Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Divorce Is Scriptural - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divorce Is Scriptural (955 Views)

Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here / Scriptures Expounded: Reincarnation Is Scriptural! Elijah ... - Matthew 11:12-15 / Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce Is Scriptural by adefash(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
MATT 19 V 9 'I(JESUS) SAY UNTO YOU,WHOSOEVER SHALL PUT AWAY HI WIFE,EXCEPT IT BE FOR FORNICATION,AND SHALL MARRY ANOTHER,COMMITTETH ADULTERY: AND WHOSO MARRIETH HER WHICH IS PUT AWAY DOTH COMMIT ADULTERY'
WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM THIS PASSAGE IS THAT JESUS TOLD THE PHARISEES THAT THE ONLY CONDITION THAT CAN WARRANT YOU TO PUT YOUR WIFE AWAY IS IF SHE IS CAUGHT/CHARGED FOR ADULTERY.PLEASE I STAND TO BE CORRECTED.THANKS
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by tpia5: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
Who are these children of belial twisting scriptures everywhere?
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by adefash(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
tpia@:

IF YOU WENT THROGH THE POST YOU WILL KNOW THAT THE POSTER NEED BETTER EXPLANATION OF THE PASSAGE OF THE BIBLE WRITEN IN ENGLISH AND NOT SPANISH.PLS EXPLANATION IS REQUIRED AND NOT CASTIGATION.THANKS.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by tpia5: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Joagbaje(m): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2011
As much as God hates divorce, there are still reasons by which God permits divorce. But definitely not these holywood kinds of divorce.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by adefash(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2011
@ joagbaje thanks for the contribution.i'v not heard from anyone hitherto that there is a condition attached to divorce though not pleased by god
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 16, 2011
The truth is that God hates divorce Mal 2 and there is no reason whatsoever permitted by God as an excuse for divorce. The pharisees asked Jesus if it was lawful to divorce ones wife Matt 19 and Jesus answer was a big No."it wasn't so from the begining however because of the hardness of their heart Moses permitted it" hence its not God!s perfect will, but Permissible will through the man of God Moses and it was because of the selfishness, the unforgiven spisit of the parties involved. Can't you forgive your wife even if she is caught in the very act of adultery? Marriage is a covenant! Divorce for any reason is based on selfishness and its never the perfect will God. Ministers of God who advocates divorce have erred because in God's eye, the home comes before ministry. Let me stop here
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Ymodulus: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2011
tpia@:

you are one blooooody hyprocrite. Stu.* pid idiot. Bloody religionist. Christendom is doom. Is that what your pastor told you to do? Insult people without explanation. Now i see why people like you are easily decieved by false teachings of so called christendom. Mag*got
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Image123(m): 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2011
Jesus said NO DIVORCE. He said it was THE LAW that gave room for divorce. When it comes to obeying some not so easy stuff from old testament, everybody comes shouting that we're not under the law, Jesus came to save us. I do not exactly understand how the same people are not saved from divorce, a provision made under the law.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Eben2: 6:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
@ poster,

It is true that Jesus said that one can divorce his wife because of fornication but if you read the passage further Mat 19:9; He said that if you divorce your wife because of fornication, you must not marry another woman and the woman so divorced must not be married by another man.

This point was further butressed by Apostle Paul in 1 Cor 7: 10 - 11; " And unto the married i command, yet not I but the Lord, Let not wife depart from her husband: But and if she depart, let her REMAIN UNMARRIED, or be RECONCILED to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife"

So, in earnest, the Lord was preaching forgiveness rather than divorce. A christian that want to divorce his wife will have to think twice cos you're not allowed to re-marry once your wife is still alive; so, it'll be better to forgive and reconcile with your spouse than living alone for the rest of your life. If Christ can forgive us all our evil atrocities, why will Christians find it difficult to forgive their neighbour? If your spouse exhibits bad and unchristian behaviour, prayerfully bring her to the Lord, who knows, you just might save her soul from hell.

Shalom!
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2011
I cannot believe that such a trivial issue will result into christians hsying away from theologically defending their convictions now I understand that this is one of the direct repercursions of ministers of God denying young christians the opportunity to grow and expose them to sound teaching they would rather have them running back to them for spiritual insurance. @op this is the explanation to that passage the word read FORNICATIOn right? Now we all know that fornication is illegal sexual relations between a man and a woman both unmarried and adultery when they are married . Now if you don't understand the jewish custom you are likely to get confused which is why the bible admonished us to study to show ourselves approved . Remenber when mary the mother of jesus was with child it was recorded that joseph sought to put her away discretely but the holy spirit cautioned him of course they were yet to be married but only engaged now in jewish customs engagement is very binding and once a lady was engaged a
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
nce a lady was engaged although it was not yet marriage as sexual relations were not yet permitted for him to be able to ''divorce'' her he needed to prove a case of infidelity but this was only possible at engagement level once they were married and had sexual relations it was impossible otherwise Jesu would have mentioned adultery mmmh the bibke is so perfect you'll agree . We might not have gotten spritual revelation as regards some things but it doesn't mean the bible is untrue.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by seyibrown(f): 1:57am On Nov 22, 2011
@ poster

Love covereth a multitude of sins. Love will forgive fornication/adultery. Remember 'forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us'? God hates divorce; God wants a lasting godly union that will raise godly offspring (adopted or natural). Divorce was only permitted by Moses because of the hardness (sure there is more packed into this word here e.g greed, selfishness, lust for another woman, unforgiveness etc) of the men's hearts.

I agree with Eben 2's post.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by Sweetnecta: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2011
^Sisi Olwaseyi, long time. how is the family?

The person who never loved because there is no lover can't really forgive anyone, according to your above.
Re: Divorce Is Scriptural by seyibrown(f): 2:48pm On Nov 22, 2011
^^ Baba Sweet, How now? Been busy fighting World War III! smiley Hope family and work is fine! grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Lady Wendy C. Schroeder? / Salvation In Islam And Christianity / Bomb Explosion In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.