it from operating in the country.

U re blaming ur country for not emulating Canada, but u re the last citizen that would do what Canada citizen would do.

If u re like this, if u re one of those wanting the fall of Nigeria then it shall not be well with you and ur generations unborn, u shall not know goods in ur entire life.

Pray for Jerusalem and those that want it shall prosper that is what our Bible tells us, I this case Nigeria is our Jerusalem and if u want bad for Nigeria just because u want to gain cheap point, then u shall not know good.

Those lots are pathetic humans, they don't even know what they want how much what the country desires. Ask the slowpoke what ought to be done like he wailed.....he has nothing upstairs to offer rather than to wish evil becos his imbecilic candidate with no good track record in governance didn't win.

Amen to your prayers. Whosoever didn't wish Nigeria good irrespective, his/her life will never be good.

4 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by tonicyril: 9:29am On Mar 03
MentalCase98:

Shut up. He is 100% right. You think foreign airlines enjoy hiking prices at the risk of losing customers to less expensive airlines? The current high rates are to hedge against Forex fluctuations because the Naira is vary unstable now. These people are here to do business and not to provide you free service at their own loss. If it’s easy then why does your useless government not establish its own national carrier and make it free na? Smh illiterates all over this forum.

This is how ur father behave, u are emulating him..Good of you

Ur brain should tell u that if external airlines can not cope then let make do with the indigenous airlines, afterall we are the ones clamouring for indigenous development...aniofia

2 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by sleek214(m): 9:30am On Mar 03
kcprince:
They are charging high fares as a result of the business risk of doing business in Nigeria. Forex can go up anytime and you end up with loss after conversion to USD. Also let us not forget how their funds were trapped in Naira because the previous administration could not provide USD .

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by MentalCase98: 9:38am On Mar 03
tonicyril:

This is how ur father behave, u are emulating him..Good of you

Ur brain should tell u that if external airlines can not cope then let make do with the indigenous airlines, afterall we are the ones clamouring for indigenous development...aniofia

You see yourself? If you don’t know much about a topic it’s better to keep quiet. You don’t have to have an opinion on everything.

How many indigenous airlines does your country have that go abroad? If someone wants to go the US now, which indigenous airline do you advise they should use? Lol
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by ZaddyJ: 9:40am On Mar 03
Earthquakes:
Why not load passengers free of charge with AIR Nigeria you guys lunched earlier by buhari and his co thieves grin
Buhari and his forty thieves grin
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by tonicyril: 9:43am On Mar 03
MentalCase98:

You see yourself? If you don’t know much about a topic it’s better to keep quiet. You don’t have to have an opinion on everything.

How many indigenous airlines does your country have that go abroad? If someone wants to go the US now, which indigenous airline do you advise they should use? Lol
I don't have time for ur dead brain....

Just want to tell u that in everything u do, don't emulating everything ur father do, especially in discussion...ire oh!

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by MentalCase98: 9:48am On Mar 03
tonicyril:

Just want to tell u that in everything u do, don't emulating everything ur father do, especially in discussion...[/b]ire oh!

Lol no wonder. You are are typical Yoruba ronu soldier. Una no understand economics like your oga. You will defend this man even with your empty belly. That’s your curse.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Eriokanmi: 10:06am On Mar 03
Please flag off Nigeria Air first, before you begin to wield sanctions on them, so you'd not add to the Nigeria's economic woes which you created out of foolishness. Think well oo.

Nigerians are still missing the Emirates Airlines as we speak.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by bet9ja(m): 10:17am On Mar 03
Tinubu is just fighting every section to function after his kick and start policy. He failed from the start because he never started on a right foot. From the inauguration day, its shows in his written speech that his arrogance will lead to a national disgrace for him. He is now running from pillar to post to control the price hike of everything.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by ScamDemicEra: 10:23am On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

They will always make excuses for external bodies against their country, and they will be pretending to love the country dearly, no wonder they are the ones calling the country a zoo.

That was how they were supporting binance against the country despite the fact that we all knows the atrocities the saboteurs are using the platforms and its likes to commit.

Binance is so good that that countries like Netherlands, UK, Canada, China, India and the rest banned it from operating in the country.

U re blaming ur country for not emulating Canada, but u re the last citizen that would do what Canada citizen would do.

If u re like this, if u re one of those wanting the fall of Nigeria then it shall not be well with you and ur generations unborn, u shall not know goods in ur entire life.

Pray for Jerusalem and those that want it shall prosper that is what our Bible tells us, I this case Nigeria is our Jerusalem and if u want bad for Nigeria just because u want to gain cheap point, then u shall not know good.

They are still attacking me just because I cursed the enemy of my dear country.... grin grin grin grin imagine ooh grin
....... warped logic, utter rubbish !!!!

..... citizens of all those countries you mentioned have valid reasons to be patriotic but your dear country is an over-centralized satanic contraption where a tiny few rob majority (and their unborn generations) blind unabated. Even worse, they've weaponized poverty, weaponized INEC/ judiciary so the citizen is completely powerless to remove them -8.79 million votes in a country of over 200 million !!. Calling for patriotism for such contraption is insane !!.

Before any warped mind start thinking wailer/ipob/igbo/obedient, I'm an omoluabi and I'm not deluded. May OLODUMARE hasten the expiry date.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by PHAYOL81: 10:25am On Mar 03
Good
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Sleekfingers: 10:50am On Mar 03
Yankee101:
It’s cheaper to fly from neighboring countries unfortunately

Yes, it is cheap in neighboring countries. I will be going to Germany on vacation next month. I am think of going through Benin republic if the difference is too much.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by hopexter(m): 11:08am On Mar 03
Brian47:
This government is clueless they think by rigging elections everything would fall in place.
You know what to do so our naria would appreciate and when our naria appreciate we won't be having this conversation.
Do the right thing nooo but instead they're banning Binance and threatening to sanction foreign airlines. Keep driving business out of our country ehear.

It’s always good to read and understand. What is the right thing mr complainant? You all seem to know too much on internet but yet you did not buy form to contest for presidency.he’s driving business out as if you were employed by any of them. More than 40 countries have banned Binance including U.S, Canada and UK.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by nedekid: 11:17am On Mar 03
ignis:
Nice one... Those foreign airlines are exploiting Nigerians.
No doubt the airlines are exploiting Nigerians, but so is government too.
Government is being smart by half. If you doubt request for the breakdown if your airline ticket, you will be shocked. Eg on a $1000 ticket, you may see the actual money for the airline ticket is $400, the remaining $600 is all different taxes and fees that goes to serveral nigeria gov agencies eg VAT, handling charges etc.
While it is commendable to compel airlines to crash prices, government should also reduce the taxes.

2 Likes

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Bfly: 11:35am On Mar 03
This people are always quick to set up a monitoring committee on policies that affect them
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by obedience4(m): 11:36am On Mar 03
tonicyril:

Just want to tell u that in everything u do, don't emulating everything ur father do, especially in discussion...ire oh!

Instead of you to answer the question, you are insulting his father,. Which indigenous carrier form Nigeria that covers Europe and America
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Krankhead: 12:03pm On Mar 03
Brian47:
You still.dey election season. Sorry o
Try again in 2031
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by bentenny(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03
Hmm
The way and manner local companies are treated in Nigeria is clearly insane!
The FG wants companies to reduce the price of their commodities but will go behind and increase the company's taxes by over 200%

This same companies make use of alternative electricity that run on diesel or pms but are expected to moderate their price!

Unfortunately,the consumers only see companies as being insensitive and wicked unaware that the FG have secretly introduced extra taxes which will be indirectly paid by the public through increased pricing!
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Ulogwe1: 12:24pm On Mar 03
What happened to Air Nigeria that Buhari and his gang of thieves launched?
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Xkonzult: 12:27pm On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

Binance is so good that that countries like Netherlands, UK, Canada, China, India and the rest banned it from operating in the country.

They are still attacking me just because I cursed the enemy of my dear country.... grin grin grin grin imagine ooh grin

Patriot u have done well by cursing d enemies of our dear nation ,those that have successfully destroyed the nations resources for their personal and political gains,those that have dishes out wrong anti people policies ,dat have plunged d nation into muti dimensional poverty and insecurity,and those who have not had a share of their loot and are hungry but choose to partake in destroying d country on religious and ethnic affiliations,then lastly those that are paid peanuts here to confuse and support wicked and evil leaders,
However and those who wish Nigeria to fall because of certain reasons too,...even though wishes don't make policies or laws ,or have direct impact in governance...like d others who currently vagabonds and rogue leaders
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by KaptainAfrika: 12:28pm On Mar 03
Open your own airline and operate at a loss as the patriotic Nigerian that you are.

tonicyril:
see them..

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by KaptainAfrika: 12:30pm On Mar 03
The government is the reason for the high cost of tickets, look at the price breakdown and you will see it - taxes and charges. If the government cares so much about high cost of air tickets, let it start an airline and comfortably run at a loss.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by InvertedHammer: 12:34pm On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

/
They are known as black skin with white masks. They existed even during slavery and are known as "house niggas". Most of them when educated, are trained in ways to defend the actions of their Oyibo masters and covertly maintain status quo pre independence. When they have children, the result is that man up there defending nonsense. In todays Nigeria, most of them are in corporate and professional bodies.

/
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by 3seriez(m): 12:39pm On Mar 03
What the government should do is encourage local Airlines to be plying those international routes and reduce taxes.
See what Air peace did on the London route.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by racerve(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

Patriotism and common sense aren't mutually exclusive.

People are frustrated because none of these measures are tackling the root cause of our current predicament.

1 Like

Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by Brian47(m): 1:42pm On Mar 03
hopexter:

It’s always good to read and understand. What is the right thing mr complainant? You all seem to know too much on internet but yet you did not buy form to contest for presidency.he’s driving business out as if you were employed by any of them. More than 40 countries have banned Binance including U.S, Canada and UK.
Why would I buy form to contest where would a 19 year old get like 50 million to buy presidential form and who's going to vote for me sef?
Because US and UK banned Binance does not mean Nigeria should do the same.
Re: FOREX Crisis: FG Threatens Sanctions As Foreign Airlines Stick To High Fares by kcprince: 1:43pm On Mar 03
tonicyril:
see them..

May your life be like Nigeria . Amen

You don't know what we go through running business in Nigeria. If you do , you will be able to understand my point. But I am sure you are a civil servant so all you care about is to reduce cost of things for you without addressing underlying factors that make prices high.

Do you think airlines just shoot up their prices in a competitive market like Nigeria? Or you think cement just became 11k out of wickedness from Dangote and BUA? or maybe dollar is 1500 because people want Nigeria to fail knowing fully well we don't attract enough dollar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Excluded As UAE Announces 5-Year Multiple-entry Tourist Visa / Mojor Towns In Northern Nigeria(arewa) / Nigeria Begins Registration For 10-year E-passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.